Breitbart Designs by the People's Cube

One person alone can never fill the void that Breitbart leaves behind. We need thousands of Andrew Breitbarts. We need you to be Andrew Breitbart. I am Andrew Breitbart.

- Katie O'Malley

With this quote in mind I created designs that place Andrew Breitbart's face as a heroic symbol of the entire Tea Party and conservative movement. The Left have been successfully using the posterized portraits of Che and Obama to unite and inspire their folowers, all the while glamorizing their fraudulent ideology. Unlike those two, Breitbart was an authentic, charismatic, and tragic hero who fought for real truth and justice. His image inspires us to continue his work and to stand up for his values. If anyone deserves to have his face on T-shirts and posters, it's Andrew.

Considering Breitbart's appreciation of my own work and my background in visual design, I was compelled to create a stensiled version of his portrait with a series of slogans that reflect Andrew's words, thoughts, and aspirations. I'm sure he would have approved.

I drew his face as I remembered him, relying on the video of us together at last year's CPAC.

Visit our Breitbart online gallery! Be Andrew Breitbart!

UPDATE:

Make Breitbart stick! Cut this bumper sticker in four and apply where appropriate around your neighborhood, school, campus, etc. It's cheaper if you buy them in bulk.

These are individual 3" round stickers, 6 per sheet (can be changed to smaller size, 20 per sheet)

Image Image

Also posters for Tea Party rallies and other occasions. Look good enough to decorate any room!

Excellent, and tried to order but, the Zip/City thing needs fixing!

I think I need to post the entire piece by Katie O'Malley whose quote I'm using in my designs. Katie is a good friend and a journalist at Human Events. She wrote it and sent it out right after the news of Breitbart's death.

I am Andrew Breitbart Now

As I write this, I find that I bounce between every stage of Kubler Ross' stages of giref in 15 second increments. Bear with me.

Years ago, a friend of mine was listening to me noodle on a problem. She said, “You should call my friend Andrew and talk to him. He loves to talk about this stuff.” And so I did. At the time, he was still behind the curtain of the burgeoning new media space and none of us knew how exactly it would unfold and what his role would be. But everyone who spent even two minutes talking to Andrew knew he would be a game-changer.

We talked for hours on that first call (there was no such thing as short phone call with Andrew) juggling our households of kids in the background. We laughed, railed, solved as many problems in the world as we could before one child or another knocked something over. He charmed me from the first hello.

During that first call with Andrew, I was a stay at home mom who was trying to find my voice. I had feelings and opinions but I was struggling to find the confidence to express myself. Talking to Andrew with his “I know!” and “Exactly!” punctuating the conversation was magical for me at the time. He gave me confidence and encouragement to find my voice, and use it. USE IT. Get out there and fight.

Fast forward a few years and I took a shot in the dark and sent a snarky email to Human Events Editor Jed Babbin. The email was not in a format covered in “How to land a writing gig” but more “jotting down the wacky way I talk to Andrew and other friends.” And Jed, God Bless that wonderful, amazing man, let me further develop my voice under his tutelage.

And now, I feel the loss of Andrew in so many ways. I lost a friend. I think of his wife Susie, one of the most generous, amazing, kind souls I have ever met, and my heart breaks. At a time in my life I was struggling with a very real family issue, she gave me insight that changed my perspective and did so with such generous honesty and vulnerability it endeared her to me forever. His children were the lights of his life and as a mother, their pain makes me nauseous and almost paralyzed with grief for them.

As a warrior in General Breitbart's army, I feel leaderless. In a movement that is punctuated with example after example of cowardly and self-destructive behavior, I fear for the movement and fear for my country.

Bev Perlson of Band of Mothers, always referred to Andrew as the “General Washington of our time” and she is right. Andrew did not lead from an ivory tower, a comfortable consulting office in DC or from the cesspool of Beltway politics. He led from the streets, from stages in the middle of deserts, corn-fields and town squares. He is one of the few people I can think of who never asked those around him to fight a fight or take a risk he was not already up to his eyeballs in.

One time I had to get him to a designated spot by a certain time for an important interview. I was on much feared “Andrew Wrangler Duty”. No one ever volunteered for that role, but many around him had to wrangle at some point. The challenge that drove us crazy? Knowing he had to be at a set spot, at a set time, and we would have to nudge him through all the people who just wanted a quick moment.

It didn't matter how important the meeting, or how famous or powerful the person he was meeting was, it was never as important to him as the little old lady who tugged on his sleeve as he raced through a hallway who just wanted to say hi and get a picture. And you just couldn't get frustrated with him when he came to a screeching halt…every 3 feet…for as long as the stretch was from where he was to where he needed to be, because it was so endearing and twas the very essence of who he was. He loved being with the warrior in the street more than any big shot that may have been on his meeting schedule. He loved what he did. He loved who if did it for. He loved who he did it with.

