A Symbol of Change: Obama-Painted US Coins Scam

A better symbol for Obama's CHANGE couldn't be made up:

Portlander finds 'Obama coins' not all that mint

Jerome Polk was so impressed with the special edition Obama coins he saw television star Montel Williams hawking in an infomercial, he ordered six sets for himself and some of his grandkids.

Instead of coins engraved with Obama's face, as Polk athought he'd orderedt $18 a pop, the Northeast Portland retailer received four actual U.S. coins -- a silver dollar, half dollar and two quarters -- featuring painted-on Obama images.

"This isn't an Obama coin, it's a 50-cent piece with a picture glued on," says Polk, who paid the U.S Coin Network $145.78 for five four-coin and one three-coin sets, including $25.98 in shipping.
MORE ...

And a link to the video >>

Perhaps we should write a parody with an area man complaining about buying an Obama-painted bridge that turned out to be the Brooklyn Bridge with Obama graffiti on it. Isn't it precisely what the stimulus package is buying us anyway?

That's CHANGE that even an ultra-Progressive of the PPC of Oregon could believe in!! I'm just waiting for my 30' bronze statue... Though it's a truly effective demonstration of how the redistribution of 150+ CEUs can work.

-OV

Is that ungrateful prole unhappy about receiving a coin with Chairman O's face taped on it? I would love to have such a thing to go with all my other images and items featuring his Oliness.

A scam eh? Well, it fits, seeing as how he scammed his way into the White House.

Silly Capitalists. Running their own picture framing business... *scoff* And that coin company! Trying to put a price on the glory of The One! Looks like there are some new Kulaks in the house that need to be dealt with.

Who is the Obamissar of Liquidation around this Collective?

-OV

The Cube should sell wooden Obama nickels.

http://www.atlaspen.com/static/products ... item=8195B

Homeless man: Got any change?

Me: I SURE DO, FRIEND! Here ya go!

Homeless man: The hell you call this sh*t!?

Me: Change you can believe in!

Homeless man: This isn't real change!

Me: I know! You have to believe in it and it will become a real nickel!

Homeless man: I hate my life. I should kill you and take your wallet.

Me: Believe! BELIEVE!

This Man wanted Change this is exactly what he got. He can use these coins as part of the purchase price of the new and improved Obamessiah "Chia Pet®" or perhaps he could find some hapless stooge, convince this individual that these are "Priceless relics" (Just like they did to him) and turn a profit. In any event, this person should stick with framing pictures, investing in collectible items is obviously not his "Thing".

Commissar Red Star CEO Hemlock Hospitality INC
Director of Kicking Doors at Midnight
Keeper of the sacred Plasma Cutter
Herdsman of Rainbow Farting Unicorns
Keeper of the Faith

The Coin Network's CYA verb highlighted:

The Coin Network's certificate assures, "This is to certify and authenticate that the coins [HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]used[/HIGHLIGHT] in the Barack Obama Inaugural Collection are genuine and made by the United States Mint."

Pinkie's Principles on Parts of Speech: Always be suspicious of extra verbs. More verbs = more bullshit.

And Grandpa Polk shelled out almost $150 for this crap, when his grandkids were probably hoping for a Wii or PS3. These are the same people who voted for Obama because they're poor and they're suffering and they think he's going to pay for their mortgage and gas, so they can spend their money on the things that really matter to families, like Obama Inaugural Pogs and the Amazing Sea Monkeys.

I'm holding out for the commemorative plate set.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:They got 'em, Jim, along with the cheesy choo-train.

http://www.barackobamacollectables.com
Pinkie, thank you I'm getting them all, even the bobble head doll! I'm soo excited!

All those CEUs could be better spent on taxes- except for Party, of course.

-OV

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:like Obama Inaugural Pogs and the Amazing Sea Monkeys.

Remember A.L.F.? He's back... in POG form.

These, however, are the POGs We've been WAITING FOR!

-OV

Simpsons fan, eh, OV? That's one wild link. A Christmas tree made up of Obama pogs?

And while I understand people who wear buttons with pictures of deceased loved ones on certain occasions, why in the name of all that is 'Oly would any sane, self-respecting person want to wear a pink-framed "badge" sporting Barack and Michelle's wedding portrait?

Oh, never mind. I think the answer is in the question.

I'm about to start production of the Obama Commemorative People's Rifle(TM). The words "Hope" and "Change" will be engraved on the concrete filled barrel. The rubber bayonet will be formed in the image of Obama (also doubles as a People's Stimulation Device(TM) ) Carved into one side of the stock will be the date of Obama's Election, and on the other side, the date of the Inauguration.

