Evict the military recruitment station, cage the recruiters!

Pittsburg.jpg

Let the Revolution Begin!

Events of the greatest historical importance are developing in Amerika. The proletariat has been driven to revolt by the government. The revolution is spreading. From the policy of bloody repression, unrest is growing among the workers, and the strike is spreading.

Still more clashes have occurred between the workers and the military. Contrary to the mendacious government reports, innocent demonstrators' blood is flowing in many parts of the country. Workers have taken notice of the terrible oppression and they now join sides with the progressive resistance against the fiends, against the tyrant, against the murderers of defenseless workers and of their wives and children.

No matter what the outcome of the present uprising in Berkley may be, it will, in any case, be the first step to a wider, more conscious, better organized uprising. We must symbolically go hand in hand with them during the uprising, when direct blows are being struck at fascism, when resistance is offered and the bastilles of the accursed enemy of the entire Russian Amerikan people are stormed.

Let, therefore, every Progressive Liberal Democrat, every class-conscious worker bear in mind the immense tasks of the broad popular struggle that now rest upon his shoulders. Let him not forget that he represents also the needs and interests of the whole peasantry, of all who toil, of all who are exploited, of the whole people against their enemy. The proletarian heroes of Berkley now stand as an example to all.

So join the uprising and come to the dinosaur sculpture in front of Carnegie Library (4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213) this Wednesday, March 19. Bring a date or wait for fate!

Long live the revolution!

Long live the insurgent proletariat!

Good find. I like the picture of the proletarians with shovels at the top. Just like what we originally used to have at the Cube:

Long Live Symbolic Actions and Talking Points!

Laika the Space Dog wrote:Long Live Symbolic Actions and Talking Points!
I agree. This is my favorite line...

...When the state brings the resources necessary to suppress direct action against the war, it makes sense to hold a symbolic protest, and we still consider that a success...

Far be it from me to tell these people how to do their job of what the reichwings would so callously refer to as "trespassing", "breaking and entering", "false imprisonment" etc., but I can't help thinking they might have more success in this noble endeavor if they did it during regular business hours, when the predators' lair is occupied and accessible.

I scrolled down and noticed all such activities seem to be scheduled after regular business hours (or "duty hours" as they say in the military). I wonder why? It can't be because these people have regular jobs themselves. For one thing, that would also require them to have lives.

They go there after hours and break in, of course alarms are going to go off and the cops will come. Meanwhile, they're stuck with those empty cages. Oh wait . . . (Pinkie hits self with shovel). They'll be caging blow-up dolls dressed in military uniforms. Dumb Pinkie! It's all about the SYMBOLISM! SYMBOLISM is what gets things done!

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Oh wait . . . (Pinkie hits self with shovel). They'll be caging blow-up dolls dressed in military uniforms. Dumb Pinkie! It's all about the SYMBOLISM! SYMBOLISM is what gets things done!

It's not the results but only the effort that counts. Another example of the same mentality that produced the "Drive Out The Bush Regime" protest and drum circle (jerk) a few years ago. They even had a plan as to how they would take control of the executive branch once they had seized the White House. What they failed to consider was that taking control of the White House would not give them legal control of the country (that's what you get for being stoned in your Junior High American Govt. classes), or that a few hundred unarmed smelly hippies versus a large contingent of well armed Secret Service tactical officers and probably US Marines would be a bloody mismatch they would likely lose.

Similar issue with these attacks against recruiting stations and and these "actions" to impede military activity. There's got to be a point where they cross the line from so-called "civil disobedience" with arrests and minor convictions that give them street cred among fellow radicals to serious violations of Federal law.

OK, OK, never mind, wishful thinking on my part. Sorry!

And here's a little ideological context to round out your protest weekend:

Please note that the final photo in the video clip above is fake, apparently added for satirical effect.

What were we doing in Hawaii? We have been war criminals as far back as when we attacked the peaceful English Peace Corp that was here only for our own good, and we bit the hand that fed us. Bad USA! Bad! Oh how I would love to meet one of these Code Pinkettes.

Argh! I swear! Sometimes it seems likeStalin's Ghost tries to keep me from here. Oh well, I blameit on Bush. Now, why am I finally posting? Ohyea, glad to see that there is progress being madehere. Commissar Pup, my thoughts exactally, first WWII, thenWWI, and we keep going back until we get to the "Revolutionary War" of1776. Fat capitalist pigs! Revolutions were ouridea! We thought of it wwwaaayyyyy before youdid. Yea, back in the early 20th century, or wait, err, 19comes before 17 right? What the heck! It does notmatter, all numbers are equal so it does not matter!

The fucktards were outnumbered, turned and ran, so they went to plan B, invaded the CMU campus and put a 5'X12' cyclone fence in front of the Admin building.

Lame.

None but the Brave!

Laika the Space Dog wrote:Lame.

None but the Brave!
All 65 of them in the pouring rain. Poor bastards had to fall back on the old tried and true protest method of blocking a doorway...to a building that is known as the Admissions Building...used to house the admissions office, the Hub (where you pay your bills and get your student ID), and the Office of International Education (OIE; where you get help on student visa and I-20 issues, as well as get the information for orientations).

Compelling sign, too.
-Mikhail

Yes, with true revolutionary zeal the anarchists, when confronted with the result of their actions, showed their resolve to follow through with their plans, no matter what the consequences ability to evade the oppressors and redeploy their forces to more favorable terrain.

65? It was less than that. Maybe 40, 50 tops.
Nobody called them "faggots"....All alot of "Mutha F#@kers", "pussies", "cowards" and "bring it on".
They shouted a couple of slogans on a bull horn and turned tail.
Simply pathetic.

I guess these people forgot their Mark Twain: Unlike the truth, fiction has to make sense.

Their story does not hold up. For one thing, they couldn't keep such a so-called "ruse" secret among 40-50 people, or even a quarter that many. And for another thing, I'm sure they would've welcomed members of the public to partcipate. How do you get the secret out to them, and expect them to keep it?

What they did end up doing made absolutely no sense. I had a picture of roaches scattering when someone switched on the light. I fail to see what they accomplished.

What I do succeed in seeing, is liberals trying for the umpteenth time to cover their worthless butts with the same, tired old excuse they always dredge up when their harebrained schemes backfire on them: "Just kidding!" (e.g. Sheryl Crow and her one square of toilet paper; the Clinton campaign using Obama's kindergarten essay to prove he was lying about not always wanting to be POTUS).

What's wrong with you stupid right wingers? Don't you neocons have a sense of humor? Can't you tell we're just joking?

That said, I'm surprised Mime hasn't claimed his putsch was just another joke designed to rile up the right. And he dares to call himself Progressive! Sounds to me like a certain genius needs to be re-educated.

Are you comrades forgetting a simple fact? These are progressive hearts and minds. Their number does not matter, nor their courage or duration of action. The progressive heart and mind feels and thinks more strongly than others!

Commissar Pupovich wrote: The progressive heart and mind feels and thinks more strongly than others!

Perhaps that is because the Progressive Heart and Mind is just a hive mind of someone behind the scenes....

Pay no attention to the Pup behind the curtain!

Yes Premier, I omitted that as it has such a negative feel for the unwashed.

Poor unwashed... and the children! Can't forget the children.

Oh yes, the Children, the Children. Premier, were it not for Bush being responsible, you would almost make me feel guilty.