We Must Ban These Lethal Rubber Band Guns

The Palm Beach Post is trying to raise the alarm over 3D-printed guns but instead pushed the “lethality” of rubber band guns.

Notice anything weird about that “lethal” 3D gun? It appears to be a rubber band gun, that's because it is. In fact, the caption for the picture even points out: “Alex Lorenzo, a 3D-designer who operates Da Vinci's 3D Lounge in Lake Park, fires his 3D-printed rubber band gun.”

Rubber Band Gun Manufacturer.jpg

That's an idea that gives U.S. Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Boca Raton, chills. Deutch has introduced legislation that would ban 3D guns, also known as “ghost guns” because they are untraceable, unregistered and, most worrisome, undetectable.

With one printer, a terrorist or criminal organization could amass weapons from the comfort of their home, Lorenzo said.

“Over the weekend, you could have an arsenal, absolutely,” said Lorenzo.
An Arsenal of Rubber Band Guns?

Semi-Auto Rubber Band Gun
Semi-Auto Rubber Band Gun.jpg

The Terminator Rubber Band Gun
Terminator Rubber Band Gun.jpg

Rubber Band Guns are even sold on Amazon and eBay!

And what about those lethal Spit-Ball Guns?

Spitball World Championship.jpg

"What kind of materials are used to create these guns?"

"Well, for 3-D printing a lot of people think it's just plastic. But the fact of the matter is that 3-D printers use all types of material, from metal to porcelain, cement, and chocolate."

In other words, everything you'd need to build an arsenal of lethal assault weapons and equip them all with 3-D printed chainsaw bayonets.

Rubber Band Pistol with Bayonet.jpg

disgraceful. Where are the background checks? Where is the registration? Where are the reports of reichwing tea-bagger radicals buying bulk shipments of rubber bands? Will there be walkouts when school is back in session?

I miss the good ol' days when you could buy Russian rubber bands at dirt cheap prices.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:I miss the good ol' days when you could buy Russian rubber bands at dirt cheap prices.

After the glorious Soviet Union collapsed mysteriously, they were forced to sell their dirt-cheap-pricing technology to the Chinese at—wait for it—a dirt cheap price.

I'm sure we could continue the discussion for hours, but I'm "stretched" for time...

...and it only takes one bad pun for someone to snap.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:...and it only takes one bad pun for someone to snap.

In some quarters I'm known as 'Attila the Pun'.

Zip guns,.. toys,.. pfft! I printed all the parts for a M1918 B.A.R. a few years ago on my trusty $325,000.00 second hand Markforged atomic diffusion bonding 3D printer in under 3 weeks! BTW: That's the same industrial printer I used to make the 4 Polonium-Beryllium initiators for my very first home-brew A-Bomb! How cool is that?

Captain d3 Craptek

And can you mount a chainsaw under that "roll your own" A-bomb?

I didn't think so. Rookie.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:And [highlight=#ffff00]can you mount a chainsaw under that "roll your own" A-bomb?[/highlight]

I should have known you'd home in on that one tiny deficiency. Thanks, "comrade".

Captain Craptek wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:And [highlight=#ffff00]can you mount a chainsaw under that "roll your own" A-bomb?[/highlight]

I should have known you'd home in on that one tiny deficiency. Thanks, "comrade".

With that "one tiny deficiency", what would you do in the event of a fizzle? Scamper back home and cry on your nuts?

Antonio Salazarinski wrote: And what about those lethal Spit-Ball Guns?

Spitball World Championship.jpg

It would appear that this lethal spitball gun employs a (gasp) PLASTIC STRAW! Oh, the horror of it all.

Captain Craptek wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:And [highlight=#ffff00]can you mount a chainsaw under that "roll your own" A-bomb?
[/highlight]I didn't think so. Rookie.

Anytime, "comrade!"

But seriously, you built a bomb out of empty nut shells and bottle caps, (you just can't put a chainsaw on it). Good for you, I'm actually impressed.

A chainsaw on a quick change bayonet stud is just not that important unless you need a chainsaw, like if you lived or fed your family from trees, but you know, mediocrity isn't for just everybody, and now and then a rodent with no standards or pride (yep, we saw you at the People's Mercantile the other day with your "date," you can do better. ) has to shoulder the responsibility and so yes, that rodent SHOULD keep the bar lower for the rest of the kollective to be able to meet an equal set of standards.

By the way, the Peoples's Orchard is looking good, have you been away on business, or another of your gulag "visits?" It is almost harvest time, (I can tell as my nuts are getting larger and fuller by the day.) it would be a shame if you showed up and an accident were to occur. You know, farming and ranching injuries do cause the most visits to the People's Clinic each year, even more so than those diseases you've been getting treatment for. It's dangerous out here.

Make good decisions, and do be careful, "comrade"...

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:And [highlight=#ffff00]can you mount a chainsaw under that "roll your own" A-bomb?
[/highlight]I didn't think so. Rookie.

Anytime, "comrade!"

But seriously, you built a bomb out of empty nut shells and bottle caps, (you just can't put a chainsaw on it). Good for you, I'm actually impressed.

A chainsaw on a quick change bayonet stud is just not that important unless you need a chainsaw, like if you lived or fed your family from trees, but you know, mediocrity isn't for just everybody, and now and then a rodent with no standards or pride (yep, we saw you at the People's Mercantile the other day with your "date," you can do better. ) has to shoulder the responsibility and so yes, that rodent SHOULD keep the bar lower for the rest of the kollective to be able to meet an equal set of standards.

By the way, the Peoples's Orchard is looking good, have you been away on business, or another of your gulag "visits?" It is almost harvest time, (I can tell as my nuts are getting larger and fuller by the day.) it would be a shame if you showed up and an accident were to occur. You know, farming and ranching injuries do cause the most visits to the People's Clinic each year, even more so than those diseases you've been getting treatment for. It's dangerous out here.

Make good decisions, [highlight=#FFFF00]and do be careful[/highlight], "comrade"...

It is imperative we accelerate our plan to outlaw plastic straws before people start melting them down to make 3D printed guns.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:It is imperative we accelerate our plan to outlaw plastic straws before people start melting them down to make 3D printed guns.
Even worse .... What if they melt down the guns to make plastic straws??

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:AAAAAH!

I'm "triggered!"

Don't worry, you'll "spring" right back!!

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:Image

Are these banned too?

(Insert rubber "banned" pun)

What about banning guns that shoot those used rubbers that millennials have circulated through their nostrils?

The People's Anthony Sullivan wrote:
Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:Image

Are these banned too?

(Insert rubber "banned" pun)

Ok.

ONE word. Just ONE word. PLASTICS.

(ok, these days it's metal, cement, chocolate, whatever, too)
(uh, would 3D camel dung also do? just askin'. Allahu akbar!)

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:disgraceful. Where are the background checks? Where is the registration? Where are the reports of reichwing tea-bagger radicals buying bulk shipments of rubber bands? [highlight=#ffff00]Will there be walkouts when school is back in session[/highlight]?
jawohl. Komrade Ivan, the halcyon days of Pop-Tart gunnery are definitely over.

Today it's difficult to imagine, but there used to be times when guns didn't exist and all people lived in peace...

1534406140_14.jpg

Red Square wrote:Today it's difficult to imagine, but there used to be times when guns didn't exist and all people lived in peace...

rock.jpg

What period in history was that Komrade Direktor? I think my history book is the censored version.

Mystery item No. 1