CNN's Sanchez fired after calling Stewart a bigot

progboy.jpg

By DAVID BAUDER AP Television Writer © 2010 The Associated Press
Oct. 1, 2010, 6:19PM

NEW YORK — CNN fired news anchor Rick Sanchez on Friday, a day after he called Jon Stewart a bigot in a radio show interview where he also questioned whether Jews should be considered a minority.

Sanchez, who was born in Cuba and had worked at CNN since 2004, was host of the two-hour "Rick's List" on CNN's afternoon lineup. He did a prime-time version of that show in recent months, but that ended this week because the time slot is being filled by a new show featuring former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer and columnist Kathleen Parker.

Stewart had frequently poked fun of Sanchez on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," most recently for saying on the air that his show had received a tweet from House Republican leader John Boehner. Stewart called it a case of "send a twit a tweet."
more...

To the gulag for Sanchez.

Truly a sad day in Amerikkka.

Stalin weeps yet more.

Update! Rick Sanchez goes bungee jumping:

This makes no sense at all to me. How any any prog be a bigot? Progs by very definition are definitely not bigotry oriented. Does a monkey have 2 4 legs? Does a jackass donkey bray? See by clear example, progs can not be bigots. End of story!!

Image Mr. Stewart meets the main requirement for being a bigot.
He's white

The Pulloskies Logic cannot be refuted and I'll add that this Sanchez karakter had it comin'. Doesn't he know Jon Stewart is THE most important Joo and any derogatory remark about him will surely be reacted to with swift repercussions.

He's lucky he's still alive!

Sanchez has rightly been stripped of his belongership and now must suffer consequences of his falsely embiggened perception of importance when compared to that of Comrade Stewart.

He will never be rehabilitated. His family will live in ignominious shame.

Comrades, shame on you all. You have all missed the point. Why is anyone listening to a Cuban who has left the glorious Vaterland? Get real. If he were not guilty, he'd be there, with his family, reading government books on how to make a nutritious meal out of stewed roadside nettles, and the best places to prostitute yourself in foreign hotels for a bar of soap.

So why should anyone believe that turkey? If he were a real prog, he'd be in Cuba now, shining Raul's shoes. Instead of calling Jon Stewart a racist.

Even if he is.

I'll ask this here as well. Why is that anyone from CNN who clashes with Jon Stewart ends up on the crap-end of the stick? Admittedly, Sanchez is an utter moron and a laughingstock that has helped drag CNN even lower than they already were. However, Stewart is no genius either and he's been egging this thing on for quite a while now.

I'd be tempted to suggest that Stewart was giving "special favors" to Jon Klein but Klein just recently got crap-canned too. It must be somebody else.

Since Jon Stewart seems to have a hand in getting people fired at CNN, maybe he can target Susan Roesgen next. Oh, wait, never mind! hehehehe

I also want to know where is La Raza or some similar group in all of this? Shouldn't they be protesting in front of both the Atlanta and New York studios? Even though Sanchez is about as white-bread European as you can get (as opposed to Hispanic), how can they miss such an amazing chance to victim-monger and cry racism?

Unless maybe even misery merchants find it hard to defend a guy who is obviously as dumb as a rock and much less interesting.

M, I find it impossible to believe--literally incredible--that being as dumb as a rock is a disqualification for CNN. Or CBS or NBC or ABC. Think Matt Lauer--clever in the way that a lamprey eel is clever but not smart. He got in because he's a prog, he has a mouth like Humphrey Bogart, and he has a great ass. That's it. Nothing else. Nothing.

When I consider our comrades in the media, I have to consider that they're either as stupid as a bag of hair (e.g. Joan Lunden) or just evil people who know what they're advocating.

But then it takes a good deal of sophistication to keep your hands off other people, and that is a sophistication that people who are nothing more than well cleaned up don't have.

Comrade M, I too am mystified by the racial ideological priorities at play here. On one hand we have the Juice represented by Jon Stewtard and on the other we have a wise Latino from an Island tribe of revolutionaries.

What takes precedence here? Bashing the rich occupier Juice or patronizing Left leaning Latinos just before an election?

If one of them were a person of coloreds that could be the trump card in the racial deck of cards. But both are nominally white so it's a coin toss in my book of identity politics.