Change *We* Can Believe In

For those of you, like me, who are pissed and longing to get involved in some sort of online activism to take the party back:

We Can Rebuild the Party
by Patrick Ruffini | November 7, 2008 at 1:37 AM

Earlier this evening, a group of under-40 operatives pulled back the curtain on
RebuildTheParty.com , a 10-point action plan for the next RNC Chairman.

The premise behind the plan is simple: every Republican has a stake in the outcome of the RNC election, so every Republican must have a voice in the process. Collectively, we intend to bring pressure to bear, not for a specific candidate, but for a set of principles that will force our new leadership to deal head on with the GOP's structural failures -- a yawning online gap, a failure to mobilize our grassroots, and an inability to recruit either strong candidates in every district or encourage sophisticated activism at the local level.

A number of us have been talking about these problems for months now. Well, the time for talk is over and the time for action is now. That's why the plan outlines a number of specific proposals and success metrics: 5 million new online activists, a minimum of $100,000 raised online by target Congressional candidates, candidates in all 435 districts, 25,000 new people who can work on campaigns and run their neighborhoods. It's time to start holding people in the party accountable for online success the same we hold people accountable for the number of voter contacts.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be fleshing out individual pieces of the plan and likely be getting more specific in our recommendations. We also know that we can't micromanage the process and that the next Chair is going to have to chart his or her own path. Having worked on campaigns, however, we know that necessity is the mother of invention. The primary purpose of the Rebuild the Party plan is to create this sense of urgency and necessity. We challenge the idea that the Internet is more than a fun little add-on or that it's enough to prove you "get it" by setting up a Twitter account. The Obama campaign proved that the Internet is so much more than that: it is a serious platform for transforming literally everything about how your campaign is run, from media to fundraising to field.

And the best part? You can vote on key tenets of the plan, submit your own, and vote them up in a Digg-like process. The best user generated ideas may be included in future releases of the plan. Participate in this platform by visiting Ideas.RebuildTheParty.com
and registering.

Beyond disappointment at all the opportunities we missed this election, I felt something else on Tuesday night: liberation. I felt like a huge burden had been lifted off our shoulders, that we could finally get to work building the Republican Party we really want not just defending the one that we had. Our mission will no longer be subsumed in the immediate work of winning an election. The time to build the next right has come.

The party is not going to rebuild itself and I am urging any and all conservatives reading this to roll up their sleeves and get involved. Their plan is a bag of pure *awesomeness*.

The FIRST thing to do is get the first primaries the HELL out of New Hampshire!!
The state with the FIRST majority chick senate? WTF??

The SECOND thing is to close primaries to ONLY Republicans. Dems and Independants are welcome to vote for OUR candidate, they are not welcome to CHOOSE our candidate. They can bite us!

McCain can reach across the aisle, keep reaching, find a seat and SIT THE HELL DOWN WITH THEM!!! Kick the scumbags out. Even the Dems understand this, look how they are spanking Kermit the Lieberman!!!

I agree. Nancy & Co. rule with an iron fist while the GOP Leadership knocks in the teeth of our pitbulls. First things first: DUMP BOEHNER.

Fair enough but the brie came from Wal Mart. No kidding! It's really good and it was cheap too.

(Wait 'til I tell 'em my tough as nails Conservative mom grows arugula in her garden! LOL)

comrade Fricker
Image That site has been completely taken over with Communist Patriots!
Unbelievable how many internet geeks want the party to morph into another Democrat Party to ensure defeat for the next 40 years.
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PARTY!!!

Seriously, we need MASSIVE participation in this to fend off the leftie hackers.

Commissar M wrote:Fair enough but the brie came from Wal Mart. No kidding! It's really good and it was cheap too.

(Wait 'til I tell 'em my tough as nails Conservative mom grows arugula in her garden! LOL)

Commissar M

Good for your Mom. She is a good Progressive Maternal Unit. That is what you meant to say, nyet? Eventually, everyone will be growing their own vegetables (including arugula) since there won't be any grocery stores (to expensive to ship w/ $10+ gasoline). Every city will have a community plot where you will grow what you need to feed your family. Such a nice leisure family- binding activity.

a fan of arugula,

Che' Gourmet Image