The entire People's Rifle will be painted Red, White, and Blue, and have a special serial number 44-001 through 44-999,999,999 This is a special limited edition run. All proles are encouraged to buy several as they are sure to become rare and increase in value over the next 1,000 years of Chope.

Pinkie wrote:Pinkie's Principles on Parts of Speech: Always be suspicious of extra verbs. More verbs = more bullshit.
I tend to look for truth in prepositions. They convey the relationship between the other words and someone who is exact in his speech will choose his prepositions well.

My favorite weasel phrase though is, "....is designed to..." The, ahem, pecker pills are designed to make stupid men think that they'll be studs by popping a pill. One of them is good for women too.

The logical extension: "The Democratic Stimulus plan is designed to heal the world's economy, cure cancer, stop world hunger, remove the cellulite from the ass of Our Many Titted Empress's ass. Teach Diane Feinstein not to give away intelligence, make Harry Reid honest, sober up the Kennedys, and make rainbow-farting unicorns."

That it does none of these things is okay because it was merely <i>designed</i> to do them.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: Pinkie's Principles on Parts of Speech: Always be suspicious of extra verbs. More verbs = more bullshit.

Modern progressive edukayshun does not teach these kinds of things anymore. It's unlikely anyone under 30 can tell the difference between a verb and a fifty-cent piece with Obama's face painted on it (BTW, isn't it illegal to deface US coins and currency? Or did Obama declare an exception to the law when his face is used to deface something?) Anyway, this is not to insult any under-30 readers, you weren't the ones who decided that teaching the parts of speech was "irrelevant". But, you gotta wonder if inadequate bullshit detection skills courtesy of the publik edukayshun system and a 2-to-1 majority of under-30 voters for Obama are somehow connected.

Opiate, it is repressive to hold people accountable for hard knowledge because it makes some students less equal than others. Hence "Learning in Progress," instead of "Wrong."

Also teachers needn't learn things if things are not taught. Meow told me privately that students are no longer taught math but put in front of computers.

A bullshit detector requires experience and knowledge, and a breadth of knowledge that is more than a simple taste. A holy grail of science fiction is a computer which can think like a human. Computers are infinitely faster in thinking, in the ways that they think, than we are, but they haven't the knowledge of events, strung together with cause and effect, that we do and so have no wisdom whatsoever.

Commissar Theocritus wrote: I tend to look for truth in prepositions. They convey the relationship between the other words and someone who is exact in his speech will choose his prepositions well.

I agree wholeheartedly about the prepositions; word placement/usage is also important. "The Barack Obama Inaugural Coin Collection is genuine and made by the U.S. Mint" has an entirely different meaning than what's actually written in their so-called certification, which in truth assures the buyer nothing except he or she has been had.

My favorite weasel phrase though is, "....is designed to..." The, ahem, pecker pills are designed to make stupid men think that they'll be studs by popping a pill. One of them is good for women too.

Indeed, what it's designed to do and what it ultimately does are likewise two different things. I'm reminded of a scene from the movie Apollo 13, where one person says the LEM isn't designed to do certain things, and the other person says to forget about what it's designed to do; concentrate instead on what it can do.

Opiate: Remember, this was a grandfather who got suckered, so it's not so much under-30 people as it is sheeple too starry-eyed by Obama to realize they're being suckered.

Also, just this morning I was at the pharmacy to get the child's meds refilled. While waiting I wandered the aisles, and found the very same Obama Victory Plate in the above link for sale alongside all the "As Seen On TV" junk. They had 10 of them, each in its own box.

Notice in the link it says "Order Now" and you'll get a free display stand to go with it. Well, the free display stand is included in the box. According to the back of the box, this "priceless family treasure" will only be made for 65 days and then the die will be destroyed forever. OMG, you'll never ever be able to buy one again after that!

And they are Made in China. Beware of lead.

How ironic that all of this is free enterprise in action (albeit the dark side of it)--the very thing the Left rails against and wants to declare dead.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: Opiate: Remember, this was a grandfather who got suckered, so it's not so much under-30 people as it is sheeple too starry-eyed by Obama to realize they're being suckered.

Y, I know it was an older person who got scammed, I was speaking to your helpful maxim that the amount of bullshit in a sentence is directly proportional to the number of verbs; specifically, it's only useful if one can identify a verb outside of a police lineup, an ability which I believe decreases from higher to lower age group due to cultural factors. My wife, who teaches high school, bears me out on this; she suggests that if you ask today's students what the parts of speech are, you're likely to get answers along the line of "lips, tongue, teeth, etc."

But to take your point about the abused Obama-challenged grandfather, I can only contribute my own helpful maxim that age does not necessarily confer wisdom, it only makes wisdom more probable.

