'American Taliban' University Replacing Gender Studies

[img]/images/Feminist_Washington_Tshirt.jpg[/img]

Comrades of all genders, races, species, colors, sizes, dispositions, intellects, ages, and locomotive arrangements including octapeds, heptopeds, hexapeds, pentapeds, quadrupeds, tripeds, bipeds, and monopeds(*) - ATTENTION!
(*) This category to include all snake-like undulates - No Teabaggers please!

University of South Carolina Upstate (USC Upstate) will shutter the Center for Women's and Gender Studies this summer. <gasp> Unbelievably, the funding initially cut by the legislature will go towards teaching America's founding documents. <double gasp>

Angry USCU Studentls Protest Teabagger Rebellion: The Center for Women's and Gender Studies (CWGS) at the University of South Carolina Upstate (USCU) will close on July 1 and the funding, previously allocated for CWGS, will be used to teach the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Federalist Papers.

USCU Chancellor Tom Moore said the closing of the center is unrelated to the controversy over the symposium that at one-time was to include the play How to Be a Lesbian in 10 Days or Less. The play was canceled after an outcry, though the symposium continued as scheduled.

USCU Chancellor Tom Moore said the closing of the center is unrelated to the controversy over the symposium that at one-time was to include the play How to Be a Lesbian in 10 Days or Less. The play was canceled after an outcry, though the symposium continued as scheduled.
A petition objecting to the funding cuts drew these comments:

Kurtal Pretzlemeier - LOUISVILLE, KY (Professor of Disruptive Studies)
"That is un-American and recalls not only the McCarthy blacklist era but also the totalitarian
regimes of the Cold War. They have come first for USC Upstate. I cannot say nothing."

Pamquinta Jepnirgt - BELLVUE, CO (Sentence Fragment Studies)
Because many things will no longer feel welcome or accepted at USC Upstate if the Center for Women's and Gender Studies is not reinstated.

Kennennene Mwikzzyaot - NAIROBI, KENYA (Odd People's Exchange Program)
The fight against sexism, homophobia and racism means that we have to keep vigilant against. the political elite who are always out to destroy everything that is not to their selfish interests. Closing down the CWGS will be a crippling blow to people who, without it, never belonged to the larger USC community!

KKKwame Homieys - CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (Out Patient Release Studies Group)
Without the ongoing work of women's and gender studies departments there's no question my place in the academy would be less secure.

USC-Protest.jpg

Gertrude Beer-Stein - University of Notherethere, Oakland, CA (Professor of Vagina Monologue Studies)

My vagina is delivering a monologue about this right now... "The patriarchy's attempt to flush the Center for Womyn's and Gender Studies down the tubes is another example of how desperate they are to stifle and cover up voices that already struggle to be heard."

Haywood Jablowme- South Hampton Institute of Technology ( Interpretive Gender Absolution Studies )

Once again this gives the moral high ground to the entire Christian Right so that they can oppose bestiality, same sex marriage, transgendered prostitution, homosexuality, drug use, and all those basic human rights that we as progressives have fought so hard for. I think that tonight in am effort to show my solidarity with all my brothers and sisters, I intend to prance around and create a hissy fit until some group of Democrat leaders are completely willing to stand up against this hateful bigotry…..first the shuttering of the Center for Wymen's and Gender Studies, and what's next funding cuts that will ultimately create thousands of destitute homosexuals, just horrible.

What color ribbon do we wear to show our solidarity with the cause?

Terrible news indeed. Without peoples with advanced degrees in Women's and Gender Studies who will fill all of the shovel ready jobs waiting for such peoples if when they leave the hallowed halls of academia to pursue their vocations in the real world the private sector government? A pen, a phone and a #hashtag are in order here.

The Constitution starts off so promising too: "We the people -" but then takes a nosedive into absurdity, neglecting to mention collectivization, wealth redistribution, or committees to explain to "the people" how to live in a korrect komunist manner. Instead there is all kinds of useless drivel about separation of power and other nonsense.

Comrades, we know where the power lies!

This is terrible. More of the Evil Rethiglikkkans "War on Wymyn". This is proof that the ReThugliKKKans are pro-rape and pro-capitalism! For capitalism is the economic rape of wymyn, minorities, and other constituencies of the unwashed masses! What's next? Will the wymyn who teach there have to .... *gasp* .... seek employment in the "sexual harassment torture and rape culture" of .... *shudder* .... PRVATE ENTERPRISE???? Oh my Lenin!!!

Zampolit Blokhayev wrote:This is terrible. More of the Evil Rethiglikkkans "War on Wymyn". This is proof that the ReThugliKKKans are pro-rape and pro-capitalism! For capitalism is the economic rape of wymyn, minorities, and other constituencies of the unwashed masses! What's next? [highlight=#FFFF99]Will the wymyn who teach there have to .... *gasp* .... seek employment in the "sexual harassment torture and rape culture" of .... *shudder* .... PRVATE ENTERPRISE????[/highlight] Oh my Lenin!!!

Comrade Blokhayev,

I'm fairly certain this will NOT be possible since the "wymyn" in question have no marketable skills.

*Thanks to TPC Visual Agitation Dept. for the glorious lead image!

DISGRACEFUL!!!
An absolute travesty to the spirit of the Revolution toward the Glorious World of Next Tuesday™. This "country" as founded has always been the great scourge on the face of the earth and this move by those hicks at USC is detrimental to the cause of SOCIAL JUSTICE, EQUALITY, AND TOLERANCE FOR EVERYONE (except straight white male Christians or any combination of the preceding).

Image GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Let this be the start of a trend.

Constance Lee Yelling - Unamerican University, Washington DC (Facilitator of Anger Mismanagement Techniques)

DAMMIT! F**K THESE FATHER-F**KING HYPOCRITICAL SEXIST B*ST*RDS DIRTY ROTTEN C*CK-S*CKING PATRIARCHICAL F*CKS! THEY EAT SH*T FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER! BUSH! It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT! (etc, etc)

Moira Confusyun - Overpriced College, Moonbeam, California (Chairperson, Dept of Non-Sequitur Studies)

A university without a womyn's and gender studies department is like a bicycle pedalling a fish.