We've got a bigger problem than the Daylight Loss crisis...

POLL: My interactions with dihydrogen monoxide:

You may select 1 option

Comrades...all this consternation about the Daylight Loss crisis is minor compared to the TRUE crisis we are experiencing with dihydrogen monoxide. We have been ignoring this issue for years and it will destroy us.

We must get Comrades Gore and Obama to save us...

Here's what little I know about dihyrogen monoxide...

...is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
...contributes to the "greenhouse effect"
...may cause severe burns.
...contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
...accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
...may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
...has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
...as an industrial solvent and coolant.
...in nuclear power plants.
...in the production of styrofoam.
...as a fire retardant.
...in many forms of cruel animal research.
...in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
...as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Only by reducing dihydrogen monoxide can the Lord Obama stop the rise of the oceans.

Yes Comrade Leftfield, I have shouted this warning for years. But the Gorical got a Nobel Prize and I got NOTHING!!! Global Warming indeed, DHM is a much pervasive problem.

I am so mad I'm going to get my Thugs and Kick some doors........Where do you live Comrade Leftfield?

Red Star....my address is:

Gore Farm Road
Carthage, Tennessee 37030

Just breeze by the men in dark suits, sunglasses and coiled headsets in their ears.

Comrade Leftfield,

I do not see all the fuss about this harmless additive. Since no progressive brother and sister would intentionally eat junk food, there is no danger in ingesting a little DHM in other ways..
DHM is sort of an all-purpose chemical and no worse than Coca Cola, (which will now be taxed at 18% in my progressive state of NY to combat obesity.)
Please do institute "cap and trade" for this chemical,as Comrade AlGore's profits (for the health of future generations, comrades) are dropping drastically due to slanderous articles surfacing in the MSM (Oh dear Gaia where is the promised Fairness Doctrine?) stating that perhaps we are not experiencing Global Climate Change, but just Mother Gaia getting her "mojo on!"

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRODUCT NAME: DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE
FORMULA WT: 18.00
CAS NO.: 07732-18-5
NIOSH/RTECS NO.: ZC0110000
COMMON SYNONYMS: DIHYDROGEN OXIDE, HYDRIC ACID
PRODUCT CODES: 4218,4219
EFFECTIVE: 05/30/86
REVISION #01

LABORATORY PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT

[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]SAFETY GLASSES; LAB COAT[/HIGHLIGHT][HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff] (what's this? no gloves?)[/HIGHLIGHT]

PRECAUTIONARY LABEL STATEMENTS

STORAGE: KEEP IN TIGHTLY CLOSED CONTAINER.

BOILING POINT: 100 C ( 212 F) VAPOR PRESSURE(MM HG): 17.5

MELTING POINT: 0 C ( 32 F) VAPOR DENSITY(AIR=1): N/A

SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.00 EVAPORATION RATE: N/A

SOLUBILITY(H2O): COMPLETE (IN ALL PROPORTIONS) % VOLATILES BY VOLUME: 100

APPEARANCE & ODOR: ODORLESS, CLEAR COLORLESS LIQUID.

TOXICITY: LD50 (IPR-MOUSE)(G/KG) - 190
LD50 (IV-MOUSE) (MG/KG) - 25

DISPOSAL PROCEDURE
DISPOSE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL
ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS.

SAF-T-DATA(TM) STORAGE COLOR CODE: ORANGE (GENERAL STORAGE)

SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
KEEP CONTAINER TIGHTLY CLOSED. SUITABLE FOR ANY GENERAL CHEMICAL STORAGE
AREA. DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE IS CONSIDERED A NON-REGULATED PRODUCT, BUT
REACTS VIGOROUSLY WITH SOME MATERIALS. THESE INCLUDE SODIUM, POTASSIUM
AND OTHER ALKALI METALS; ELEMENTAL FLUORINE; AND STRONG DEHYDRATING AGENTS
SUCH AS SULFURIC ACID. [HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]IT FORMS EXPLOSIVE GASES WITH CALCIUM CARBIDE. [HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff](cheap bomb materials?)[/HIGHLIGHT]
[/HIGHLIGHT] AVOID CONTACT WITH ALL MATERIALS UNTIL INVESTIGATION SHOWS SUBSTANCE IS
COMPATIBLE. EXPANDS SIGNIFICANTLY UPON FREEZING. DO NOT STORE IN RIGID
CONTAINER AND PROTECT FROM FREEZING.

DOMESTIC (D.O.T.)

PROPER SHIPPING NAME CHEMICALS, N.O.S. (NON-REGULATED)

INTERNATIONAL (I.M.O.)

