The People's Morality Opposes 'Zero Dark Thirty'

zero dark thirty 2.jpg
The People join Comrade Ed Asner in opposition to "Zero Dark Thirty" receiving any Hollywood recognition. How could we violate the People's moral clarity by supporting a movie (true or not) that admits the effectiveness of waterboarding in the capture of Osama bin Laden (PBUH).

Here is the People's position:
‘‘I only hope that academy members consider the implications of presenting a homicidal torturer as a beautiful, innocent, persistent and courageous heroine,'' Clennon said. ‘‘Then I hope they feel the freedom to vote their consciences, rather than limiting themselves to considerations of aesthetic merit, divorced from morality.''

It is unclear to me who this "Clennon" is to receive credit for the above quote. As Commissar of Historical Revisions, I decided to award it to Comrade Jammie Foxx, Commissar of Cultural Sensitivity and White Eliminations.

I think a few minor adjustments can make Zero Dark Thirty an Oscar Winning Blockbuster.

But Dear Leader Obama gave the order involuntarily terminated Osama himself, did he not? Did our Party not proclaim, "Osama is DEAD and GM is alive" on many bumper stickers and talk shows? And did not Hollywood contribute mightily to re-elect Dear Leader instead of his unworthy opponent, the cancer-causing Romney? So how could a movie depicting one of Dear Leader's only most impressive achievements NOT win be moral when Dear Leader is the quintessence of moral? It would be like saying Kim Il Jong is a murderer because he had the state torture and kill people who were trying to escape from his benevolent utopia. Utter nonsense, even to a Hollywoodenhead.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

I just watched Zero Dark Thirty yesterday and I made some observations. First, while the water-boarding scene did exist, and honestly I would have rather been water-boarded than put in the box, but that's neither here nor there, within the narrative of the movie it didn't serve to catch Bin Laden. Zero Dark Thirty was more about "Maya" and her quest against the patriarchy. The trail had gone cold and all the detainee programs had been halted by Obama.

The CIA leadership had pretty much given up on Bin Laden being alive, but Maya was the little agent that could, who overcame all the obstacles, blackmailed the Pakistani CIA station chief and discovered the whereabouts of Bin Laden's hideout. The water-boarding scene was extraneous except to show Maya as tough. Later, when she is responsible for detainee interrogation, she takes a softer tact than those who came before her, further deifying the character.

EDIT: I read the article after posting this. At the end it says just what I said, and more. They did get nothing out him by torture, and it was only when they bluffed him into believing the Saudi mass shooting had been averted by his own testimony did he suddenly cooperate. I'm not saying I thought was a great movie, and it definitely doesn't warrant the praise it got, nor an Oscar consideration, but it shouldn't be because of erroneous complaints by bed wetting leftists who would have cheered it had the movie just indicted the Bush administration over it.

Rikalonius wrote: The trail had gone cold and all the detainee programs had been halted by Obama.

The CIA leadership had pretty much given up on Bin Laden being alive

All the more reason for disbelief. Obama would never have allowed the trail to go cold. He would not have left that one single promise go unfulfilled. OK, the one about the seas and the middle class taxes and health care not raising the deficit and getting out of Afghanistan ... I'm starting to see your point.

I believe I have found a way to make Zero Dark Thirty an Oscar Blockbuster with a few minor adjustments.

We know our Hollywood comrades didn't complain when the scarecrow threatened to use his pistol. And besides, doesn't everybody know that it's "just a movie?" Jeez...A little simulated torture, murder, destruction, Martian invasions, whatever...As the MTE says, "What difference does it make?"

Wizard of Oz.jpg

Scarecrow Unchained. And besides, didn't Dorthy water-board the witch?

Rikalonius wrote:Image
... honestly I would have rather been water-boarded than put in the box ...

With his dying breath, Usama a.k.a. Osama was attempting to express a preference the same as yours:

Rikalonius wrote:Image ... but that's neither here nor there, within the narrative of the movie it didn't serve to catch Bin Laden....

You and I must not have watched the same movie.

--KOOK

I also happened to watch the movie yesterday. The very first lead about Abu Ahmed came from the waterboarded prisoner. The rest of the investigation was about following this lead.

Comrades, I believe my Prog may have slipped off - it's hard to tell these days, what with life constantly imitating TheCube™ - but the fact is that waterboarding works. Another fact is that it leaves no lasting damage. I know people who have been waterboarded in training.

And yet another fact is that the idiots/communists currently in charge of What's Left of America not only would rather be politically correct than save American lives, THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA. And to hear them piously declare that America won't "torture" those who routinely stone women for the crime of being raped, chop off peoples' heads and hands, and who want to destroy our culture and civilization with every ounce of their 7th century being, disgusts me pretty much more than I even dare say.

Oh. There it is. Putting my prog back on now, the cat had dragged it into another room...

Red Square wrote:I also happened to watch the movie yesterday. The very first lead about Abu Ahmed came from the waterboarded prisoner. The rest of the investigation was about following this lead.

Only to partially quibble here, but didn't he give up the lead after the bluff? I.e. the mass shooting went off in Saudi Arabia and they told him (the water-boarded prisoner) that due to his testimony that they had stopped the plot, or did he give up Abu Ahmed in the interrogation room? I thought it was later and feeling he had already betrayed his cause, he became more forthcoming with information. I could be wrong, I just want to clarify that if I missed it.

It makes no never mind to me, I was just thinking that B&B (Bigelow and Bole) just wanted an excuse to show it, but then purposefully showed it not to be effective, which slipped past the moralizing leftists they were probably trying to appease.

I saw the film last week, and am outraged, OUTRAGED!!!! that it lasted soooooooo loooooong. I thought the torture was occurring to those of us in the audience crying out, please, have mercy, put an end to it now! On the other hand, that was kind of what waiting for someone to catch Bin Laden was like.

Obama was going to see the movie but he got caught up reading.

how to sink.jpg

I was saddened to a tear, at the demise of ODL (other dear leader) Osama Obama Osama bin Laythem... Laydan... Laydem (??) and I am thinking I can not see such a sad movie.

burialatsea.jpg

I am also thinking I am saddened of being white, since white is not the 'new black' and have some fear of being murdered by meandering black personages such as Jamie Foxx. I denounce such provocative fear.