The Big Dig of Seattle: Bertha takes a turn to China

Seattle_Big_Dig_China.jpg
After sending off the independent overseers, Washington State Democrats in control of Seattle and almost all of Olympia made up a new plan. Why make a tunnel to Southern Seattle when you can make a tunnel to China? Great ideas come from great government officials, no?

Why China you ask? Well, China is willing to pay for the fees to allow this project to go further. They even asked to do two tunnels instead of one to give Bertha twice the honorable workload which Republicans were willing to cancel altogether. Bad people! Bad, bad people!

Anyways, Stuck Bertha would be proud that she/he would be able to move even further than previously predicted. It is a great honor to have more work quota fulfilled than called for in the previous Five-Year Plan.

Think of all the adventures Bertha can have under the great ocean. There may be some problems with trenches, water, magma, and temperature differences, but I am sure they will be solved by the glorious People's Government, just as they have solved all the previous problems.

We must celebrate Bertha's shovel-ready job, saved and/or created under Dear Leader's leadership.

Math section
Q1. Bertha takes 2 years to fail to bore a 2 mile tunnel to South Seattle. How long will it take to fail to bore two 5,990 mile tunnels to China?

a. 2 years
b. 5,990 years
c. 11,980 years
d. A long damn time

A. Bertha is a woman and will be done when she is damn good and ready.

Northwest Comrades,

Boston: The Big Dig was the most expensive highway project in the US, and was plagued by escalating costs, scheduling overruns, leaks, design flaws, charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials, criminal arrests, and one death.
In Kennedy Country we have learned to give the people what they deserve. Put more accurately, what we say they deserve - again and again. And when all our glorious plans fail (always due to Teabagger Obstructionist Obstructionism) we increase taxes, replenish the treasury, and redouble our efforts. Yes, doing "The People's Business" is our number one job.

Now it is your turn. Will you prove yourselves worthy of the proud label "Progressive" or fail and fall by the wayside as so many other contenders have in recent years. Your task is one of great difficulty, but one that could secure your State a permanent place in Progressive Hall of Fame.

Here in the Great Northeast, we will be watching as you mount your effort. Good luck Comrades!

img021.jpg

Progressivism: Burrowing in America's Fundament for Over 100 Years.

“To have an ongoing three people who are out making opinions which are public — I felt that could hurt taxpayers,” House Transportation Committee Chairwoman Judy Clibborn, D-Mercer Island, said Friday by phone.

It's extremely important, comrades, to pruu......prooo......preh......prottttt.........protect!!!! the tax payer! from being hurt. Yes! Yes!

As difficult as that combination of words is to utter, it is the Current Truth™ and we are obliged to proclaim it!

And it is extremely important that we don't have any ongoing people out making opinions - especially not in public. That just won't do. If The Party™ wants your public opinion, we'll give it to you.

It's truly embarrassing to have ongoing people out making opinions in public.

I'm not exactly sure what ongoing people are. Is that a new gender definition? It seems kind of fluid.

“To have an ongoing three people who are out making opinions which are public — I felt that could hurt taxpayers,” House Transportation Committee Chairwoman Judy Clibborn, D-Mercer Island, said Friday by phone.
This is P-Code* for "I'm an illiterate, confused, bungling fool with power far exceeding my limited ability to utilize or control."

*Prog-Code

Ongoing people must be trans-people still in transition from other types of beings, e.g., animal, vegetable, mineral, and extraterrestrial.

Captain Craptek wrote:Here in the Great Northeast, we will be watching as you mount your effort.

Ummm ... Captain ... did you mean "mount your effort" or "mount your effort"?

RedDiaperette wrote:Ongoing people must be trans-people still in transition from other types of beings, e.g., animal, vegetable, mineral, and extraterrestrial.

Is that like hormone therapy prior to surgery? That makes some sense.......in an oddball kind of way.

Captain Craptek wrote:Northwest Comrades,

Boston: The Big Dig was the most expensive highway project in the US, and was plagued by escalating costs, scheduling overruns, leaks, design flaws, charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials, criminal arrests, and one death.

Ahhh, the good old days comrade! A forest of orange barrels among dug up roads and sidewalks, where actual ongoing construction work and workers were scant, yet sleeping police in their patrol cars were ubiquitous. Oh, how I miss it!

kerry1.jpg