Gov't Propaganda Comes to America: What Took So Long?

The long-awaited Progressive World of Next Tuesday has just gotten closer with the passage of an amendment in Congress that legalizes government propaganda. What could possibly go wrong with that? It worked so well in the USSR!

Drawing simplified, two-dimensional people on a propaganda poster is the same as flattening individuals under an ideological press, squeezing out and discarding their humanity and leaving some single common trait - class, gender, race, profession, ethnicity - in order to establish a simplified, two-dimensional vision of the world in the minds of target audiences.

Complex, multi-dimensional ideas are not likely to spur large groups of perfect strangers to unite in a swift, coordinated action. That can only be accomplished with a simplified message that isolates a single common characteristic in different people and exaggerates it to the point of existential importance, while suppressing more essential individual characteristics. As the secondary characteristics become primary and vice versa - voila - the individual is being sacrificed to the collective.

As an added benefit, this amendment will feed all the progressive artists congregating at the NEA trough. It just so happens that, as a former Soviet citizen, I used to create motivational visual agitation posters for the Communist Party committee in Siberia. May I apply for a grant?

Here, I just created a few posters on speck. Let's see if the American public is down with such a self-image. Feel free to contribute!

Woo Hoo! This is great news! Now where do I go to get hired?

Comrades Red Square and Maksim, I am so happy for you! The opportunities unfolding are legion; perhaps, some day, if I pay all my taxes, report enough dissidents, and find enough dead voters, I shall be allowed the crumbs which fall from your graphically artistic tables! Or Intuos tablets, as the case may be.

It is a glorious day indeed!

Brilliant! We, the Masters of Propaganda of Unified Information, hereby volunteer our services to The Cause™ and will do whatever it takes to get the Message out!

Some of our earlier propaganda and visual agitation:

And some more from the "Fishy Rumors" thread.

By massive demand we made it into a T-shirt

Government propaganda was formerly illegal in this country? Couldn't tell. Oh, wait, let me prog back on, uhm, yes, tax-payer sponsored propaganda is necessary to combat the evil corporate propaganda. Some information about people's hero Mac Thornberry progressive insurgent hiding amongst the RepubliKKKans.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Perhaps we could force the government to print this on large posters and hang it in every government office, including the courts, the White House, and local, state, and federal politicians.

It is now official that the majority of you that we elected are corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years
to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it
right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right
and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right;
$1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years
to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right
and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence
on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion
a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right
and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

The American People

Comrades, I have come up with a new reactionary slogan:

Free market has always worked. Obama has never worked.

Well Done, Comrades!

i am still laughing at some of these glorious and informative works of people's art.

Red Square,

Sorry you are feeling so low about 3-D. But just to make a point, this photo of a brilliant sculpture:

Comrades in Central People's Cube Committee, please note that I have spread a rumor of our glorious propaganda arm to running dogs of KKKapitalism at https://www.wnd.com

Therefore I humbly request allotment of sack of potatoes, for production of home made vodka, to celebrate our Dear Leaders teleprompter 's birthday. May it's diodes run forever!

Iron Felix wrote:Comrades in Central People's Cube Committee, please note that I have spread a rumor of our glorious propaganda arm to running dogs of KKKapitalism at https://www.wnd.com

Therefore I humbly request allotment of sack of potatoes, for production of home made vodka, to celebrate our Dear Leaders teleprompter 's birthday. May it's diodes run forever!

Comrade,

Seems those running dogs at WND are but mere Birthers, however, we here at the Cube are After-Birthers ™ .