PROPER SHIPPING NAME CHEMICALS, N.O.S. (NON-REGULATED)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Che' Gourmet

Penn and Teller circulated a petition to ban the stuff a while back, but can't find am too lazy to find the link to the video. I'd really like to sign it.

Comrade Leftfield wrote:Red Star....my address is:

Gore Farm Road

Just breeze by the men in dark suits, sunglasses and coiled headsets in their ears.

My word, I KNEW you were lurking here, Comrade Gore! You must embark immediately on a new noble crusade to gain attention for yourself save us from this dreaded "dihydrogen monoxide" which sounds so evil I must go and take a bath shortly to rid myself of its dire implications. Put out the call for people's scientists to create a media-driven panic do further research into this ominous and deadly threat; then, we can go about the business of raising taxes again constructing positive programs to solve this crisis! Thank Obama we have you, Comrade Gore! Now GO, get into your jet plane and visit many lands and Hollywood celebrities and inform the world that the SKY IS FALLING ONCE AGAIN!

All too true comrades, something must be done at once. I have even heard that many proles are addicted to this noxious additive. They literally "thirst" for it.

Fortunately I built my dacha within a stone's throw of the People's Distillery so that I have an ample supply of vodka (which as it turns out translates to "just a little dihydrogen monoxide").

I try to flush my system with at least a quart of this healthful beverage every single day and urge all Party members to do the same.

Comrade Whoopie wrote: Fortunately I built my dacha within a stone's throw of the People's Distillery so that I have an ample supply of vodka (which as it turns out translates to "just a little dihydrogen monoxide").

There is an ugly rumor that some imperialist bar owners and party-givers inject this poison into vodka in an attempt to reduce their frequency of purchases from the People's Distillery. If true, this must be dealt with severely! To the Gulag with them!

Comrade Leftfield wrote:Red Star....my address is:

Gore Farm Road

AH-HA, I finally caught up with you “The Gorical” YOU STOLE MY NOBEL PRIZE!!!!!! I know that my paper on the mating habits of the Yellow belled Liberal was better than the Crap you put out.

Your a bad man Gorical Bad bad bad.....I fart in your general direction, your Mother was a hampster and you father smelled of elderberries.

I have been fighting the battle to ban DHMO for several years now. Unfortunately, thanks to the evil Bushitlerburton neo-con cabal and the far right mainstream media (NYT, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, etc.) the danger has been ignored. We have no idea how much DHMO is sequestered in our oceans and ice caps but if it were somehow released (no doubt due to RethugliKKKan environmental mismanagement), the results would be truly catastrophic!

I have faith that The Party, under the wise leadership of the People's Beloved Messiah, Chairman O (PBUH), will correct this insidious threat and Save The Earth™ from the scourge of DHMO before it is too late.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:
[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]I try to flush my system with at least a quart of this healthful beverage every single day and urge all Party members to do the same.
[/HIGHLIGHT]

I will follow your sound advice especially given the current political circumstances and take all my food vouchers and stand in the queue to receive my allotment from the people's distillery.

However, I will use di-hydrogen monoxide to flush my other system
(Yes, I am temporarily fortunate enough to have indoor plumbing before the reapportionment of basic domestic plumbing officially begins....)

Dihidrogen Monoxide is, dare I say it, a greater threat than CO2 comrades! Let us ban together to ban it.

DHMO is the direct cause of over 2% of all DEATH, USA, AGES 15-24, 1998! FACT!

Almost five times as many people die from DHMO exposure than from FIREARMS!

DHMO exposure in the United States, kills an average of nine people per day.(CDC 2006)
<br>This is one of our leading party scientists on the dangers.

Cradle to Grave Marxist wrote:This is one of our leading party scientists on the dangers.
Good to see "Angry Little Girl" branching out beyond her eloquent arguments against the existence of God. This Progressive bright spark is surely the future of The Party!

Let us not forget how DHMO exposure nearly destroyed New Orleans a few years ago. CNN reported on this at length! As I recall, this tragedy occurred because George W. Bush allowed it to happen.

Opiate of the People wrote:Let us not forget how DHMO exposure nearly destroyed New Orleans a few years ago. CNN reported on this at length! As I recall, this tragedy occurred because George W. Bush allowed it to happen.

I'm supposed to be making my famous (to my clan, anyway) Lemon Cloud, but I couldn't resist, Opiate of the People:

Anyone care to purchase a used FEMA trailer, cheap? Ha! HA!

Che' Gourmet

Yo G Che,

It be baaaad dat yo gots us de MSDS fo' dat nastywastea' DHMO. ah' see dat yo posted da damn fust page. De udder page gots de required acshuns fo' 'esposho' man.

