Anyone listen to Michael Savage?

I've been listening to Savage on and off over the past couple of years. His "banned in Britian" saga has been facinating.

What makes him more interesting to me is that he seems to operate outside of cliques and classification. He's not part of the Prager, Medved, Gallagher crowd or the Hannity, Ingham, FOX collective. He doesn't fall under the influence of Rush Limbaugh.

He's made some comments about so called conservatives not coming to his defense over the British banning him from entry into their nation. In doing so he's made some attention-grabbing comments on the media including Fox News.

Savage loathes Shepherd Smith and has pointed out some instances where Shep at best comes off as a conservative poser with a leftist agenda. He also warned several weeks ago that FOX would slowly but surely pull a U-Turn in the health care debate. Paraphrasing here but that it would all be orchestrated by political maneuvering at the highest levels of these media conglomerates / mega corporations as the government positions itself to be the savior of all, including their struggling industries.

I thought he had made some good observations. I've been paying closer attention to FOX these past weeks and low and behold their online headline this afternoon is:

DENIED: Health Insurer Refuses to Cover Obese 4-Month Old

And this is news why? Headline news? Just thought I'd throw this out there for you to chew on.

Fox News EVIL INSURER

I don't listen to Savage anymore than I listen to FoxNews, Rush, Hannity or Glenn Beck.

I get all my information about what they supposedly said from the Leftwing blogs.

It saves me lots of time and I don't have to think.

All hail Comrade Whoopie's progulous approach to news media.

Image I don't listen to Savage anymore, period. I used to like him, but at some point he started sounding like a raving dysfunctional alcoholic making weird unjustifiable connections between facts in his inflamed mind and demanding that everybody accepts his version of reality lest he denounces us as his personal enemies.

Let me be clear here: I'm not a seeker of middle-ground solutions myself and I don't believe that the truth is somewhere in the middle between tight and left, like what Bill O'Rilley must believe. I know there are absolute values, absolute standards, and I know where they can be found.

Unfortunately, Michael Savage doesn't always know that himself. He talks about values and standards, but he gives very confusing directions. About half of what he says is good and valid, but the other half ruins everything good he was able to achieve. Which leads me to believe that he doesn't have any solid philosophical foundation - something that can't be replaced by pure intuition even if his heart is in the right place.

He provides the impression of a lazy guy who was once used to impress liberal audiences with big words and outlandish ideas (not a hard thing to do obviously). And now he has switched to the Right but is still using the same tactic hoping he can just wing it. That also explains why he hardly ever prepares for his shows and just pulls stuff out of his ass as he goes.

I'm not even talking about his stupid attacks on all other conservative radio guys. WTF? If you offer more value than Rush Limbaugh, people will see that and will flock to you without you calling him Hush Bimbo. It's unprovoked, unprofessional, unethical, sophomoric, and just plain stupid.

Savage has done some good things, like defend wrongfully accused soldiers, oppose liberal absurdities, etc. But he also takes inexcusable mental shortcuts and instead of rational analysis simply substitutes liberal absurdities with absurdities of his own invention.

This is not to say that FOX News is infallible. I can't stand Shepard Smith and see when the others there are falling for the prog frame of reference. But other channels are much worse and simply live inside the prog frame of reference without ever venturing outside.

So what can we do? Develop our own BS detector and know how to translate progspeak into plain English. The People's Cube is a good place to develop and perfect the skills. And it's also important to remember that reason, common sense, and the very human nature are on our side - otherwise the progs would have won long ago.

And while conquering the media establishment may be an uphill but winnable battle for us, we may rest assured that conquering human nature is an uphill and unwinnable battle for them.

Wow, I feel truly humbled and most equal by Red Square's words of praise.

I must confess that I stopped listening to Savage years ago when he opened his show with a 20 minute tirade against his neighbor, whom he mentioned by name. Savage's show is on late at night and his neighbor was remodeling his house and the noise was making it difficult for Savage to sleep. I thought that using his show as a weapon to scold his neighbor simply for improving his property was obnoxious and petty. Savage is a wealthy guy, let him go rent a motel room for the few days it would take his neighbor to finish his work. What would Savage have him do, work at 2am and keep everyone else in the neighborhood up?

As for Shep Smith, someone should take him into the woods and leave him with his hand nailed to a tree stump.

Comrades,

Because of my location, I only know these names through the press, rarely having heard any. A friend went through a savage Savage phase, getting wound up by the radio guy. I find that in such instances, it's best to turn whatever off.