Big Oil to Give Tax Rebates!

https://www.democrats.com/node/16008

Activists will also be distributing API tax rebate coupons to pedestrians and car drivers. The tax rebate will be partial compensation for the approximately $3800 paid by each taxpayer since 2003 for the Iraq war and federal subsidies to Big Oil.

Does this mean I have to be right there at the protest site in Washington D.C., and be either a pedestrian or a car driver to get my coupon? What if I'm on a bicycle? Or a skateboard?

And where do I take the coupon to get my $3,800? Does it have an expiration date on it, like all coupons? I clicked on the links and couldn't find any further details! There's gotta be something--after all, this comes from a Democrat site. The Democrats would NEVER lie to me, now would they?

I must say, $3,800 is a lot more than what Bushitler thinks will shut me up with his pathetic little tax rebate scheme. The nerve of that evil man! Penalizing me for not marrying the fathers of my children! (HEL-LOO? Laws against bigamy, idiot!) Penalizing me for aborting the children I didn't have! (HEL-LOO? It's my body, Chimp, and since when did YOU have a problem with mass murder? Just because you took choice away from millions of American troops and innocent Iraqis, don't think you can take it away from me too, buster!)

no, thats a rebate for having to read the api news.... Take it to your local news paper

That coupon must be similar to the checks for thousands of dollars that car dealerships send out to The People™. Once you've swallowed the hook and dragged your behind to their office with the check in hand, they will tell you that this amount is actually a discount on the percentage of the bank loan you'll take if you lease one of their cars.

This is non-existent symbolic money whose whole purpose is to make you feel good.

I'm glad the Democrats are now implementing the marketing strategies developed by car dealership and sweepstakes organizers.

==============================================

If you are a member of The People
™, if you hate Bush, war, and Big Oil,
you can claim your winning $3,800 tax rebate!
Only at an anti-Bush rally!

DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY!
Coming to our rally and holding one of our pre-manufactured placards
gives you a chance to win $3,800 in federal tax rebates!

Offer not available to Republicans and those individuals who actually pay taxes.

The Democrats are also in the travel and recreation business...this group has all the markets covered...
http://www.nowarnowarming.org/
CALLING ALL STUDENTS:

Spring Break in Washington DC!
Millions of you will be on break-- imagine the power of all of you converging in DC together to demand a change in war and warming!

Not sure you can make it?..
* Use your sick days! If you are sick of the war, greed, lies and lack of strong action on global warming then take sick days off to come to DC!
* Vacation to the Capitol. If you need a break from it all,
take some vacation days if you have them and come to the
nation's capitol. Direct action is good for the spirit!

* Organize a class trip or alternative spring break. We can't think of a better way to learn about policy, society, organizing or social change!

*See you in the hallways, on the steps and in the streets!*

P.S.

BYOB!!!

All right! What with free health care, big rebate checks, and all them fella's coming back home from the war I don't see how the Democrats can lose. Too good to be true. Gimme mine!

Oil companies get tax breaks and those tax breaks are referred to as subsidies. I wonder if we can get rebate checks for all the money the federal government is spending to actually subsidize Green energy?

Id just like a rebate to fix the damage the ethanol is doing to my cars engine......

Quoth Obama... Nevermore

OFF CHARACTER
I get so sick of these idiots. I actually replied, and it seems to have posted the following:

It is clear that as usual, the democrats still fail to understand some simple facts. I no longer work for "big oil" but I worked in the Exxon Research and Development Labs for over 10 years, so I know a little on the subject.

Oil companies don't "get money" from your taxes. Oil companies, unlike most of the causes your side push, makes money. They create jobs, they produce the life blood of western civilization, and they produce money - a lot of it. The amazing sums you hear in regard to profits is not due to "big oil" ripping you off at the pump, they make these profits by the sheer volume of product sold, A fair profit considering the huge investments and risks.

What you call "subsidy" is not the government giving money out of your pocket. However, because governments wish to achieve a certain result, will reduce or eliminate taxes being taken from "big oil" to encourage them to achieve a goal.

RECOVERED MY SENSES
Down with Big Oil
Up With Subsidy!

Red Square wrote:That coupon must be similar to the checks for thousands of dollars that car dealerships send out to The People™. Once you've swallowed the hook and dragged your behind to their office with the check in hand, they will tell you that this amount is actually a discount on the percentage of the bank loan you'll take if you lease one of their cars.

This is non-existent symbolic money whose whole purpose is to make you feel good.

I'm glad the Democrats are now implementing the marketing strategies developed by car dealership and sweepstakes organizers.

If you are a member of The People
™, if you hate Bush, war, and Big Oil,
you can claim your winning $3,800 tax rebate!
Only at an anti-Bush rally!

DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY!
Coming to our rally and holding one of our pre-manufactured placards
gives you a chance to win $3,800 in federal tax rebates!

Offer not available to Republicans and those individuals who actually pay taxes.

Surely you're not referring to those checks with the really, really tiny fine print that says they're only worth 1/697,885ths of one cent--in other words, little more than the paper they're printed on?

I notice there's nothing on this one about "Limit One Per Household." Suppose I print off hundreds and hundreds of copies of it? Surely they'll give me money then?

PUPOVICH: It is obvious from the Off Character rant that "Off Character" is a Bush-loving 19 percenter being paid by Exxon to spew all that vile right-wing pro-oil filth. Yes, someone is a "proil."

I am busy trying to track down this "OFF CHARACTER" wrecker! He/She/It will certainly feel the weight of a People's Shovel™ soon. I did manage to attach a GPS device on this counter-revolutionary that occasionally hijacks my posts with some mole program created by his "Big Oil" puppetmasters, but unfortunately, the GPS device was made by the People's State of Uzwatzitzname, and is not quite up to our standards.

I also was just notified by one of my workers to be on the lookout for these two ThoughtCriminals™! I can't imagine a more vile and disgusting pair than these two!

What a coincidence, I just received that same video a while ago. Someone is toying with us!

NO! How did he get my e-mail address? HOW?!?

Betty, did yours smell of boiled Louisiana crawfish?

What? No! Never... well maybe. I don't know. How would an e-mail address smell like crawfish?

Exactly! If you can't sniff it, you have to acquit.