Back to the coins, I heard a story years ago about an ad hawking a "miniature circular relief bust of Lincoln" for a dollar. Thousands of people sent their money in and got back in return.... A PENNY! According to the story I heard, the scamster was sued but the court ruled in his favor, the logic being that he delivered exactly what he had advertised. The story is at least 30 yrs old so it would be ironic if this fellow bought one of those, too.

I have a nice print of a photorealistic painting of Saturn--which is labeled 2/85. Some years later I saw 354/975 in the same mall.

Then there is the disconnection--would it be a zeugma?--"Of America's best-tasting gums, Trident is sugarless."

Or the biggest lie of all: "Change we can believe in." WTF?

But my personal pet peeve is the commandeering of essential words: "quality" now means "of high quality." It ought to mean merely an attribute of something's essential worth.

The worst is "judgmental." People without judgement would as soon eat a turd as foie gras. Or vote for one.

Same with "discrimination." People without discrimination would just soon drink cyanide as Kendall Jackson.

A DJ asked people to send him $15, with no promises. They did and wondered what they'd get. They got nothing and he was exonerated, for he had promised nothing.

Then Tony Robbins, the real-estate get-rich fraud, who declared bankruptcy. People who are told to get credit cards, borrow as much as possible, buy a house and flip it, doubling their money. I talked until I was blue in the face to someone I knew saying that although the financing was possible,although hugely stupid, it meant that he <i>had to have a house found for way under market value</i>.

I know a good handyman who is building a home for his family north of Pecos, without utilities, including water. Utterly dependable, decent, and cannot think that far ahead.

But the funniest of course are still the pecker pills. Look at the men and women used to advertise them--you can judge how carefully the hucksters judged the intelligence of their target audience.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:I have a nice print of a photorealistic painting of Saturn--which is labeled 2/85. Some years later I saw 354/975 in the same mall.

Then there is the disconnection--would it be a zeugma?--"Of America's best-tasting gums, Trident is sugarless."

Or the biggest lie of all: "Change we can believe in." WTF?

But my personal pet peeve is the commandeering of essential words: "quality" now means "of high quality." It ought to mean merely an attribute of something's essential worth.

The worst is "judgmental." People without judgement would as soon eat a turd as foie gras. Or vote for one.

Same with "discrimination." People without discrimination would just soon drink cyanide as Kendall Jackson.

I love "open minded" as when people say "we have to be open minded about ideas and not be bound by the failures of the past" or some such nonsense. So, if I suggest to this person that he should stick his hand into an operating wood chipper, is he going to be "open minded" about my suggestion and try it out for himself or is he going to be bound by the poor results of people who have done this very thing in the past and decline?

Then there's "critical": I once had a friend whose cholesterol was on the high side and he decided to try out a diet (Atkins, I think) that suggested he could lower it by eating cheese, bacon, hamburgers, etc. I pointed out to him that the current medical knowledge suggested this would not work for the simple reason that science's best guest was the saturated fat in these foods were shown to raise cholesterol levels rather than lower them. His reply to me was to ask "Do you always have to be so critical?" I had to try to explain the difference between criticism and critical thinking but it didn't work; he tried the diet and gave it up shortly after his cholesterol level hit the moon.

I had not heard of a "zeugma" (I have to admit, I learn a lot of new words from you.) I have to say I think I understand what Trident is trying to suggest but their construction is a bit "zeugmatic" (probably not a word but makes the point.) Perhaps because if they were more rigorous, the result would not be very impressive. For example, if a survey suggested that Trident was #25 in the 25 tastiest gums in America and Trident was the ONLY sugarless gum in that group, it would be clear what their claim was. But, who would care? They're the 25th best tasting gum in the survey so people might be inclined to risk a little sugar in order to chew something that doesn't taste like an old bath mat. The lower down they rank in the "tastiness" category, the less the value of the "sugarlessness" to the consumer. So the best idea here would be to obfuscate the former in hopes the casual observer would assume it was ranked much higher up. This may be the secret to advertising; if a product doesn't have a certain quality, pretend it doesn't matter and the one the product does have matter more. This certainly worked for Obama.

Indeed. Nothing in modern history has been more smoke and mirrors, and happy-clappy feeling, than the Obama campaign. And just plain cheesy boosterism: "We are the ones we have been waiting for."

To which I want to reply, "Now that you've come, clean it up."

The other day a man called to tell me I had the right to know about a lower electric rate. Duh. I wouldn't give him my email and he refused to use "snail" mail--because fraud in the post is a felony.

