Thought Criminal Mayor Resigns

Another glorious moment in the new era of hope and change:

The mayor of a small Southern California city says he will resign after being criticized for sharing an e-mail picture depicting the White House lawn planted with watermelons under the title "No Easter egg hunt this year."

Los Alamitos Mayor Dean Grose issued a statement Thursday saying he is sorry and will step down as mayor at the City Council meeting on March 2.

Grose came under fire for sending the picture to what he called "a small group of friends." One of the recipients, a local businesswoman and city volunteer, publicly scolded the mayor for his actions.

The offending picture:

Look at how offensive this is! I cannot believe he got off with just losing his job. He should have been reeducated!

Still, it is wonderful to know that the locals reported this Thought Crime to the Party. We might never have known otherwise. Thanks to the Unwashed Masses, this Thought Criminal, who might have gotten away with offending the Obamessiah, was caught. The People know what is good for them, and they know it is the Party.

geekwearsprada
First monkeys now watermelons. Soon I won't be able to keep up with what is acceptable and what isn't.

I thought the picture was showing a victory garden *shrug*

Comrades Mr. Obama's Victory Garden merely celebrates Dear Leader's intent to increase the number of environmental activists. As we all know, our Earth First cadres are "green" on the outside, but "red" on the inside.

These don't look like beets... Hmmmm...

Nice analysis, Whoopie!

The Omnipotent Obama surely has considered this potential conflict. Seeing how it will be April, any watermelon plants will be seedlings at best and therefore not in the way of archaic tradition of White House Easter Egg Hunt. Which should be abolished anyway, given it's association with politically incorrect religious holiday.

Image Glorious work, Comrades! Heretics will not to mess with our Dear Leader; re-education is the key.

Anyone wanna add some free-range fried chicken? This demonstrates our committment to animal rights.