The People's Cube Was Hacked by George W. Bush

[img]/images/Malware_Healthcare_Chrome_Warning_Obamacare.png[/img]
On December 4th this year, the People's Cube was blocked by most browsers and placed in Google Gulag, leaving the masses of wired workers and peasants without their beloved Party Organ. This was the second blow that the toiling communities of America and the world suffered in rapid succession - the first blow being, of course, the failed launch of the ObamaCare website.

And since we all know that the culprit in that case was, without doubt, George W. Bush, there is no doubt in our collective mind who done did it this time.

As a result, the glorious pages of our most truthful news source were replaced with intimidating messages and pictures warning the users of dire consequences to their livelihoods, personal data, and bank accounts. These were exactly the same security risks posed by the ObamaCare website. Coincidence? Don't make us laugh. There are no coincidences: only a steady, historically inevitable progress and the attempts to thwart it by reactionaries. And we all know that the mastermind of all reactionary conspiracies is George W. Bush. What more proof do we need?

The matching patterns didn't end there. The replacement screens told the web-surfing masses that they had to click on the dangerous link to find out what's behind it. The screenshot of what they saw on HealthCare.gov is above. An almost identical image was found on the People's Cube:

[img]/images/Malware_Healthcare_Chrome_Warning_Cube.png[/img]

We all know who took up painting recently - George W. Bush. So who do you think manufactured these false images? No doubt Bush always knew how to do this but managed to keep it secret until the news leaked out.

The alleged reason for the block was "suspicious" behavior of some capitalist ads that appeared on the Cube, and we know who the biggest supporter of capitalism is. It's George Bush. So it's all Bush's fault.

Thus, through no fault of our own, we found ourselves in Google Gulag, which is like a worldwide ObamaCare system for websites. Our coverage was suddenly canceled and we were trapped with no discounts for pre-existing conditions, huge out-of-pocked expenses, and the looming prospect of the Death Panel. There was nothing we could do: the navigators were incompetent, barely spoke any English, and the higher-ups were unreachable. All we could do was wait and hope that our health problem would go away by itself. And so it did, on the fourth day.

This morning the People's Cube has been released from Google Gulag with a clean bill of health, albeit a tarnished reputation, somewhat disheveled and broke.

We have to learn to live again in the free world... What? Not free anymore? Boy, things did change while we were in the slammer.

[img]/images/Website_Browses_You.png[/img]

Comrade People's Director - is there NO despicable level to which Bush will not stoop in his blatant attempt(s) to halt our glorious FORWARD! progress??

>spit<

FREE AGAIN!

Thank God Almighty 0bummer

I am FREE AGAIN!

Or is this Sandra Fluke making off with all the birth control pills?

Malware_Healthcare_Chrome_Warning_Obamacare.png

Of all the Heinous crimes committed by that Fascist Bushwacker, that Cube is by far the worst.

[img]/images/Website_Browses_You.png[/img]

In Obama's America, the website browses YOU!

Oh good Lenin,

Is there no level of depravity that Bush will not stoop to? Hacking the Cube and all the while still acting as a front man for the evil powers that continue to back him.

bush_-_evil_empire.jpg

But it gets worse Comrades. As we all know when it comes to actually using a computer Bush's ability to even type is sorely lacking. He had help Comrades to carry this atrocity against our beloved Cube out.....He used some Tech Assist and made a call for help from someone who is computer savvy.....

palin computer.jpg

I'm going to puke now.

All I can say is that damn Bush makes me sick.

I knew it! After I brought the amazing discovery that Bush was the mastermind behind the Kennedy assassination to the collective, he tries his best to subvert The Truthfrom the people! How much longer will we have to face this great enemy? I say we need to implement Bush Hacking Awareness Ribbons and distribute them to the masses! Gather the workers of textile and design and inform them of this great need!

I hate to say this but...

The ads are back and so are the problems.

I am not taking any chances with my computer so... bye-bye.

[img]/red/images/clipart/Cone_of_Silence/Cone_of_Silence3.gif[/img]
It seems I have to explain what happened in more detail. And also what has changed:

It's a common practice these days among large graphic-heavy sites to use the so-called Contend Delivery Network, or CDN, to save on bandwidth. The Cube also uses such a service. We have set up a mirror site at thepeoplescube.com, which cashes all the Cube content. "TPC" in its name stands for "The People's Cube."

We also used an ad provider that gave us iframe snippets to insert into our pages. According to our ad provider, in the end of Q4 advertisers are rushing to unload their ads, which sometimes results in careless coding. Apparently, some such careless coding was misconstrued by Google algorithms as "malicious" and in conjunction with iframes that can be used for code injection, this raised very red flags in Google's electronic brain.

The ads in question stayed on the Cube for only a few seconds, but since they were cached at thepeoplescube.com, Google declared that URL "malicious," and the Cube along with it, because that's where it gets its content from. As a result, the Cube was blocked by Google Chrome and some other browsers and anti-virus programs, with which Google shares its "findings."

Interestingly enough, Microsoft's Internet Explorer was never part of this Great Cube Hunt of 2013. The Cube was always available on IE during this time.

And later, even after the Cube was cleared by Google of any wrongdoing, some users still couldn't view the site properly because their browsers and anti-virus programs, especially Vipre, continued to block our thepeoplescube.com

I had an email exchange with a couple of our users, who use Vipre. It was a challenging task because when I asked them to configure their computers to stop rejecting thepeoplescube.com, their Vipre deleted that URL from their emails so they couldn't even see it. This led to a hilariously confusing conversation. In the end, they added that URL to the "don't-block" VIPRE folder and that was the end of their problems with the Cube.

Note that while we had to spend an enormous amount of time to deal with this issue, this was at no time our fault. In the 5th century BC, a wise Greek statesman named Pericles said, "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." Today we may also add that "Just because you do not take an interest in Google doesn't mean Google won't take an interest in you." You can run but you can't hide.

About the ads: the "incorrect" iframe snippets have now been removed and replaced with a new, "correct" code that is specifically designed to keep Google happy.

And finally, as I looked up the exact wording of Pericles's great quote, I found some other great things he said:

• Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.
  • Having knowledge but lacking the power to express it clearly is no better than never having any ideas at all.
  • We do not imitate, but are a model to others.
  • Our love of what is beautiful does not lead to extravagance; our love of the things of the mind does not make us soft.
  • What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.

Comrade Chairman, You indeed have a way of making a quite complex technical matter understandable to the common prole, such that would make Colossus proud!

In the famous and leg tingly words of our OTHER Dear Leader: Let me be clear - if you use it, open Vipre, click the Firewall tab at the top, then Settings, then Firewall, make sure that Enable Bad Website Blocking is checked and click the Bad Web Site Exceptions button. Click the Add button, and add [removed]. Click OK all the way back out.

I know everybody woulda figured it out, but much like Comrade Prezzy MompantsOnFire's never ending speeches, one can never hear it enough :)

And thank you, Comrade People's Director, for your care of this glorious Cube!

As no crises should go to waste, Google should have to pay for its recent flirting with evil right wing clingers. If we looked deeper, we would certainly find connections between these events.

Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin work for Google? That explains plenty

[color=#C0392B]Comrade Putout[/color] overreacted when she wrote:I hate to say this but...

The ads are back and so are the problems.

I am not taking any chances with my computer so... bye-bye.

i-am-scared-silly.jpg

What is chasing Sarah Palin? I dont have my bifocals...

Comrade Tovarichi,

I have pointed out why you failed to recognize Comrade Putout in stick form.

27833-i-am-scared-silly 2.jpg