(Comrade Che, It is good that you got us the MSDS for that nasty killer DHMO. I see that you posted the first page. The second page has the required actions for exposure.)

I remember teaching матросы, err, young sailors, in the state's glorious u-boat school how to read MSDS. I picked one out of the book for a mild soap solution used to detect leaks in high pressure air pipes. I mechanically read off that the required actions for getting the detergent solution on one's skin was to wash it off with soap and water.

Their laughter gave me pause until I realized how silly government mandated nannies sound. So the joke of the day was the class' homemade MSDS for coffee. I wish I had kept a copy.

Da Peeps' Rapper
Comrade “Pul” хулиганье
Tiglath-Pileser III
Over 2753 Years of Organizing Communities

And makin' thugs out you suckas.
From the cradle to the grave.

Cradle to Grave Marxist wrote:DHMO is the direct cause of over 2% of all DEATH, USA, AGES 15-24, 1998! FACT!

Almost five times as many people die from DHMO exposure than from FIREARMS!

DHMO exposure in the United States, kills an average of nine people per day.(CDC 2006)
<br>This is one of our leading party scientists on the dangers.

Thank you CTG Marxist, we need statistics like this to send to the proletarians about the dangers of DHMO.

I tell you, since I saw this video, I've completely stopped eating anything with DHMO in it. You ask, "How is this possible?" The Party has provided me with special tofu based foods with all the DHMO removed.

(off)
The "party scientist", yet another YouBoob (My joke for YouTube) democrat.

Comrade_Elliott wrote: (off)

Yes but even she had a hard time keeping a straight face at the end after she drank from the omni-present bottle of water.

Even AngryLittleGirI saw the humor in making fun of the BAN THIS crowd.

Sometime I like to think that there may be hope, even for her.

I read a good article on Liberal's view of 'Conservative' Humor by some guy named Oleg. What really stood out was how the same moral choices everyone is faced with can separate even our responses to humor. Go figure.

Cradle to Grave Marxist wrote:
Comrade_Elliott wrote: (off)

Yes but even she had a hard time keeping a straight face at the end after she drank from the omni-present bottle of water.

Even AngryLittleGirI saw the humor in making fun of the BAN THIS crowd.

Sometime I like to think that there may be hope, even for her.

I read a good article on Liberal's view of 'Conservative' Humor by some guy named Oleg. What really stood out was how the same moral choices everyone is faced with can separate even our responses to humor. Go figure.
It probably doesn't help I have no hope for liberals, but I understand fully where you are coming from CTG Marxist.

I'll keep it short, I gave up hope for them, because they have no tolerance for me. I do need to clarify, its strictly on political views.

The funny thing, in my opinion, about liberal's views to conservative humor is their arrogance. Since their hatred of conservatives is their number one style of life, they will fail to laugh at themselves basicly, and we know the reason behind that.

I will admit, I have laughed at some liberal humor before, but it was well timed, and very low key, because one of my ideas of life is "Who are we to laugh at others if we can't laugh at ourselves?"

DHMO is certainly dangerous in the common liquid form, but in it's solid state it may be even more destructive. Solid DHMO is responsible for many traffic accidents, possibly because it has an unknown hallucinatory effect which seduces drivers into increasing speeds above safe limits. The solid form of this chemical also is responsible for many building roof collapses as well numerous deaths and injuries to skaters, skiiers, fishermen fisherpersons and other outdoor enthusiasts. Solid-state DHMO is a frequently overlooked hazard to maritime navigation, having destroyed many vessels including the widely-regarded as unsinkable HMS Titanic. Solid DHMO is EXTREMELY dangerous to handle and can cause the loss of fingers and limbs or even complete cessation of function (i.e. death) in a very short time!

Comrade Opiate, you are correct. Solid DHMO also can not only be dangerous for ships, but it can also make travel by ship impossible if it is wide spread. If it formed DHMO icicles, this can be lethal if it's traveling fast enough, and is big enough.

(off)
Hahaha. . . I love the "hallucinogenic effects of solid DHMO". I live around I-90, and I can't tell how many calls the fire department gets when we have either a thaw/freeze period, or a big snowstorm. People will still travel 70 or 80 mph on the ice.

Opiate, not to mention the severe dental degradation caused when solid DHMO interacts with hockey pucks.

Cradle to Grave, I'm laughing at your post about the MSDS for the soapy solution. Goofy isn't it? How can anybody work for the government with a straight face? I once worked at a mill, in the office though. We had to have an MSDS in a binder book for White Out and toner cartridges! LOL!!