Decoding Republican Dog Whistles: A Tutorial

Example 1:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

How often did you see this while goofing off in the typewriter aisle while your mom shopped for a new girdle? That was a long time ago, wasn't it? Long before we had our first black president and affordable health care for all; when the ultimate destruction of the planet due to man-made global warming was still all of ten years away instead of only the current five. It almost makes you feel nostalgic for the Carter years, until you consider what it means if a Republican happens to say it or type it out.

Let us break it down and analyze it, and you will see not one, not two, but THREE dog-whistles!

Now is the time: Racist! The Republican is obviously referencing Obama's time in office.

For all good men: In other words, bad men need not apply. Republicans think all minorities are bad—and because Republicans are sexist as well as racist, they don't even bother to use the more gender-neutral term “people.” No, Republicans only recognize men, and rich white ones at that. Men are the only ones who matter.

To come to the aid of their country: In other words, to take back what Republicans believe is their country, and only their country, from anyone who doesn't look or think like they do.

Example 2:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

When Republicans use this phrase, rest assured they are not engaging in an old public school writing exercise that uses every letter of the alphabet—because they hate public schools, and they hate public school teachers and they hate public school teachers' unions, and they hate free school lunches and they hate the children who go to public schools.

No, instead the Republican is only stating what we already know—that Fox News is racist, and thinks it's superior in every way to the lazy dog, which is exactly what they think of Barack Obama! They think all he does is go on vacation and play golf—in other words, they think he's lazy—and he did say once that Republicans and their minions on Fox and right wing talk radio “talk about me like a dog.”

As for the word brown—a Republican will never use that word for any reason except to be racist. And Fox News, as stated above, is racist.

Now that you see how ridiculously easy it is to decode Republican dog whistles, try it for yourself. Take any common or popular phrase or saying and see how many coded hate words you can find when theoretically attributed to any Republican.

Don't worry that you might be accused of racism by a Republican. That's easily remedied. Just accuse them of taking your words out of context, and then ask why Mitt Romney won't release his tax returns. It shuts 'em up every time.

*Formerly known as Undocumented Americans. Doesn't “Aspiring” sound so much warmer and fuzzier? Try it yourself. Doesn't it make you sound as if you really care? And in turn, doesn't that make you feel good about yourself? And isn't that what being a prog is all about?

yadayada Is just that veil is now off the insults. And aspersions are blatant. Nothink new.
Take #1 on hit parade. "Trickle down doesn't work." Of course not. Trickle Down is an effect and result. People Work: if and when they want to. This begs questions, who People are and what they are, and definition of Work. Party of the People claims power to redefine things for the abuse of. Is so simple Comrades. Is not dog whistles. Is a semantic shock collar.

Another perfect example that's (very occasionally) mentioned in non-public-school history books:

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall!"

Uttered by possibly the most evil and corrupt American president of all time, Ronald >spit< Reagan, most people believed at the time that he was telling the Soviet Union's Glorious Leader to stop its beneficent aid and provision for an entire half of a foreign nation, known then as East Germany.

But, no.

Cleverly (he thought) disguised in this hateful rhetoric were a number of disgusting Rethugglikkkan dog whistles:

1) in the very first word, Reagan attempted to slight Comrade Gorbachev by calling him "Mr." - NOT "Comrade", NOT "President", but the lowly "Mr.".

2) "tear down", of course, referred directly to what the Rethugglikkkans have always done to the efforts of minorities, Aspiring Americans, kittens, and - now with Romney and Ryan - the elderly.

3) "this" - obviously a claim to own the Berlin wall - what business was it of Reagan's? Hmmm?? Rethugglikkkans think they own everything and this was a barely concealed threat that there would be OTHER walls following this one's tearing down.

4) "wall" - a snide reference to then only in the planning stages USSA southern border wall, much as if to say "OUR wall will be superior, so tear this one down!"

Commissarka, thank you for bringing up this topic. Especially in the weeks immediately before us, when the Rethugglikkkan controlled media will be filling the airwaves with lies and deception like never before, it's important that we be on the lookout for these dog whistles of hate!

What Republican fat cats do for fun in their spare time, which they have plenty...

Cat_dog_whistle.jpg

I wonder if Commissarka Pinkie is also moonlighting for urbandictionary.com that offers very similar definitions and examples of Republican dog whistles - plus it sells products with their refreshing and convincing quotes.
urbandictionary.com wrote:
Definition:

In the Republican Southern Strategy, terms, phrases, and actions that evoke racism to racists, while being plausibly deniable to the press and the wider public. Much of this code is inherited from the pro-slavery code of the antebellum South.

