Troll Alert

[img]/images/Test_Outrage_Denouncement_System.png[/img]

All Commissars, please report to the bunker which may or may not exist.

I can neither confirm nor deny having visited a location that may or may not exist; even if I were invited, which might not have happened, provided the person asking had the requisite clearance, and a need to know. What was the question?

Fhalkyn wrote:
I know I am only a lowly prole who will likely be purged for asking this question, but what is the alert about, is it over, and does it involve RethugliKKKans?

And I will probably get purged, too, for replying to your asking, while asking the same thing! Or is this only a test? I should go back into my little hole that seems so much safer than out in the open where a troll (or cat) may get me!

Troll_spray.jpg

Hopefully... that should do it!

anonemous1 wrote:
Fhalkyn wrote:
I know I am only a lowly prole who will likely be purged for asking this question, but what is the alert about, is it over, and does it involve RethugliKKKans?

And I will probably get purged, too, for replying to your asking, while asking the same thing! Or is this only a test? I should go back into my little hole that seems so much safer than out in the open where a troll (or cat) may get me!

Troll_spray.jpg

Hopefully... that should do it!
Wasn't it Dear Leader™ who said when the going gets tough fire one up and watch cartoons? Maybe it was my daughter. Either way, it's about finding your safe space.

RedDiaperette wrote:Is a bunker the same as a safe space?

Sorry, that's a State secret.

Will this State secret be shared by Hillary's email?

This has been a test of the Cube Troll Alert Defense System.

This has only been a test.

In the event of an actual emergency, your local commissars would have been available with official news and information and lists of those to be purged, scapegoated, thrown under the bus, or simply rendered non-persons.

That is to say, your local commissars who were not running about in small circles, waving their arms and screaming.

The current official Troll Alert Threat Color is now deemed to be Puce with a hint of Ecru around the edges.

You may safely return to your normal level of paranoia.

Ivan Betinov wrote:... You may safely return to your normal level of paranoia.
Nothing tops an official reassurance of a Kubist-ZK apparatchik, while stimulating to Further Progress in Shovelling Towards Next Tuesday (within the running pyatilyetka, the 5-year Plan) !

Ivan Betinov wrote:This has been a test of the Cube Troll Alert Defense System.

In the event of an actual emergency, your local commissars would have been available with official news and information and lists of those to be purged, scapegoated, thrown under the bus, or simply rendered non-persons.

That is to say, your local commissars who were not running about in small circles, waving their arms and screaming.

The current official Troll Alert Threat Color is now deemed to be Puce with a hint of Ecru around the edges.

Betinov -

I felt compelled to make a graphic representation of your alert, with a somewhat broader meaning, so it can be used for a wider range of circumstances. I also added it to the top of your original post.

And speaking of the color PUCE:

Wikipedia wrote:Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been crushed.

The color puce became popular in the late 18th century in France. It was worn at the Court of Louis XVI, and was said to be a favorite color of Marie Antoinette, though there are no portraits of her wearing it. Puce was also a popular fashion color in 19th century Paris.

That makes sense: one can squash blood-sucking bugs on puce-colored clothes without ruining the fabric or even having to wash off the stain.

However, if you think that the red flag and other revolutionary paraphernalia are red so as to disguise stains from blood-sucking parasites, that would qualify you as a Gulag-bound thoughtcriminal.

Red Square wrote:
Ivan Betinov wrote:This has been a test of the Cube Troll Alert Defense System.

Betinov -

I felt compelled to make a graphic representation of your alert, with a somewhat broader meaning, so it can be used for a wider range of circumstances. I also added it to the top of your original post.

Thank goodness it is only a test. I would need to burn everything if there was such a thing that happened. I will need to salvage some things from the fire I put out just moments ago.

Red Square wrote:And speaking of the color PUCE:

Wikipedia wrote:Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been crushed.

The color puce became popular in the late 18th century in France. It was worn at the Court of Louis XVI, and was said to be a favorite color of Marie Antoinette, though there are no portraits of her wearing it. Puce was also a popular fashion color in 19th century Paris.

That makes sense: one can squash blood-sucking bugs on puce-colored clothes without ruining the fabric or even having to wash off the stain.

However, if you think that the red flag and other revolutionary paraphernalia are [highlight=#ffff00]red so as to disguise stains from blood-sucking parasites[/highlight], that would qualify you as a Gulag-bound thoughtcriminal.

Aren't they red so that the blood of the blood-sucking parasites known as kapitalists won't show on them when Proletarian Revolution occurs? Or is the color specifically picked to proudly display the blood of kapitalists so that the flag serves as a deterrent to any would-be kapitalist dissidents? Or was the color picked because Komrade Lenin liked firetrucks?

Thank you, Comrade Director, for both the graphic and the nice cover story to explain the Troll Alert. I am really, really sorry I accidentally leaned on that button in the Bunker which does not exist while the Other Ivan was teaching me how to dance the Mazurka.

No, no, no, Comrade Stierlitz!

It was Charles Foster Kane, the evil tormented capitalist, who said at his dying breath, in the movie, Citizen Kane, the word “Rosebud.” Yeah, that's the color! He was remembering his sled when he was just a young innocent whippersnapper. Actually, “Rosebud” was actually beige. Yeah, true story.

He didn't say “Puce”, he said “Rosebud!” He always wanted his beige sled to be, well, Rosebud. It's a color you can find in many catalogs these days.

I know this for a fact because it was in a movie!