Many commercials tell you, "If your credit-card debt is over $10K, you have a right to settle your debt and satisfy your creditors." Duh. Pay the frigging things off.

Now sales pitches are couched in terms of your rights, the most quotidian of rights, rights that no one has contested, so that squinty-eyed cheese-paring resentful layabouts might be twigged into thinking that if they didn't take advantage of this charlatan's offer they might be somehow disenfranchised.

To go from Jim Crow to playing on fools with the vocabulary of human rights. Shameless.

Commissar Theocritus wrote: The other day a man called to tell me I had the right to know about a lower electric rate. Duh. I wouldn't give him my email and he refused to use "snail" mail--because fraud in the post is a felony.

I no longer have to deal with this type of idiot since I got caller-id years ago. Any phone nbr I don't recognize gets passed off to the answering machine. Of course, these people don't leave messages so there is no chance they'll ever talk to me. It's interesting to see how persistent some are; the cable company's sales office has been calling here for a couple of years now at least. They try calling at different times, from 8AM to 9PM and every hour in between. I wonder if they are that stupid to not realize we have caller-id and are just ignoring their calls or if they really think we go out a lot. I guess the former is possible; a few years ago, I had a state tax auditor call me from the office of one of the companies I do consulting for. During the conversation, I said to him "You're calling from DTI's office right now"; he was startled and asked, "How did you know that?" I said "I have caller-id". It's not like the feature was new or anything, but it never occurred to him. Caller-id and anti-lock brakes are two of the most underrated inventions produced in the last quarter century.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Hence "Learning in Progress," instead of "Wrong."

Speaking of vocabulary inequities....

I know you're a Big Mighty "real" Commissar and everything, but did you put Progress and Wrong in the same sentence???

Vodkavich, since this is in camera, I'll let my hair down and tell you that the reason I'm big might commissar and all is that I say I am. Where do you think His O'liness got it from? I mean. Look at his freaking resumé! I've seen bigger pedigrees at the Westminster Dog Show.

The moron salesman was at work and got past my secretaries, which is doing pretty good. The problem with my business is that caller ID isn't much good. But at home I have it, and Dish throws the number up on the screen. And Panasonic makes some killer phones which SPEAK the name of the person calling you. The handset has a speaker phone, as does the base, and all the linked handsets have speaker phones, and they all speak in a pleasant voice the name of the person calling you.

Touche, Commissar Theo- but take a moment to consider my strategy:

By labeling myself as a mere Obamissar, I capitalize on the Cult of Personality that surrounds The One. Realizing that, like any Great Dictator, his rein will be limited, I let myself get steamrolled by the accusations of other, more established Commissars who feel the control of The Party is due to them. This casts me as one of the downtrodden. Towards the end of the Age of Obama, apologist leaders legislate full rights for all Obamissars in the quest for equality. Afterall, why would a Progressive like me WORK or REACH OUT for something. Saying I am something is a lot of effort, and not very Progressive at all. Better for others to feel sorry for me, feel bad about themselves, and hand it to me. Affirmative Action for Obamissars!!

Your strategy worked for you; we'll see how mine works for me. It's only a matter of time before we all take our turn against the wall anyway. And all that talk about the Westminster Dog Show has got me turned on!!

-OV

Yes, his reign will definitely be limited. One day he'll be a non-person. Unless of course by dint of the huddled masses' 24/7 praying and exulting he is somehow the product of transubstantiation.

The skies are rent and the face of Karl Marx appears: "This is my beloved son. My other sons, Stalin and Mao, managed to murder hundreds of millions but the Obamessiah rose to power in the computer age, when we can stick wires into your brain!"

Comrades!

Also shows loyalty to own commemorative GreenShirt
"Civilian Suppression Brigade" Statue. Green Shirt is
stylish in Black Jack Boots, Leather Trousers, Green
Blouse, "The One" Arm Band, holding Soviet Star.
Ensemble completed with Chairman's Cap.
Cast from 87% recycled materials. AK-47 option not shown.

Show loyalty today for mere 530,725 Carbon Credits.

[quote="niHil"]
Comrades!

Also shows loyalty to own commemorative GreenShirt
"Civilian Suppression Brigade" Statue. Green Shirt is
stylish in Black Jack Boots, Leather Trousers, Green
Blouse, "The One" Arm Band, holding Soviet Star.
Ensemble completed with Chairman's Cap.
Cast from 87% recycled materials. AK-47 option not shown.

Show loyalty today for mere 530,725 Carbon Credits.

Comrade NiHil, I suspect your green shirt would carry a People's Rifle(TM) unless they are a GroupLeader, then they _might_ carry a functioning People's Motivational Tool.