The name is a reference to high-pitched dog whistles that people cannot hear, but dogs can.

Example:
Dog Whistle Code became an essential part of the Republican Southern Strategy after overt racism became unacceptable.

Barry Goldwater's Libertarianism was Dog Whistle Code for segregation at the 1964 Republican Convention.

Ronald Reagan's first Presidential campaign appearance was itself Dog Whistle Code, taking place in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the scene of the murder of three civil rights workers.

States' Rights

Originally, Dog Whistle Code for the right to keep slaves, then the right to maintain Jim Crow segregation laws, now the right to oppress any disfavored minorities, women, immigrants, GLBTs and the rest of the riffraff

Deficits don't matter (Ronald Reagan)

Because they hurt Blacks worse than Whites (Lee Atwater, explaining the Southern Strategy and Dog Whistle Code)

Dog_Whistle_Products_Urbandictionary.jpg
This solves at least one problem: I know what gifts to equally distribute at the Party Headquarters this coming Kwanzaa.

No more drinking beet vodka from the bottle while grimly staring into the wall during the office hours! We will now be able to drink beet vodka from these elegant mugs while being educated and entertained at the same time!

"The Constitution, which at any time exists, 'till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole People, is sacredly obligatory upon all."

George Washington
September 19, 1796

Comrades; Could there be a more vicious statement by an old, dead, white guy ranting about his delusions of religious significance that he insists are attached to an antiquated scribbling that was forcibly inflicted upon innocent workers and the original native inhabitants??

The explicit reference to sacred obligations is an obvious raw attempt to cast some forbidden evil Masonic spell on a mouldering old piece of parchment that long ago lost all meaning if it ever had any in the first place.

Shocking!

I'm here to help Pinkie. I keep hearing "Voter Fraud! Voter Fraud!". Now as all good comrades know....IT. IS. A. Myth. ....yet they keep on disenfranchising the hardest hit, you guessed it!...The Party™...The poor, the elderly, the women, the people of color, and most of all For The Children™....what? ....wait a MINUTE. I just received a memo stating that CHILDREN cannot VOTE! Another RethugliKKKan ploy and dirty trick. The Children™ are the most vulnerable of all and now they've been disenfranchised too?

I'm speechless. Hopefully the Dead™ will still be able to vote. What's next? Who's next? IS THERE no END to their mendacity?

Well this explains a lot! I never realized y'all couldn't hear what the pod heard. Of course, like dogs, dolphins have hearing capabilities that aren't available to humans, not to mention echolocation... I've often been surprised when fellow Cube members haven't been up in arms (and legs/paws/flippers) at some of the most hateful specieist statements made by the ever-repressive paternalistic Rethuglicans... Now it all becomes clear... You simply didn't hear them!

Thank you Sister Commissarka Pinkie, for pointing out this flaw in my basic assumptions. From now on, if I find myself or the rest of the Housekeeping pod gobsmacked by some hateful Rethuglican statement that no one else seems to take notice of, I'll make sure everyone actually heard it, and not simply assume I was hallucinating!

It's so simple! (I feel like the Hansel character in Zoolander, realizing the files are in the computer)...

hanselsosimple01.gif

I should have figured it out before.

Sister Massively Opiated... (I've included Red's 'favourite' picture of me... for some reason, my teeth freak him out...)
sistersmiles04.gif

Laika the Space Dog wrote:I'm speechless. Hopefully the Dead™ will still be able to vote. What's next? Who's next? IS THERE no END to their mendacity?

Comrade Hero Dog Laika,

Have no fear on that count. You need not howl in anxiety. I may be often absent due to reasons beyond my control, but I have not let my responsibilities as Official Party Necroproxy Preservationista slide. The cured, pickled and freeze-dried stiffs re-enfranchised are all spiffed up and well-coiffed, dressed, registered, programmed, and only await their transport to the polls before we put them back into storage for another two years... I've even upgraded the rodent and pest control safe-guards after I found a couple with a bit of gnawing on their extremities (which is easily hidden with shoes), only to find out that it was as a result of Dr. P having conducted some MK-Ultra type mescaline experimentation on Meow and then carelessly letting him get loose (you know how the Chairman has always gravitated toward the necroproxies... a result of his craving companionship, having alienated almost everyone else within the Party)... and so I also changed all the security codes on the N-P storage lockers... We are prepared. The Dead WILL vote. You may paw at your bed, turn around three times, and lay down to relax for a little nap in the certainty that we will have the necessary numbers.

Can I get you a cookie?
Sis

Ahhh, I've been wondering where Meow had gotten himself off to - nibbling on the dead, eh?

