Tucker Carlson's Interview with Putin

No deep analysis here, just posting the best meme so far, which I completely re-made to meet TPC's high quality standards.

TuckPut1.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
2/11/2024, 7:57 am
No deep analysis here, just posting the best meme so far, which I completely re-made to meet TPC's high quality standards.

Putin reads James A. Michener novels. To tell his stories, Michener always begins at the beginning, too.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
2/11/2024, 9:28 am
Putin reads James A. Michener novels. To tell his stories, Michener always begins at the beginning, too.
Ha ha. My aunt and uncle owned a dry cleaners in Greenwich Village. In the late 1950s, they refused to give Michener his cleaned suits back because he tried to pay with a personal check (a month before "Hawaii" got published).

They didn't trust him because they didn't know who he was and they didn't care about his claims about being a famous author.

I guess Michener learned that paying cash is the beginning of getting your dry cleaning back in New York City.

Texas is SO BIG, it took Michener TWO volumes to tell the story of the 450 years creation of Texas.

https://www.bookrags.com/studyguide-texas/#gsc.tab=0

It’s only taken 30 years for the Texas Legislature to destroy Texas.

How many years has it taken Russia to destroy Ukraine?

jackalopelipsky wrote:
2/11/2024, 10:39 am
Texas is SO BIG, it took Michener TWO volumes to tell the story of the 450 years creation of Texas.

Depends on whether you count the Holodomor.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
2/11/2024, 11:08 am
jackalopelipsky wrote:
2/11/2024, 10:39 am

https://www.bookrags.com/studyguide-texas/#gsc.tab=0

Depends on whether you count the Holodomor.

Putin’s 3 thousand year history of Mother Russia was propagated to make the Holodomor into a blip in The People’s memory chip of the death and destruction to the most fertile land, which apart from communist Russian control, could feed the world, while getting financially rewarded for their tractor work.

And, the Russians are doing it to Ukraine, again. Putin studied General Andrew Jackson, “Sure, NATO says Russia can’t, let NATO enforce it.”

Jackson is famous for having responded: "John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it." Although the comment is probably apocryphal, both Georgia and Jackson simply ignored the decision.

Imagine Lenny Kravits, American Woman, and substitute Victoria Nuland as the American Woman we the people deplore. Picking fights, she then makes other people’s lives suffer the enforcing, part.

Victoria Nuland, get away from me. MAGA don’t need you, baby…bye, bye

Trump is a direct descendant of Prince Rurik of this there is no dispute!

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:
2/11/2024, 2:31 pm
Comrade, your statement might have been clever if Trump had any relevance to the original post.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
2/11/2024, 2:54 pm
Comrade, your statement might have been clever if Trump had any relevance to the original post.

My inability to suggest a James A. Michener novel reference instead exposes my irrelevance.

2/11/2024, 2:59 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

My inability to suggest a James A. Michener novel reference instead exposes my irrelevance.

Yes, comrade. Jackalopelipsky has been known to track rabbit trails, it’s not the jackalope’s fault, it’s the created jackalope’s fixed setting. However, Putin’s history lesson of The Mother Land, is exactly like a James A. Michener novel, starting at the beginning of time. Is literary joke on Putin, comrade.

How extraordinary Colonel O —who if he told you what he actually does for The People’s Cube, …. had a James A. Michener literal story.

Enjoy your beet waffle here at TPC’s Secret Underground Waffle House and Bunker, and be nourished, comrade.

If Tucker were to ask him about Conan the Barbarian, Putin would have probably said that Conan was a Russian hero, because he lived in Cimmeria, which lay roughly where Ukraine is now (and gave its name to the Crimea), and since Ukraine is Russia, Conan was a Russian hero.

Conan_1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimmerians

The rest of his historical rant was about just as scientifically valid and self-serving, with his dates sometimes a couple of centuries off.

I'm writing an essay on the subject - coming soon. I didn't want to, but too many people have asked me about it, so I'll put together an essay from those answers.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

But Trump has relevance to everything because everything is Trump's fault, including this post and any replies to it, and we have no higher mission than to defeat the Orange Man.

Red Square wrote:
2/11/2024, 7:18 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

But Trump has relevance to everything because everything is Trump's fault, including this post and any replies to it, and we have no higher mission than to defeat the Orange Man.
Let's not fool ourselves, Comrade—the specter of Climate Change is haunting the world and is the foremost existential threat to be defeated (according to uniformed sources).

Also, I'm pleased that you are delving into the Cimmerians (and hopefully the Scythians) since the real ones (not the Robert E. Howard ones) were crucial to the advancement of early humans in Europe and civilization as a whole.

And yes, I have read all the Conan books including the posthumous collaborations by L. Sprague DeCamp et al. (and I once met Frazetta's wife and children but not Frank himself).

Global Warming is also Trump's fault, comrade. Make a note of it.

The Cimmerians were an offshoot of the Scythians. Then the Scythians were replaced by the Sarmatians, who were also a related west Iranian group. They all wore very wide trousers with wide saches, which also served as pockets. There were also some other ethnic groups coexisting and mixing with one another on that territory, and when the Slavs began to spread south from what's now north-western Ukraine, they eventually mixed and assimilated all those people, and they all became Ukrainians. That's why you can see all types of faces and complexion in Ukraine, from Nordic to Iranian, with them all being Ukrainians.

I've read that the Scythian and Sarmatian language had an impact on Ukrainian, adding some words, sounds, and even a vowel shift that doesn't exist in any other Slavic language.

And the wide pants that the Cossacks wore, and their entire attire came from the Scytho-Sarmatians. No one knows exactly how the Cossacks originated, but there's a theory they were initially Scytho-Sarmatians who remained throughout the Middle Ages along the Dnieper (near where I was born), and became the seed for the free people's militia that later became the Cossacks.

Cossacks.jpg

Here's a seldom-used word you may not know:

farrago

Look it up—it perfectly describes Putin's twisted history soliloquy.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
2/13/2024, 12:47 pm
Here's a seldom-used word you may not know:

farrago

Look it up—it perfectly describes Putin's twisted history soliloquy.

Did you know?
Farrago might seem an unlikely relative of farina (the name for the mealy breakfast cereal), but the two terms have their roots in the same Latin noun. Both derive from far, the Latin name for spelt (a type of grain). In Latin, farrago meant "mixed fodder"—cattle feed, that is. It was also used more generally to mean "mixture." When it was adopted into English in the early 1600s, farrago retained the "mixture" sense of its ancestor. Today, we often use it for a jumble or medley of disorganized, haphazard, or even nonsensical ideas or elements.

Putin dished out a bowl of Russian beet malt-o-meal for non questioning minds to eat.

I know that meal. It's also called "free lunch."

Red Square wrote:
2/14/2024, 1:22 pm
I know that meal. It's also called "free lunch."

Oddly, tanstaffel (with an e) is Dutch for "dental table," but still doesn't get to the root of the Putin farrago.