From the Blame Everything on Capitalism Dept.

a blizzard of snowflakes.jpg

A letter to the editor from today's Wall Street Journal:

In “Those ‘Snowflakes' Have Chilling Effects Even Beyond the Campus” (op-ed, April 22), Heather Mac Donald suggests the source of “snowflake” behavior among millennials on college campuses comes from a cultural orientation that is contra-Occidental and that students view themselves as victims of a Western, capitalist, racist, heterocentric, gender-insensitive society. I'm an educator who sees college students every week. “Snowflake” culture has been incubated in a primordial ooze much more toxic: a very Western, very capitalist cocktail of consumercentric messages.
Many students view themselves principally as customers. The campus environment is a thing to be purchased and, like a purchase on Amazon, should meet the customer's expectations or be sent away, instantly, with free return shipping and a full refund. We used to be participants and contributors; now we are customers and critics. This change of attitude is not unique to the university campus. It can also be seen in health care: “I paid for you, doctor, and I expect you to prescribe the opioids I seek. I'm not getting what I want out of this relationship. I'm the customer, I'm not paying you to be called an addict. I'm a victim. I'm in pain. What do you mean a referral? I'm leaving a bad review on Yelp!”
This kind of shallow, entitled, needlessly adversarial, accusatory exchange is not rooted in some anti-Western leftist hate campaign originating on college campuses. Instead it originates in the cheap postwar, one-liner bits of philosophy we've chanted together, phrases like “the customer is always right” and “the squeaky wheel gets the grease.” If these are the big ideas in society, don't be surprised when the customers start squeaking.
Karl T. Muth, Ph.D.
Northwestern University
Chicago

Thus proving bourgeois notions of freedom lead to most if not all of our social ills.

Karl Marx Treatment Center wrote:
a blizzard of snowflakes.jpg

A letter to the editor from today's Wall Street Journal:

In “Those ‘Snowflakes' Have Chilling Effects Even Beyond the Campus” (op-ed, April 22), Heather Mac Donald suggests the source of “snowflake” behavior among millennials on college campuses comes from a cultural orientation that is contra-Occidental and that students view themselves as victims of a Western, capitalist, racist, heterocentric, gender-insensitive society. I'm an educator who sees college students every week. “Snowflake” culture has been incubated in a primordial ooze much more toxic: a very Western, very capitalist cocktail of consumercentric messages.
Many students view themselves principally as customers. The campus environment is a thing to be purchased and, like a purchase on Amazon, should meet the customer's expectations or be sent away, instantly, with free return shipping and a full refund. We used to be participants and contributors; now we are customers and critics. This change of attitude is not unique to the university campus. It can also be seen in health care: “I paid for you, doctor, and I expect you to prescribe the opioids I seek. I'm not getting what I want out of this relationship. I'm the customer, I'm not paying you to be called an addict. I'm a victim. I'm in pain. What do you mean a referral? I'm leaving a bad review on Yelp!”
This kind of shallow, entitled, needlessly adversarial, accusatory exchange is not rooted in some anti-Western leftist hate campaign originating on college campuses. Instead it originates in the cheap postwar, one-liner bits of philosophy we've chanted together, phrases like “the customer is always right” and “the squeaky wheel gets the grease.” If these are the big ideas in society, don't be surprised when the customers start squeaking.
Karl T. Muth, Ph.D.
Northwestern University
Chicago

Thus proving bourgeois notions of freedom lead to most if not all of our social ills.

Comrade,
It's about time everyone realizes, based on the recent events at Berzerkeley regarding 'free' speech and the power of 'higher education', that TOMORROW belongs to the SNOWFLAKES............................

Man, that is a great movie scene with that little Trump supporter Nazi belting out that song.