Today is 9/11: Requiem for Benghazi

Obama_Lied_People_Died.jpg
[ PROG OFF ]

A reader Glen Shulfer of Florida sent us his song and a music video dedicated to the 9/11 attack in Benghazi. Personally I'm not sure if direct political messages work in the lyrical song format, but I don't pretend to be a music critic. All I know is that the melody is haunting, the arrangement is great, and I can't get the song out of my head after listening to it for a couple of times. Maybe it'll get stuck in a few more heads as well.

Red Square wrote:
Obama_Lied_People_Died.jpg
[ PROG OFF ]

A reader Glen Shulfer of Florida sent us his song and a music video dedicated to the 9/11 attack in Benghazi. [highlight=#ffff00]Personally I'm not sure if direct political messages work in the lyrical song format, but I don't pretend to be a music critic.[/highlight] All I know is that the melody is haunting, the arrangement is great, and I can't get the song out of my head after listening to it for a couple of times. Maybe it'll get stuck in a few more heads as well.

I understand your viewpoint here, Comrade Red, however, how else can we respond to something so horrific? I love this song. It's honest and direct. It ain't lyrical. So what! Sometimes ya gotta fight fire with fire. When the truth is stated bluntly, at least to me, it trumps anything else, including lyrical song formats.

Thanks for posting this. I really appreciate it.

[OFF]

Nice song, but I like this Benghazi Christmas Song better:

It has less politics attached to it, and I don't think that the dead should be used to drive home or push a political point, regardless of whether or not I like your position. Genocide is the only thing I make an exception for, it's a crime against humanity. Let them rest in peace; don't use them and chop their life up into pieces to suit your own agenda.

Anyway, I hope that everybody in the US remembers those who were killed in the WTC collapse regardless of political affiliation, conspiracy belief, race, color, and creed. It would be a shame not to.

Red Square wrote:
The attachment Obama_Lied_People_Died.jpg is no longer available
[ PROG OFF ]

A reader Glen Shulfer of Florida sent us his song and a music video dedicated to the 9/11 attack in Benghazi. Personally I'm not sure if direct political messages work in the lyrical song format, but I don't pretend to be a music critic. All I know is that the melody is haunting, the arrangement is great, and I can't get the song out of my head after listening to it for a couple of times. Maybe it'll get stuck in a few more heads as well.

switch-off-400x400.jpg

I like this a lot. The lack of any kind of "hook" and lyricality reminds me of some good recitative in an opera. Maybe not the hit song aria, but it keeps the story going. And the message is spot on.

The craziest thing about that night in Benghazi, I think, is how so many people just ignore it or forget it or simply don't know about it. Those people were *murdered*. By their own country.

(But I also think, if this were on 8-track, this would be the part where the record company would split the song in two so you had to wait for the other track to hear the rest of it.)