Only a Real Indian can defeat the Fake Indian

Shiva Ayyadurai, a candidate for the US Senate from Massachusetts is being sued for his billboards about his opponent, Elizabeth Warren.

Shiva Ayyadurai -  billboard.jpg
Ms. Warren is just one of several people that are being maligned about their race with some people claiming they are using Cultural Appropriation to get ahead in life.

For example, other people maligned include:

Rachel Dolezal

Rachel Dolezal.jpg

Shaun King (aka, Talcum X)

Shaun King.jpg

Everyone knows that Cultural Appropriation is wrong, and these three people would never use it to take advantage over others.

Warren Eyes Cody.jpg

Liarwatha Spreading Bull of the Slapaho Tribe*

*Not mine. I saw it elsewhere and had to share

Is not the term "Native American" itself a nativist and Eurocentric imposition, in that it (a) assumes that there is one large nation rather than a multitude of indigenous nations throughout the continent, and (b) gives that arbitrary "nation" the name of Amerigo Vespucci, a European whose map of the territory reified the construct?

(My, my, I have not used the words "reified" and "construct" in a long time.)

Let's see if "cultural appropriation" is a real thing and if the progs will put their money where their collective mouth is. Nah, just kidding.

RedDiaperette wrote:Is not the term "Native American" itself a nativist and Eurocentric imposition, in that it (a) assumes that there is one large nation rather than a multitude of indigenous nations throughout the continent, and (b) gives that arbitrary "nation" the name of Amerigo Vespucci, a European whose map of the territory reified the construct?

[highlight=#ffff00](My, my, I have not used the words "reified" and "construct" in a long time.) [/highlight]

Comrade RedD,

My tail began twitching uncontrollably while reading your comment highlighted above! I'm not sure exactly what it means, but I like it. Thanks.

CC

RedDiaperette wrote:Is not the term "Native American" itself a nativist and Eurocentric imposition, in that it (a) assumes that there is one large nation rather than a multitude of indigenous nations throughout the continent, and (b) gives that arbitrary "nation" the name of Amerigo Vespucci, a European whose map of the territory reified the construct?

(My, my, I have not used the words "reified" and "construct" in a long time.)
The same could be said for the term "African American." Heck, if you're going to sow division why do a half-assed job of it? Think about it, the first Apache American or Zulu American president.

BTW, in Indian mythology, Shiva is the destroyer. He fried the head off his own son, Ganesh, who was guarding Mrs. Shiva while she was taking a bath and wouldn't let Mr. Shiva in. Ganesh had to replace his head by borrowing one from an elephant, and the family has been Republican ever since.

And no, the problem isn't that Warren is lying about her heritage, the problem is someone having the audacity to call her out on it. No one challenges the Current TruthTM!