A Demand for People's Paid Protest Leave (PPPL)

With all the Days of Resistance and Days Without Some Victim Group we've had lately, and will continue to have for the next four years—or until He Who Shall Not Be Named Because That Only Legitimizes and Worse, Humanizes Him—is impeached—it's clear we need to set aside another Day, this one to demand paid leave for protesting. We shall call it the People's Paid Protest Leave, or PPPL™ for short.

Because this is about People. People who care. People who are fighting fascism. People who want only to take back the democracy that last November 8th was ripped from us as if we were raped—which, in a sense, we were.

That makes us victims. And that, in turn, makes us entitled. Thus we are entitled to paid leave for protesting, so we can make our voices heard without fear of being fired from our jobs. Without having to use any of our sick days that we've already used up for our hangovers. Without having to waste any of our precious vacation days that we shouldn't have to use for anything other than loafing on the couch binge-watching whatever we can find on Netflix. And don't even get me started on maternity leave. It's not fair I have to get pregnant and actually give birth just to get maternity leave. I'm denied my right to choose! But I digress.

Resisting and protesting is a right. When people are faced with losing their jobs because they choose to exercise their rights, their boss is denying them their rights. Their boss is being a fascist. No one has the right to make you work on a Day of Resistance or a Day of Demand or a Day of Awareness or a Day Without One Victim Group or Another. But you still need to be paid as if you did work. Magic markers, poster board, yarn for pink pussy caps, etc.—it all adds up! No one should have to choose between these necessities (which shouldn't be taxed, either), and having to report to work for a fascist who'd just as soon fire you anyway for daring to exercise your rights.

You are valuable. You are special. You are a Victim. Ergo, you are entitled to be paid for your courage and suffering under the oppressive, bloodthirsty regime of He Who Is Not and Never Shall Be Our President.

And if you're unemployed? You should be paid, anyway. It's only fair. No one, but no one should ever have to miss a protest because they aren't being paid to show up!

Image Image Image
Commissarka Pinkie is a regular contributor to The People's Cube, and is dedicated to raising awareness of how much she cares. When she isn't busy making an issue out of everything, she enjoys spending other people's money, jumping on bandwagons, and wandering through the woods with her shovel, hoping for a chance encounter with Hillary and digging a hole in which to curl up and cry—for both of them!

I am moved to tears, Commissarka, your compassion for Comrade Clinton has rebounded throughout my central nervous system and the Central Committee. It takes a big man to cry, it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man crying. Do not judge me, we are all equal.

I do believe she is in need of many hugs preferably female. I'm not saying or implying anything sexual is/is not/could be/could be not involved. Nor am I saying that I approve/disapprove/no opinion. Would just like to watch.....please?

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:
Resisting and protesting is a right.
Indeed. I've always maintained that anything that is a right must be provided to us by the government for free, or at least be subsidized.

Thus, the government must pay us for protesting against the government. No, wait. The People's government must pay us for protesting against Trump's government. And Trump's government must give money to the People's government for protesting. In short, Trump must pay us for protesting his fascist rule, or else he's a fascist.

The right to assemble means that when we assemble to protest, the government must provide us with free food and beverages and recreational substances.

It is critical for the government to support our protest against the government aimed at growing more government so the government would be better equipped to support our protest against the government aimed at growing more government.

If that sounds confusing, think about deep state. When the government is small, there's not enough space and nutrients for deep state to evolve. Think about big government as primordial soup in which deep state evolves, grows, and matures to the point of invincibility. That's what we want.

We support deep state against superficial state!

What do we want? Deep state! When do we want it? Now!

[img]/images/Power_to_Deep_State.jpg[/img]

Heretofore we have had to pay our government overlords for a permit to our rights. We must pay for a concealed carry permit for example. The right to assemble must be obtained via a paid for permit. Even free speech seems to have a price attached to it these days.

Since all kinds of rights that are not enumerated by the Constitution, must be purchased directly from the government like....well like the right to healthcare. I see the PPPL as being feasible if one only pays the local, state and federal governments a nominal fee deducted from your paycheck. Unless, of course, you are of the protected class, victim class, immigrant class or don't receive a paycheck. So, I guess just white males must pay the PPPL tax tariff investment fee to be redistributed to those who protest for the rights of.....wait, what/who are we protesting today?

Red Square wrote: The right to assemble means that when we assemble to protest, the government must provide us with free food and beverages and recreational substances.

How could you forget a pallet or two of bricks to lovingly, peacefully throw at those we are protesting against ? We can't be expected to buy our own surely ? The government must provide us with them & all our other protesting gear ,baseball bats ,masks etc.

And now there is to be a March For Science on Earth Day! How thrilling -- another day off and another congenial gathering of the usual suspects concerned citizens. Surely it is the government's responsibility to provide good weather conditions for our protest of the global warming climate change deniers in the government and elsewhere. In fact, the deniers must pay for all costs of the march, including travel expenses and symbolic lab jackets and other scientific thingies. No, not just costs -- REPARATIONS!

BREAKING: Washington DC finally gets Statehood... It will now be referred to as DEEPSTATE

March for Science! Wall to wall nerds pulling fruit loops off the backs of their shirts and giving each other wedgies, all telling "dad jokes". Ohboy. Then there are the wymyn scientists.......who are every bit as equal as their male counterparts! Phew! Almost blew it there.

All this talk of what's RIGHT has me feeling triggered. The real question should be, what's LEFT?

Pleading for rights is for losers, what's left is for takers, and we are those takers.

When Pinkie wants something, so do I - regardless.

Good news comrades!

In Europe, we are way ahead of you ignorant Americans...

In Belgistan, some of our comrades who joined the greatest protests of all - the Islamic State, that is - are now on tax-payer funded welfare! So I have the joy of paying taxes to our F16's to bomb the hell out of them, then I can pay taxes to have them treated in a hospital in Belgium, and then I can pay taxes to have them on welfare!

Triple taxation, triple the fun.

Comrade Svyet wrote:and this same thinking about rights, should it not that apply to butt plugs and fudge?

Here are are two lovelies (at least I think they may be under that hijabs) that are protesting in case it isn't a right. And they are doing it at Micheal Moore's tiny house. remember - "if the tiny house is a rocking, don't come a knocking!"
Full context of quote:

"If the tiny house is rockin', don't come a knockin'. I just rolled over in my sleep. Hahahaha, no seriously." - Michael Moore (overheard in the women's room at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards)

It has occurred to me, as I watch these inspiring marches, that there is very little true marching being done in them. One remembers the glorious May Day Marches when indeed one marched, indeed one displayed one's diversity in uniformity, one's readiness to give all for the Cause and the Motherland, and, of course, one's highly accomplished footwork and machinework. I propose, then, that we march for the return of such marches. Let us then have a ... MARCH FOR MARCHES!

(We will have it in March, of course.)

"...buncha dumbasses, This entire division is out of step, except for ME!"

Attributed to "Ivan the Stakhanovets" in his retirement parade from the People's Army...

Comrade Svyet wrote:no problem... as long as we are paid for it!

may-day-parade-moscow.jpg
"Eyyyyyeeeessss RIGHT! Now be careful where you point that thing."

The 8th of March is the Communist International Women's Day. I see a women's march against Trump happening on March 8th.

When these scary women march, capitalists crap themselves!

[img]/images/various_uploads/Womens_March_Soviet_Poster_Bourgeoisie.jpg[/img]

The words on the banner: "Working and peasant women - to the election polls!"

The words below: "Under the red flag, marching with men! - We bring fear to the bourgeoisie!"