He was frenetic, exhausting, exhilarating and one of the funniest people I have ever known. He could make you cry with laugher as he barked out a self-deprecating story at the pace of machine gun fire. He could make you grab your camera and run to the streets to heed his call for citizen journalists.

After the Tea Party event in Nashville a few years ago, I noticed that my face hurt and I tried to figure out why. I realized it had been ages since I had smiled that much or laughed that hard. He was utterly and completely charming.

Despite the level of vitriol from the left, my frustration with my own movement, Andrew's powerful, consistent, smart and saucy voice made me feel less despondent. He was the warrior in the foxhole who put his head up, took enemy fire, and let the rest of us see what we are up against.

All morning I have wondered, how do you fill the hole he has left? What leader can step up to take his place? And I know. No one can. He is irreplaceable. One person alone can never fill the gaping hole he leaves behind. We don't need one Andrew Breitbart to carry on. We need thousands of Andrew Breitbarts. We need you to be Andrew Breitbart.

My heart is broken. But today, and going forward until my last breath, I am Andrew Breitbart.

Katie O'Malley

Red Square, thank you for that post as the quote had piqued my curiosity about her.

I personally have never regarded Andrew Breitbart—or anyone, for that matter—as a leader of conservatives. It infuriates me to hear the Left constantly refer to Rush Limbaugh as “the de facto head of the Republican Party.” That's their label. I certainly know of no conservative who's ever referred to him as such.

I'm reminded of this post which, having used my shovel to dig it up, saves me from having to write a new rant off the top of my head:

https://thepeoplescube.com/current-trut ... html#59001

IMVHO, there's a difference between being a "leader" and being a "voice" and the Left has the two confused, possibly because they can't wrap their minds around the latter. A leader tells you what to think. Contrary to the Left's belief, Rush doesn't tell his listeners what to think--he only says what THEY think. The Left can't stand the idea that so many multitudes might think as he does--that scares them more than one big mouthed individual--so they're trying to turn tables and pin the "leader" label on him. In their minds, a single leader is easier to take out than millions, and doing so will make the Left feel better if nothing else. But unfortunately for them and their confusion over the difference, silencing what's actually a voice will not necessarily silence all the millions of others as long as they want to be heard.

I notice neither Red Square nor Chairman Meow use "leader" in a singular form as it applies to conservatives. They use it as either plural or say "leaderless."

For what do conservatives prize more highly than individual liberty? The freedom to think for ourselves, make our own decisions, and be willing to take responsibility for those decisions, without some vapid, smooth-talking messiah to tell us what to do. The Left, on the other hand, has always been in search of a "One" who will tell them how they should feel (which is usually miserable) and what to think, and ply them with empty promises of leading them out of their imaginary bondage and solving all their problems for them.

I wonder if we don't need a Leader so much as we need more Voices. Lots of Voices. Loud Voices. The Left has been playing whack-a-mole with every great conservative voice that pops up (e.g. Palin and then Jindal--look at how they went after him based solely on his rebuttal to Obama's speech to Congress). They're putting more energy into playing conservative whack-a-mole then they are solving this country's problems--problems they created and blame on conservatives with the help of the MSM. Maybe what they need are more heads to whack--so many they can't keep up till it's game over.

Because like that RNC video that shows Obama making essentially the same speech, word-for-word, from one year to the next, Pinkie's own rhetoric hasn't changed much since 2009, either.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:... Pinkie's own rhetoric hasn't changed much since 2009, either.
But her follow-through after a solid shovel-whack has gotten as smooth as store-bought vodka!

Oh yes. The improvement is noticeable.

mi
Hasn't Andrew ever worn a beret too? I imagine, there is a certain segment of the market, who would wear any portrait on their clothing as long as it has a beard (check) and a beret...
Google search does bring up some interesting images, but not exactly, what I'm looking for...

That Breitbart Wall is amazing.
Shumer, not to be out done by the Breitbart Wall or the Berlin Wall, wants to create a new wall even more efficient to keep people from leaving the USSA. A horrible financial penalty to leaving the US. Citizens shall not be allowed to exploit the benevolent government that allows us to make a living and then leave the Utopia. If only a financial wall can be made to punish those who leave the Democrat Plantation.
https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/senators-to-unveil-the-ex-patriot-act-to-respond-to-facebooks-saverins-tax-scheme/ Reagan said, "Tear down this wall!"Shumer says, "Build back this wall!"