American Comrades - Are You Ready for Annexation?

GloriousComradePutin.jpg
My dear fellow travelers, we stand today at an important place in the beet field of history - while most of us here on The Cube are "Americans", we are more equally aware than our less equal non-cubing comrades of how far we have come and how incredibly close glorious Next Tuesday™ truly is!

Our very own People's Director has done his part for the Party, so to speak, in introducing us all to what will soon be worldwide Current Truth™ in Art. While the ignorant teabaggers may call it "propaganda", we know it for what it really is - Current Truth™ - and we should be grateful that Comrade Red Square has shared both his experience and his vision with us here on The Cube!

Just this afternoon I was reading about the glorious reform which is now sweeping the Motherland, courtesy of Comrade Vladimir Putin; I wept with joy, comrades, as I saw with my own eyes the similarities between what we commonly practice here on a daily basis on The Cube and what will soon be reality throughout the world.

A truly glorious time to be alive, comrades!

FORWARD!!!

Comrade,

Are you sure this story is about Russia? This paragraph is, well... something I think I saw in a local paper recently:

But when the mild-mannered 60-year-old tried to discuss Russia's annexation of Crimea in class, things almost got out of hand. “My students swore at me and said I wasn't telling the truth,” he says. “Then they said I didn't love Russia America or the Russian American people, and told me to leave the country.”

"Let it be clearly understood that the Russian is a delightful person till he tucks in his shirt. As an Oriental he is charming. It is only when he insists upon being treated as the most easterly of western peoples instead of the most westerly of easterns that he becomes a racial anomaly extremely difficult to handle. The host never knows which side of his nature is going to turn up next."

Rudyard Kipling, "The Man who Was", from Life's Handicap (1891)

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/k/kipling/rudyard/lifes/chapter18.html

Comrade Terman, I would be remiss if I did not point out that Comrade Rudyard Kipling also said that "A woman is just a woman... but a good cigar is a smoke."

And who makes the best cigars? The communist Cubans, that's who.

I rest my case.

I think the next step for Putin should be to re-aquire Alaska. Dear Leader certainly won't oppose the redistribution of American wealth and it would have the added advantage of forcing Sarah Palin to be correct, for once in her entirely errant life - she really would be able to see Russia from her house.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Comrade Terman, I would be remiss if I did not point out that Comrade Rudyard Kipling also said that "A woman is just a woman... but a good cigar is a smoke."

I rest my case.
I wonder where Mr. Kipling stood on equal pay for woman?

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Comrade Terman, I would be remiss if I did not point out that Comrade Rudyard Kipling also said that "A woman is just a woman... but a good cigar is a smoke."

I rest my case.

But Comrade Rock, Brother Kipling also said:

=================

Whether the State can loose and bind
In Heaven as well as on Earth:
If it be wiser to kill mankind
Before or after the birth--

These are matters of high concern
Where State-kept schoolmen are;
But Holy State (we have lived to learn)
Endeth in Holy War.

Whether The People be led by the Lord,
Or lured by the loudest throat:
If it be quicker to die by the sword
Or cheaper to die by vote--

These are the things we have dealt with once,
(And they will not rise from their grave)
For Holy People, however it runs,
Endeth in wholly Slave.

Whatsoever, for any cause,
Seeketh to take or give,
Power above or beyond the Laws,
Suffer it not to live!

Holy State or Holy King--
Or Holy People's Will--
Have no truck with the senseless thing.
Order the guns and kill!

Saying--after--me:--

Once there was The People--Terror gave it birth;
Once there was The People and it made a Hell of Earth.
Earth arose and crushed it. Listen, O ye slain!
Once there was The People--it shall never be again!

=================

(I think Brother Kipling would probably not approve of Dear Leader.)

President Obama courageously sends aid to Ukraine.
ukraine aid.jpg

With all due respect to Comrade Gospodin ThePeoplesComrade, I believe that this Administration's actual response to the annexation of Crimea might well be somewhat less all-encompassing ...

ThunRet.jpg