The People's Cube Wins the 'Best 2012 Agitprop' Puk Award

PUK_Awards_Finalist_2012.png
There is a time to plant laurels and a time to reap them. This is just that time of year - the Oscars, Golden Globes, and of course, the coveted, prestigious Puks....

So excuse us for yet another well-deserved self-congratulatory announcement.

This January, as always, our comrades at IOTW took a break from owning the world and sifted through hundreds of images from the previous year, selected 28 contestants, staged 14 cage matches, and invited Clarice Feldman to select and judge the 10 finalists.

Four of the ten winning images (2,3,8 & 9) came from the People's Cube: one by Red Square and three by Supercommissar Maksim.

The rest were, of course, equally deserving the prize - click here to see all the finalists and contestants.

This was glorious.

P.S. Note to the collective: why don't we organize our own "Most Equal Square of the Cube" contest, in which we select a number of equal images based on our current definition of equality (subject to change without notice), then democratically (using bribes, threats, and backstabbing) elect the most equal, and then redistribute the prizes to each according to his needs? The best part is that we get to determine who needs what.

Below are the four winning People's Cube images. To see them in full, locate them in the right-hand column and click.

We can also create our People's Prize. Here are some graphic ideas from the past.

[img]/images/Red_Square_Oscar.jpg[/img]

[img]/images/Fist_Golden_Award.jpg[/img]

[img]/images/Fist_Golden_Teabag.jpg[/img]

Congratulations, Red Square and Superkommissar Maksim! It's about bloody time!

All Cube members are hereby ordered to celebrate this victory in true Prog fashion! And what is that, you may ask? Why, we just do the same thing we do when we lose!

That's right, comrades! We do exactly as we would had RS and Maksim turned out to be the same old losers they were back in 2010: We all get drunk and tear off our clothes, and then we roam the streets, tipping over cars and torching them; and breaking windows and looting stores for free stuff before we torch them, too; and whatever we don't tip over, break, loot, or torch, we either pee or have sex on it!

And don't anyone worry about cleaning up the mess afterward. I guess some public service workers will take care of that, unless they're too busy to leave their occupation of the state capitol. Far be it from me to take a job away from a union member. Because I'm a good prog, and I care!

Congratulations to the winners but how dare you! Awards should be distributed equally so that no one goes without. Exhibiting talent is offensive to those without talent.

As a true progressive, I demand that no one be allowed to do anything until we are sure that everyone can be equally good at it. It's not about agitprop, it's about fairness!

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:That's right, comrades! We do exactly as we would had RS and Maksim turned out to be the same old losers they were back in 2010: We all get drunk and tear off our clothes, and then we roam the streets, tipping over cars and torching them; and breaking windows and looting stores for free stuff before we torch them, too; and whatever we don't tip over, break, loot, or torch, we either pee or have sex on it!
Yawn. Just another night like last night, and the night before, and the...

RussianChampagne.JPG
Still - a most equal toast to TheCube™!

cologne.jpg
This and a bottle of nail polish remover, and I am ready to PARTY for the Party! Of course, there's also the old standby... a cake of shoe polish and a slice of bread.

Nomenklatura-climber wrote:
cologne.jpg
This and a bottle of nail polish remover, and I am ready to PARTY for the Party! Of course, there's also the old standby... a cake of shoe polish and a slice of bread.
Comrade Climber,
One of my favorite cocktails after the rations have run out is a 'Green Lizard' (Vitalis on ice)

As our Glorious Comrade Director previosly mentioned, the most excellent cocktail recipes can be found in https://www.amazon.com/Moscow-End-Line-Venedikt-Erofeev/dp/0810112000/ref=la_B001JONK3A_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358467235&sr=1-1
yuri trotynov wrote:
Nomenklatura-climber wrote:
cologne.jpg
Comrade Climber,
One of my favorite cocktails after the rations have run out is a 'Green Lizard' (Vitalis on ice)