The 5th Plane Still Attacking

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:Image
Three planes were used by terrorists to attack America on 9/11. They were destroyed, but a 4th plane is still flying and still being used to attack America ...

George Bush Compares January 6 “Domestic Extremists” to Islamic Terrorists in 9/11 Speech

PROG OFF.

Because the Cube still does not enable embedding of some types of mp4 videos, I must provide this link to enable you to view an embedded version of the following video:

"Bush 43 & Trump Condemn Domestic Violence"

Source of the above-described video combining two separate C-Span videos, for which I've provided the links below:

Bush 43 Generally Condemns Domestic Violence in 9-11 Speech at Shanksville on 9-11-2021.

Trump Specifically Condemns Domestic Violence in 1-6-2021 Capitol Riot.

--KOOK

Wish they'd just crash that fourth plane and be done with it. We'd all be a lot better.

PROG OFF.

Notwithstanding that Breitbart article's and the twitter mob's claims to the contrary, anyone who listened to his speech knows he did not "allud[e] to American citizens who stormed Capitol Hill to protest the 2020 election." To the contrary, it was Antifa and BLM that exhibited "disregard for human life" and "defile[d] national symbols" -- NOT the capitol rioters.

To suggest that he "alluded" to the Capitol rioters is like the bogus suggestion that Trump's speech just before the riot inspired the riot.

--KOOK

KOOK wrote:Notwithstanding that Breitbart article's and the twitter mob's claims to the contrary, anyone who listened to his speech knows he did not "allud[e] to American citizens who stormed Capitol Hill to protest the 2020 election." To the contrary, it was Antifa and BLM that exhibited "disregard for human life" and "defile[d] national symbols" -- NOT the capitol rioters.
To suggest that he "alluded" to the Capitol rioters is like the bogus suggestion that Trump's speech just before the riot inspired the riot.

Au contraire. Bush's words were ambiguous. They could allude to BLM and Antifa, but they could also support the Left's assertion that right-wing extremists caused violence and defiled national symbols at the Capitol. This is why the Right is condemning Bush and the Left is praising him.

Since George W. Bush is a RINO anti-Trumper who did little to promote conservative values and who voted for Hillary Clinton, there's little reason to believe he was speaking of BLM and Antifa.

GWBCOM.jpg
The bottom line, however, is that "W" should not have even made such remarks: the 9/11 20th anniversary was a time of mourning and commemoration and not the time to unfavorably compare even violent Americans to the Taliban vermin who treat women like property, torture and behead people and marry little girls.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
KOOK wrote:Notwithstanding that Breitbart article's and the twitter mob's claims to the contrary ....

... Bush's words were ambiguous. They could allude to BLM and Antifa , but they could also support the Left's assertion that right-wing extremists caused violence and defiled national symbols at the Capitol. This is why the Right is condemning Bush and the Left is praising him.

... The bottom line, however, is that "W" should not have even made such remarks: the 9/11 20th anniversary was a time of mourning and commemoration and not the time to unfavorably compare even violent Americans to the Taliban vermin who treat women like property, torture and behead people and marry little girls.
(Italics added by KOOK.)

I would compare those "violent Americans" who commit arson on buildings they know to be occupied (or would reasonably be expected to be occupied) -- such as occurred last summer on numerous occasions by leftists -- is suitably comparable to the Taliban (or ISIS) since we know ISIS (and I have no doubt, ISIS-K as well) burns people alive and there have been similar reports of the same tactics by the Taliban (or other torture/murder tactics just as evil) in Afghanistan in the wake of Biden's surrender. Being incensed over terrorism IS what the mourning and commemoration were at least in part about (in addition to the honoring of courage and bravery by first-responders, about whom Bush spoke eloquently as well as the Flight 93 passengers. The left is trying to distort the "ambiguity" for the reason they distort everything else-- i.e., to seek to sow discord and animosity among their adversaries. I expect the left to do that; I don't expect our side to say "amen" to leftist propaganda (such as the leftist propaganda that Trump intended to incite a riot-- That's what the left does). Indeed, the right's condemnation of Bush 43 is playing into the hands of, and lending undeserved credence to, the left's propaganda.

--KOOK

KOOK wrote:The left is trying to distort the "ambiguity" for the reason they distort everything else-- i.e., to seek to sow discord and animosity among their adversaries. ...the right's condemnation of Bush 43 is playing into the hands of, and lending undeserved credence to, the left's propaganda.--KOOK
Undeserved?

We wouldn't be having this conversation if Bush 43 had just stayed on topic instead of wandering off on a tangent to Comparisonland.

KOOK wrote:...those "violent Americans" [are] suitably comparable to the Taliban (or ISIS)--KOOK
No, they aren't. Not even close. Over 3,000 people murdered by Islamist extremists in one day on 9/11 says so.

KOOK wrote:I don't expect our side to say "amen" to leftist propaganda--KOOK
"Our side"? All your commentary so far has repeatedly said "amen" to leftist propaganda.

"W" is woke now. And of course, everything woke turns to sh*t....
Trump has done several things for me. Not the least of which is regret the fact that I voted for W, McCain and Romney.