Cain's 999 Tax Reform Plan Faces Competition

obama.jpg
President Obama points to a supporters wallet during his speech
Speaking to a group of Democratic supporters, Mr. Obama unveiled a dramatic bold new tax plan in direct contrast to Mr. Cain's Nine Nine Nine tax reform plan that he emphasized he had been supporting for a very long time. “We should pass my tax plan right away,” the president declared over and over in his 32-minute speech, in which he eschewed his trademark soaring oratory in favor of a plainspoken appeal for action and also combined it with a simple slogan evoking memories of his signature “Yes We Can” campaign.

Mr. Obama said, “The question is whether, in the face of an ongoing national crisis, we can stop the political circus and actually do something to help the economy, this bold new tax plan accomplishes just that.”

For Mr. Obama, burdened by the lowest approval ratings of his presidency, the address crystallized the multiple challenges he faces, among them reviving a torpid economy and shaking off a perception, after so many speeches on the economy that he has not delivered on the promise of his oratory.

After weeks on the defensive, however, Mr. Obama seemed to get off his back foot. He framed the debate over his new tax plan as a tug-of-war between mainstream American values and a radical, antigovernment orthodoxy that holds that “the only thing we can do restore prosperity is just dismantle government, refund everyone's money, let everyone write their own rules, and tell everyone they're on their own.”

With a difficult re-election bid looming, Mr. Obama declared that his tax vision would appeal to more voters. “These are real choices we have to make,” he said. “And I'm pretty sure for tax reform I know what most Americans would choose. It's not even close.”

The centerpiece of his new tax plan is divided into three parts much like Mr. Cain's. A 100 percent payroll tax, a 100 percent corporate tax and a 100 percent national sales tax or as Mr. Obama called it his its all “Mine, Mine, Mine” tax plan. The president insisted that under Mine, Mine, Mine there would be nothing controversial because it was totally transparent with no hidden gimmicks. “Everything in its all Mine, Mine, Mine is the kind of tax plan that's been supported and coveted by Democrats for decades.” He said.

Well now - that would certainly be the simplified tax plan they are all demanding. WTG Dear Leader.

The brilliance of Dear 0'Leader shines like a laser beam, cutting into everyone's wallet, stock portfolio, retirement and bank accounts. He was also heard to say, "I Will Not Rest™ until it's all Mine, Mine, Mine."

Later, asked by a reporter how He intended to follow through when He claimed He would "override Congress" to put His new revenue enhancement plan into effect, 0bama merely looked at her purse, smiled hungrily, and said cryptically, "I Can't Wait™."