Lion Meat at Safeway

This is an outrage and must be stopped. If it's allowed, what will be next, panda breast tenders? Koala cutlets? Quokka cube steaks?

At first I thought this was a parody of some sort......sadly, it appears to be real.

They walk among us - and they have the right to vote, too. Explains a lot.

On a lighter note, we have a neighbor that always referred (jokingly) to the local Food Lion grocery store as the "Food Loin", so Mrs. RZ and I got at least one legitimate laugh out of it.

While we're talking about bad behavior in grocery stores, here's a timely video. Long at 22 minutes, but worth watching. As I said earlier, they walk among us:

Red Zeppelin wrote:
4/12/2023, 12:53 pm
At first I thought this was a parody of some sort......sadly, it appears to be real.

...we have a neighbor that always referred (jokingly) to the local Food Lion grocery store as the "Food Loin", so Mrs. RZ and I got at least one legitimate laugh out of it.
It's no laughing matter. Just look at some of the canned food I spotted while shopping today:

Baby Panda Meat 1.jpg
QUOKKA Meat 1.jpg
FENNEC Meat 1.jpg
WHALE Meat 1.jpg

Jackalopelipsky’s going to stay out of the food store as a product or as a shopper.

Exotic food down at the Safeway reminds 'pelipsky of SisterBunny tale. SisterBunny lived in a very special world, populated with cats, dogs, and other critters. 'pelipsky just got to tag along for the ride.

Anyway, we questioned the entire concept of gourmet cat food. Like, who came up with the idea that cats wanted to eat tuna, or salmon? We knew the chefs at Fancy Feast were not even in the right hemisphere of what cats really wanted to eat. We had actual cat habits in mind when we developed our own line of gourmet cat food.

Number 1 - Baby Rabbit Stew - with savory baby rabbit parts simmered in a creamy gravy - a sure hit for what cats really wanted.

Number 2 - Gecko Etouffee - Prepared in the holy trinity of cajun cuisine beginnings, with sautéed wild onion, celery, chopped red pepper, and a home cooked gecko stock. Gecko Etouffee boasted more tasty Gecko tail meat than any other premium gourmet cat food.

Number 3 - Cardinal Pot Pie - hidden beneath the golden brown flakey crust was a wholesome array of cardinal bird parts. As a bonus, Cardinal Pot Pie included a real bird head and claw for a pampered cat to leave on it's care partner's front door mat!

See comrades, SisterBunny and 'pelipsky knew what cats REALLY wanted for dinner. We were just waiting for our Rosa Parks' Moment to hit the market.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
4/13/2023, 1:17 pm
See comrades, SisterBunny and 'pelipsky knew what cats REALLY wanted for dinner. We were just waiting for our Rosa Parks' Moment to hit the market.

http://amorq.com/article/639/how-much-do-cats-kill

Obviously we were far ahead of the exotic gourmet cat food biz. Maybe Safeway’s ready for the Jackalopelipsky sisters today.