The growing threat to democracy all over the world

First Britain and now Italy. Everyone is voting against democracy. Everyone is voting against civilization. Everyone is voting with their feet, with their pocketbooks, with their votes. Everyone is voting the wrong way. Everyone is voting against the current of history. The lights are slowly going out all over the world and everyone is voting against it.

Make no mistake people are voting against democracy itself. We have been very patient with other countries but now We face the prospect that these far-right kooks who've been winning elections won't honor Our need to have a world-wide corporate tax-rate or Our need to fight climate change with a net-zero economy by 2050. Who knows what these anti-democratic far-right fearless leaders will do to us next.  

We are growing very impatient. 

The good thing is I think I've found a perfectly constitutional way to fight against the rising tide of world-wide fascism.

I've long studied the constitution of Our democracy. In fact I went through college on a full Constitutional Scholarship. And you know, there are gems of gold in that thing. I think I've found one that will help us in our fight to save Our democracy all over the world. 

The problem as We see it is now that people in other countries have voted against democracy how do We make them honor what democracy and civilization needs?

Our answer to this is as smart as you'd think it would it be. 

In the constitution is the wonderful enabling act known as the Commerce Clause. Check it out:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3:

[The Congress shall have power] to regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes;

You'll notice the Congress has the power to regulate commerce with foreign nations. 

Now there is no way to read the Commerce Clause as it's been interpreted since the early twentieth century as giving Congress power to regulate just about everything in the United States without coming to the obvious conclusion as We have that if it gives Congress power over everything in the country, it quite obviously is worded so as to give Congress power over everything in foreign nations - basically everything in the world. If the Commerce Clause means one thing it means the other too. That is the way it is worded. And it doesn't do any good to claim that it can't give Congress power over foreign nations as foreign nations aren't governed by the Congress but then turn around and say the reason Congress has power over everything in the country is because it's been enabled by the Commerce Clause. If the Commerce Clause is to be an enabling act in one thing it is an enabling act in all three things it addresses. It isn't worded any differently than that.

And if not then the entire body of law and administrative state that has been created by interpreting the Commerce Clause as an enabling act is null and void.

This, the Commerce Clause is how my administration will bring the world back in line. With this tool we will be able to stop the flood of people voting the wrong way all over the world and carry the torch of our democracy to the dark recesses of Italy and Britain. We will establish outposts of democracy and missionaries of civilization all the world over. This then is Our burden and We shoulder it with good cheer and faithfulness. God willing our troops will prevail. Real Democracy is Our goal and We cannot fail.

And if that doesn't work, Congress could always start an unwinnable between two foreign nations, fund both sides and impose economic sanctions on anyone who supports either side. It's never been tried before, to my knowledge (usually support is for one side or the other) but as a strategy, it might be worth a try. There is so much at stake, afterall. Our Democracy™ is worth someone else fighting for it.

President Potemkin, that was the best abuse of the Commerce Clause, yet. Hit ‘pelipsky one more time, Joe. Abuse of the Commerce Clause has only scratched at the intent of Commerce Clause, so far. We haven’t even begun to fill in the circles of the letters forming the written words in our effort doodle away any legibility to comprehension.

‘pelipsky has an indelible ink sharpie pen and is ready to doodle away everything about The Constitution, while listening to your next Presidential Address. Every (D) gets filled in first.