On the campaign trail with Barack Obama in Ohio

Due to recent events and faced with an electorate increasingly skeptical of his executive competence, even of his sincere desire to be the president of the United States and perform the job he was elected to do in 2008, President Obama has taken a new tack in his campaign.

"There are those who say that if I were to run against the Barack Obama of 2008 I would be crushed," the president said at his latest campaign stop. "There are those that say I promised so much... not just policies, not just the promises of the actual things I would accomplish (of which there were many)... More importantly I was a promise of transformation of society itself. And not just here, in the United States, but around the world. Because I'm black. In some minds I took on a mythos of extraordinary qualities, I became superhuman.

"But, that was back in 2008.

"2008 was an historic election. For the first time in history America elected an extraordinary black man! A black man who could seemingly accomplish miracles. A black man who was like a superhero.

"The last four years have proven there are no superheros. The last four years have shown I am but a man. Simply looking at recent events around the world and here at home and the way I handle them demonstrate that I am a mere mortal much like you.

"I'm humbled by these things and have learned by them. We've all learned by them. There are no superheros with quick fixes.

"Now, in 2012, there is another man that wishes to campaign and win your vote by promising you he can fix everything. Now there is another man trying to build up a mythos of himself as superhuman. Mitt Romney's entire campaign is centered around this idea that he is some kind of superman and his election will fix everything. Listen to him. He's got all the answers. Just like me four years ago. Just as cocky as I was four years ago. Just as full of himself as I was four years ago.

"America can't afford another four years of that. America has learned it's lesson. There are no magic men. Such men are make-believe. Such men have brought us to disaster.

"Our economy and world peace are in a shambles! Make no mistake, the last thing the world needs now are people like Mitt Romney posing as larger than life supermen whose very presence is all that's necessary to change the world. America doesn't need demagogues. America has grown. America is finished with that.

"Our economy and peace are too serious for such trivial men. What America and the world need now isn't an "extraordinary superman" as Mitt Romney is claiming to be, it is a human man, a normal man, a human being.

"The last four years were a terrible time for all of us. If America elects Mitt Romney it will fall into the same mistake of relying on supermen as it made with me my first four years. It would be disastrous. You can't let that happen. Another four years of 2008 Obama will destroy us!

"Over the last four years I've proven that I am not a superman. I have proven that I am just a human being. I failed to live up to my promise of 2008. I have no promises to live up to and fail now. The last four years of turmoil and gathering storm have very much drained and humbled me. I have nothing now to offer America but my blood, toil, tears and sweat.

"Mitt Romney has promised you everything... as such "supermen" are wont to do. I can't change that. All I can do is offer you me, an ordinary black man and the opportunity to vote, not for a black superman, not the extraordinary black man of 2008, but for something much more real... a truly historic thing - an ordinary human black man in the White House. That is an historic vote. A vote for a normal black man. I am a black man with no need anymore to be superman to be equal, nothing to prove. That is historic. That will show the world America has truly changed.

Thank you."

I don't understand. What is Dear Leader Obama talking about? How can he say he hasn't accomplished anything when he has single-handedly brought America, once the most stable nation on Earth, to the brink of economic collapse and civil war. He is MUCH too modest.

Margaret wrote:"Mitt Romney has promised you everything... as such "supermen" are wont to do. I can't change that. All I can do is offer you me, an ordinary black man and the opportunity to vote, not for a black superman, not the extraordinary black man of 2008, but for something much more real... a truly historic thing - an ordinary human black man in the White House. That is an historic vote. A vote for a normal black man. I am a black man with no need anymore to be superman to be equal, nothing to prove. That is historic. That will show the world America has truly changed.

Thank you."

forward1.jpg
FOR MORE EARS!