Atlanta Mayor to Receive Guardian of Tolerance Medal

[img]/images/Atlanta_Mayor_Reed_Guardian_Tolerance.jpg[/img]

Good news, comrades! As I was recovering from injuries incurred in the line of duty while presiding over the Marshall Pupovich Memorial Show Trial, I was passing the time watching approved news networks like CNN and MSNBC in the People's Hospital. While the popcorn and the beet vodka iv drip were working their healing magic, I was heartened, even thrilled to see that others were valiantly carrying on the Great Struggle™ and prevailing against the forces of intolerance.

Ladies, gentlemen, and others, I give you people's hero and recipient of the coveted Guardian of Tolerance Medal, Mayor Kasim Reed of Atlanta, Georgia.

You see, there was an intolerant fire chief for the city of Atlanta, Kelvin Cochran, who subscribes to hateful forms of religious extremism such as Christianity. He wrote a book in which there was a paragraph critical of homosexuality! That's right, he openly and maliciously attacked the most progressive lifestyle when he wrote, “Uncleanness – whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.” Can you believe he said that!? No wonder all the gay, lesbian, transgendered, bisexual, and queer residents who make up 97% of the population of Atlanta lived in fear.

While there is no record that Cochran actually ordered fire fighters to determine if the owner of a burning residence was gay before putting out the fire, I bet he did anyway. We can't allow such men with such opinions to be trusted with safeguarding the public.

Indeed, Cochran crossed the line from opinion, which is only what Progressives approve, into hate, which is anything that makes Progressives uncomfortable. This kind of extremism is indistinguishable from murders carried out by ISIS, Chick-fil-A, or other like-minded hate groups, for it murders tolerance itself.

In dismissing the bigoted fire chief, the fair and just Kasim Reed stated, “I want to be clear that the material in Chief Cochran's book is not representative of my personal beliefs, and is inconsistent with the Administration's work to make Atlanta a more welcoming city for all of her citizens - regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, race and religious beliefs.”

By now it should be clear that “religious beliefs” excludes Christians who should be impaled and have their bodies set on fire. After all, we live in an enlightened age of tolerance, and Christians just need to understand that and shut up.

Comrades! If you have other candidates for "Guardian of Tolerance" Medal, feel free to use this People's PNG file with transparent background. It's like the glorious KGB emblem, only more tolerant.

Thank you Comrade al-Blogunov for this heartwarming story about a true hero. I hesitate to contrast the actions of the Guardian of Tolerance recipient with the evil illegal acts of Bush and Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rice® but someone should. Let's not forget that once the tyrant Bush was personally administering a most sinister form of intolerance, delivered cold and ruthless to adherents of the religion of peace, Islam.

Praise Allah, the bigoted fire chief has been removed. Atlanta is once again safe! No H8!

I'm so happy to know that this award is available for distribution. The Party™ must broadcast to all oppressed peoples everywhere that we will not tolerate Intolerance™.

Once again The People's Cube has shown itself to be a world leader in Progressivism and suppression of Opression™.

I believe Dear Leader (PBUH) has kept open space on the People's Palace mantle next to his Nobel Peace Prize for just such an award, which he would know was under development and would be released during the early part of his second coming Reich reign elected term...I'm sure his is in the mail.

Komsomolets, as a recent convert to the religion that inaugurated peaceful taxation, gently persuasive mandatory conversions, and open minded beheadings, I shudder in horror to recall the Bush Reign of Terror. I praise Allah and Lenin that I lived to see our Dear Leader and this admirably progressive mayor identify and prosecute the real threats to our civilization.

Red Square wrote:Comrades! If you have other candidates for "Guardian of Tolerance" Medal, feel free to use this People's PNG file with transparent background. It's like the glorious KGB emblem, only more tolerant.

Duly saved and filed in the archives, comrade More Equal One. Very much appreciated. I will be forever vigilant to locate worthy recipients of this prestigious award.

FORWARD!

Has Party leadership considered Mayor Bill "I Can't Breathe" deBlasio? His efforts in tax reform for the tobbacco industry, unification of police unions, and getting out to meet the People are all noteworthy, and at least deserve honorable mention, no?

I want to extend my most heart felt congratulations to Comrade Mayor Reed! Everyone knows that by punishing and silencing these bigots we change their underlying "evil thoughts" from which these bigoted opinions spring forth. Thus, we purge our society of Non-Progressive attitudes For The Common Good™

Comrades! Glorious news! Our faithful subsidiary, the New York Times, has advanced such damning evidence that this thread must become not only a celebration of tolerance, but a show trial for that personification of evil, Kelvin Cochran.
Our NYT outlet says, "It should not matter that the investigation found no evidence that Mr. Cochran had mistreated gays or lesbians. His position as a high-level public servant makes his remarks especially problematic, and requires that he be held to a different standard."
Could we ourselves have said something more currently true, more progressive than that? Evidence schmevidence! The man had an inkorrect opinion, and for that he needs to be punished and made into a public example to warn other thought criminals.
Who will join me and the mayor of Atlanta in denouncing this intolerant bigot whose opinions must be stamped out?

Who needs thinkpol to fingerprint the malignant brains of miscreates like Cochran, when we have the NYT?

Or as that 1st Century Guardian of Tolerance, Caiaphas, put it, "...He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy."

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
Comrades! Glorious news! Our faithful subsidiary, the New York Times, has advanced such damning evidence that this thread must become not only a celebration of tolerance, but a show trial for that personification of evil, Kelvin Cochran.
Our NYT outlet says, "It should not matter that the investigation found no evidence that Mr. Cochran had mistreated gays or lesbians. His position as a high-level public servant makes his remarks especially problematic, and requires that he be held to a different standard."
Evidence schmevidence! The man had an inkorrect opinion, and for that he needs to be punished and made into a public example to warn other thought criminals.

For indeed, our useful idiot fellow traveler at the NYT acknowledged that in the same OpEd.

The First Amendment already protects religious freedom. Nobody can tell Mr. Cochran what he can or cannot believe. If he wants to work as a public official, however, he may not foist his religious views on other city employees who have the right to a boss who does not speak of them as second-class citizens.

Comrades! This is a superb piece of progressive logic. This is an important lesson for the unwashed masses. This bigoted troglodyte has the right to say what he wants to say and practice the religion he wants. But if he does both at the same time and it does not conform to the politically korrekt "Thought Laws™" he must be punished even though he did NOT discriminate against anyone. When you become a public official, you are required to check your Constitutional civil rights at the door. Unless The Party™ or our Though Police™ give you permission to use the ones you want to use.

HAIL OBAMA IN 2016!!!