Columbia Law School in Mourning

New York City: Distraught protesters cheered as a sobbing Columbia Law School graduate student, tears streaming down her cheeks, leaped to her feet and screamed, "America sucks!" Salty droplets fell like rain onto the glowing screen of her HTC One Gold Edition Smartphone as she struggled to peck out a simple text message to midtown Manhattan's exclusive Per Se restaurant - "Have Thomas cancel my luncheon reservation - I'm unsettled!"

The aspiring young lawyer sat huddled with fellow scholars assembled in small groups throughout the plush student center lobby. Scattered among the languishing students were grief counselors the university had flown in from various psychiatric centers around the country - but the pain was too deep, too personal, beyond the reach of mere counseling.

Students had spent hours drafting a petition, a declaration of horror that lay upon the
administrator's desk, and nothing, nothing but freedom from looming exams could possibly assuage their pain. The simple declaration read;

FutureLaw.jpg
"Recent events have unsettled our lives as students. We have struggled to compartmentalize our trauma as we sit and make fruitless attempts to focus on exam preparation. We sit to study with the knowledge that our brothers and sisters are regularly killed with impunity on borders and streets; we sit to study with the understanding that our brothers and sisters are marching to have our humanity recognized and valued by a system that has continually failed us."

The school's interim dean, Robert E. Scott, approved the postponement of exams should it be requested by individual students;

"The grand juries' determinations to return non-indictments in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases have shaken the faith of some in the integrity of the grand jury system and in the law more generally," he wrote in an email to the school community. "For some law students, particularly, though not only, students of color, this chain of events is all the more profound as it threatens to undermine a sense that the law is a fundamental pillar of society designed to protect fairness, due process and equality."
Craptek News Service adds its voice to the outrage of all oppressed brother's and sister's:
“No justice, no peace!”
(standard hourly picketing rates apply)

Comrade Craptain Captek, your posting moved me immensely. As I sit here using the NYT for TP empathizing with these young victims, I have been looking out the window at the cold, inhospitable urban environment and thinking, "Just ice! Just ice!"

If the young ladies at Columbia would like further huddling, I will be glad to supply it on a case-by-case basis.

Captain Craptek wrote:Tears fell like rain on the large, bright screen of her HTC One Gold Edition Smartphone as she struggled to peck out a simple text message to Midtown's exclusive Per Se restaurant - "Have Thomas cancel my luncheon reservation - I'm unsettled!"
In other words, "No justice, no peas."

RedDiaperette wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:Tears fell like rain on the large, bright screen of her HTC One Gold Edition Smartphone as she struggled to peck out a simple text message to Midtown's exclusive Per Se restaurant - "Have Thomas cancel my luncheon reservation - I'm unsettled!"
In other words, "No justice, no peas."

Comrade RedD,

I, for one, shall restrict my gastronomical midday indulgences to the simple fare of the commoner - a plate of Tomato Tagiatelle at most - till Justice is properly served! (perhaps an occasional splash of 1961 Chateau Batailley)... Oh, my...being down for the struggle can be soooo difficult at times... but we must all learn to sacrifice for the Greater Good.™

Tomato_Tagiatelle.jpg

Meanwhile, outside of the Iron Bubble of Liberalism...

exam stress.jpg

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:Meanwhile, outside of the Iron Bubble of Liberalism...

The attachment exam stress.jpg is no longer available

Quite so Komissar. But grading will be adjusted based on student's complexion, family economic dependency factor, and degree of psychological trauma induced by exposure to news of unjust treatment by authorities. The result, as always, will be total equality of mediocrity.

Stupid.PNG

This is a little dated, but it's great to know that the young minds of tomorrow's leaders are being properly conditioned...