Notable/Quotable: An interesting epistemological conundrum

Margaret wrote:
2/7/2023, 1:54 pm
How do you know what you don't know?

Agreed. I mean, if a bear shits in the woods and no one is there to step in it, how do we know that it really happened?

Duuude...deep. So DEEP!

You're like a philosopher, like So-Crates or something.

Confucius say: If a Chinese spy balloon flies over the US and NORAD misses it, did it really happen?

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
2/7/2023, 3:50 pm
Duuude...deep. So DEEP!

Duuude. Like René Descartes: "I drink, therefore I am."
bourdon.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
2/7/2023, 6:42 pm
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
2/7/2023, 3:50 pm
Duuude...deep. So DEEP!

Duuude. Like René Descartes: "I drink, therefore I am."
God said to Moses, "say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.".  Well, I drink, so I guess I'm God.  I will be sending fire and brimstone to punish the capitalist masses as soon as I figure out the incantation.  You would think I would know these things as an omnipotent God.

Kim Jong Fun wrote:
2/7/2023, 8:25 pm
God said to Moses, "say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.".  Well, I drink, so I guess I'm God.  I will be sending fire and brimstone to punish the capitalist masses as soon as I figure out the incantation.  You would think I would know these things as an omnipotent God.
MOSES Eat ze manna.jpg

It's getting downright Rumsfeldian in here.....

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know........."

I always said I was gonna name my consulting business "Rumsfeld Associates.......for when you don't know what you don't know" (and we don't either, but we'll charge you extra to find out!)