BigFurHat Nominates Red Square for Most Influential Blogger

There is a game going on in the right-wing blogosphere, with nominations for "Most Influential blogger" being passed around from one blog to another. The only prizes are the recognition, exposure, networking, and moral satisfaction.

BigFurHat nominated me, and I'm really touched. Here is his really great tribute:

My Nomination For Most Influential Blogger

According to the rules, I was supposed to answer his questions and nominate someone else. I would have loved to - thinking of Daniel Greenfield, James Taranto, and others - and at any other time I would have. But my hands are tied with unrelated work. I'll just have to write an IOU note and repay at a later time.

Bad_Timing_Grate.jpg

Obviously, Red, you should nominate President Barrak Hussein Obama. He is the greatest and most influential man on the planet, and besides, it's his birthday.

Oh, for crying out loud. If BFH thinks you're so damned totally awesome, then why didn't he ask you some REAL questions? The kind of questions a person would ask of one who's so damned totally awesome:

1 - What kind of superhero power do you wish you had?

2 - What enchants you the most about being People's Director?

3 - Have you filled out your brackets yet?

4 - Do you think the Republicans will continue to act like the idiots they are?

5 - Here's a picture of you on the back cover of your book. How does that make you feel?

6 - What do you think your mother would say to you if she could see it?

7 - If I could ask you any question at all, what do you think I should ask?

I posted this on Big Fur Hat's Blog as suggested above:

The forum Red Square has provided has been life changing for me. I have not only found a place where I can voice my thoughts and develop them, thereby becoming a better communicator, but, I actually found the love of my life in the process.

I fell upon TPC because someone, somewhere, in a comment section, linked it. This person changed my life for the better. I will never know who this person is. (sigh)

Like many other friends I have found on The Cube, I knew, and said when I first arrived, I feel I am at home. Even though I didn't have a clue of what I was doing.

I just dived in! I was willing to make an ass of myself just to mingle with those I so respected. I have always been inspired by those who are "better than me." They show me a way I can go.

There are always those who are better than us as well well a those who aren't. That's life!

And, I love life!

Read more at https://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=196286 ... qjDSyKq.99

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Oh, for crying out loud. If BFH thinks you're so damned totally awesome, then why didn't he ask you some REAL questions? The kind of questions a person would ask of one who's so damned totally awesome:

1 - What kind of superhero power do you wish you had?

2 - What enchants you the most about being People's Director?

3 - Have you filled out your brackets yet?

4 - Do you think the Republicans will continue to act like the idiots they are?

5 - Here's a picture of you on the back cover of your book. How does that make you feel?

6 - What do you think your mother would say to you if she could see it?

7 - If I could ask you any question at all, what do you think I should ask?

Kom. Pinkie!

Have you forgotten the MOST important question!?

8 - Boxers or Briefs?

Raum Emmanual Goldstein wrote: Have you forgotten the MOST important question!?

8 - Boxers or Briefs?
Answer: Both, briefs on top (sigh)

Comrade Square,

It is very thoughtful of Bigfurhat to recognize you. keep up the good work!

Red Walrus

I would like to nominate myself... Sadly, I don't blog. So! My vote goes to comrade RedSquare.

The most lovely and gracious [color=#C0392B]Mrs. Red Square[/color] wrote:
Raum Emmanual Goldstein wrote: Have you forgotten the MOST important question!?

8 - Boxers or Briefs?
Answer: Both, briefs on top (sigh)
I'm hoping you do not mean on top of his pants!?

Remember when Esposito, the dictator in the Woody Allen film Bananas, said:

'From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. Silence! In addition to that, all citizens will be required to change their underwear every half-hour. Underwear will be worn on the outside so we can check. Furthermore, all children under 16 years old are now... 16 years old!'

I hope Red isn't thinking about initiating the underwear edict!

oleg-underwear-over.jpg

Oleg is a scholar. He should be lecturing at the finest universities in the world. He is a fine humorist, and a wildly talented graphic artist.

He's also a warm, generous man.

He is to the blogging world what Sid Caesar was to the comedy writing world: mentoring and training people who went on to write great American comedy classics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Caesar
Oleg has done the same for many a blogger, helping to create (among his own) some of the best blogs on the Internet.

Then again, Oleg was highly influential in creating The Fine Report, proving that no one, not even he, can bat a thousand.

Our Dear Leader has proved he is THE dear leader!

Free vodka for all!!! (send the bill to RS)

thewinneris.jpg

Great news for our glorious basic geometry shaped leader, no matter how you slice it! Speaking of slices who's up for a little beet cake baked up in The People's Galley to celebrate?

soviet cake.jpg

Happy Influential Day Comrade Director

“Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.” -H. Kissinger
(Who put the "kiss" in Kissinger.)
happy influential day.jpg