As bad as it sounds, it is frankly, much better than when he was nibbling on the living...

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
...What is that you said Komrade Teacher???

I must apologise... I was distracted by a very loud shrill-ish sound...

I swam into an old friend yesterday and informed him of this very vital tutorial of Comrade Sister Commissarka Pinkie's... He is often 'beaten' to the computer in the morning by the cats with which he lives and therefore does not get as much time online as he would like. Nevertheless, I brought him up-to-date and captured this image of him while having a quick video chat this morning before his feline co-habitators kicked him off of the computer so they could get back to their vital ongoing MMPORG session of Guild Wars: Nightfall...

MAD DOG 2.gif

... as you can see, he is not amused, and is going to agitate for his own laptop...

I heard recently that they had contacted the ghost of Romney's doggie, Seamus. He is quoted as saying, "I'd rather be on the roof of Romney's car, than on the roof of the Kenyan's mouth."

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:As bad as it sounds, it is frankly, much better than when he was nibbling on the living...
Good point my dear lady. Good point.

Dear Commissarka- the people thank you for your most equal work in assembling this tutorial. Perhaps Comrade Soledad (or Comrade Maddog) will have a printout handy for the next political propaganda interview.

But I see how thin you have become, pictured next to your chalk board and have to wonder- are you still in good health? Or was the beet harvest that bad last year??

Thank you, Turboski, for your kind words and compliments. I resolved to lose weight after Red Square published this picture of me:

https://thepeoplescube.com/current-trut ... tml#101661

The occasion was Obama's birthday, and I had the honor of jumping out of the cake. When Chairman Meow found out he didn't have an invitation, I suggested he crash the party disguised as one of the Chippendales come to entertain Dear Leader. Unfortunately, his cover was blown after he sucked helium from one of the birthday balloons and started crooning about how he still wanted a hula hoop.

But all was not lost. He came back later that evening masquerading as The Mime™ .

Getting back to yours progressively, I was so horrified and embarrassed by that picture that Red Square had put out for all the world to see, and so furious with him, that I resolved to lose weight. I accomplished this through the gratifying exercise of beating Red Square's Whacking Boy with my shovel for at least an hour each day.

Commissarka- oh my! Bursting forth from Dear Leader's cake, you were indeed the exemplary good sturdy Russian woman!! A Venus de beet fields, but still with strong arms and shovel-ready grip. Massive back and strong thighs for laboring long hours in the fields. And bountiful bosom, for when the family return from the fields later. Outstanding, worthy of highest Party promotion! We must examine this historic cake photo much closer..

It is troubling though- the hijab is appropriate, but so much wonderful beet stained skin on display for Dear Leader!? What of Dear Leader's muslim faith?? This is conflicting; perhaps a photoshopped burkini would have been more appropriate, for the public photos at least.

But now, seeing how far you have slipped form the ideal physical form I am saddened. And fearing for your health dear Commissarka. And not understanding the comments indicating altered opinion of self image lately- this new skin and bones look is somehow perceived as attractive to the proletariat?? Can this be adjusted at Jifi-Lobo?

MADONNA ENDORSES: 'Tonight I'm not going to show my ass'...
Madonna wrote:"Tonight I'm not going to show my ass," she said, according to US media."I'm going to show my feelings. How's that for living dangerously?"

And yet an ass is what she is showing. Is Madonna a Rethuglican? Could this be her perverted racist way of rebuking Obama via some obscure dog whistle?

We can now add incompetence to the list of dog-whistling code words.

The credit goes to the experienced dog-whistle researcher Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.), who painstakingly identified all the racist and sexist code words in the criticism of Susan Rice's "incompetent" handling of Benghazi.

From now on, if you hear a class enemy label someone on the Prog side as "incompetent," check if that someone is black, a womyn, or another minority - racial, sexual, ethnic, religious, etc. If any of those match, you've successfully identified HATE SPEECH. You can now become a celebrated people's hero by exposing the hate-filled dog whistles and code words.

Clyburn_Race_Baiter.jpg

Esteemed Leader Red Square,

What if it's a white liberal honkie/cracker that's called "incompetent" like our dear MTE? Do we all nod in tacit agreement?

Our Many Titted Empress is a womyn. Calling her "incompetent" makes one a sexist.

On the other hand, you can call Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann anything you want with impunity because they are the Uncle Toms of womynhood.

Similarly, you can call gay conservatives anything you want with impunity because they are the Uncle Toms of gayhood.

And, of course, black conservatives can be called all kind of names liberally, because they are the Uncle Toms of the hood.