Comrade Henry Purcell c. 1600, supports Trump Tweets!

Comrade H. Purcell supports Trump Tweets!

We have to silence him now! Before he knows how he is being used.

PammieAlinsky, Comrade H. Purcell's incitement of exuberance was most uplifting to the mythical horned rodent.

jackalopelipsky wrote:PammieAlinsky, Comrade H. Purcell's incitement of exuberance was most uplifting to the mythical horned rodent.

Thank you dear jackalopelipsky!

I'm so glad you were uplifted as that was my intention. It just popped into my head and I had to post it, what with all the folderol on current display in the impeachment efforts and all. (it's not working)

The lyrics themselves are most telling. Listen to them, those of you who haven't.

It also shows my respect for other Cubists (an art form) by posting something that reflects their edjumacation.

Over and out
Pamsky

Commissar Kindly Uncle UnKulturny was greatly uplifted by this inspiring piece of music!

(But does Comrade Purcell have any other compositions that can even compare with "She's A T-Bone Talkin' Woman, But She Has A HotDog Heart"?)

Apparatchik Unkulturny wrote:But does Comrade Purcell have any other compositions that can even compare with "She's A T-Bone Talkin' Woman, But She Has A HotDog Heart"?

Are we talking about Meghan Markle again? Is this going to be Harry's theme song for years to come?

Well, diamonds look like glass a star looks like a planet
A heart of gold weights about the same as a heart that's made of granite
And you can't tell a queen these days from some old high-class floozy
I ain't a king but I know by now I should-a been a little more choosy
Hee-hee

She was a t-bone talkin' woman but she had a hotdog heart-heart-heart
She was a t-bone talkin' woman but she had a hotdog heart

Pamalinsky wrote:
jackalopelipsky wrote:PammieAlinsky, Comrade H. Purcell's incitement of exuberance was most uplifting to the mythical horned rodent.

I'm so glad you were uplifted as that was my intention. It just popped into my head and I had to post it, what with all the folderol on current display in the impeachment efforts and all. (it's not working)

[highlight=#ffff00]The lyrics themselves are most telling. Listen to them, those of you who haven't.
[/highlight]
It also shows my respect for other Cubists (an art form) by posting something that reflects their edjumacation.

Over and out
Pamsky

[OFF]

They're telling. Very telling. They're telling me that the only times in which the English language really worked for opera were Handel's "Messiah" and every Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera. I really wanted to like Purcell's composition, listened to it a few times, but it sounds like the singers are frantically running to the powder room and having a stroke at the same time.

My opinion - leave Opera to the Continent.

Exuberance seems to be in the air.
Red Square hooliganized karaoke lifts the hearts with 'Harry's Song' -

Red Square said
Well, diamonds look like glass a star looks like a planet
Hee-hee

Apparatchik Unkulturny wrote:Commissar Kindly Uncle UnKulturny was greatly uplifted by this inspiring piece of music!

[highlight=#ffff00](But does Comrade Purcell have any other compositions that can even compare with "She's A T-Bone Talkin' Woman, But She Has A HotDog Heart"?)[/highlight]

Dear Unkulturny, I am so glad you were greatly uplifted by Comrade Purcell's inspiring piece of music. However, after diligent research (yes, you made me look it up), I found there is not even a smidgen of comparison to "T-bone Talkin' Woman" on Comrade Pucells's part.

Purcell does his own thing, as does Scottie Henson! Diversity™ rules!

Red Square wrote:
Apparatchik Unkulturny wrote:But does Comrade Purcell have any other compositions that can even compare with "She's A T-Bone Talkin' Woman, But She Has A HotDog Heart"?

[highlight=#ffff00]Are we talking about Meghan Markle again? Is this going to be Harry's theme song for years to come?

[/highlight]
[highlight=#ffff00]Well, diamonds look like glass a star looks like a planet
Hee-hee

[/highlight]

You had me laughing in the first sentence. After that, I was on the floor laughing.

You have the "gift" Comrade Red.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

[highlight=#ffff00]The lyrics themselves are most telling. Listen to them, those of you who haven't.
[/highlight]

Over and out
Pamsky

[OFF]

[highlight=#ffff00]They're telling. Very telling. They're telling me that the only times in which the English language really worked for opera were Handel's "Messiah" and every Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera. I really wanted to like Purcell's composition, listened to it a few times, but it sounds like the singers are frantically running to the powder room and having a stroke at the same time.

[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]My opinion - leave Opera to the Continent.[/highlight]
Dearest Comrade Stierlitz,

I understand your comment about what amounts to the sounds the singers are producing in this song. It does sound a bit prissy, especially in context of today's singers. but, prissy as it is, it was their way of expressing their joy at the time.

This was just one of his songs, not opera. He did write two operas, Dido and Aeneas and some incidental music to a version of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream called The Fairy Queen.

One of the many things I enjoy in life is the observation of the human expression of joy (and other things), no matter what country, no matter what century, no matter what style.

Here's what I found in Purcell's piece:

Sound the Trumpet!: Trump's bombastic style!

You make the listening shores resound!: His message is being heard, and appreciated around the world!

At least these prissy singers can both powder their noses and sing at the same time!

Please forgive me for my pedantry. I just can't help myself.

Edit because I didn't check my "notes":

All the instruments of joy: That would include all of us!

'pelipsky hears you PammieAlinsky... as 'pelipsky used to reeducate some middle school massed hooligans, 'yo! those 1700's violin dudes were the Eddie Van Halen of their day...just shredding it on a violin...and plus, chicks really dug them. People don't change, style is what changes."

[highlight=#ffff00]
jackalopelipsky wrote:'pelipsky hears you PammieAlinsky... as 'pelipsky used to reeducate some middle school massed hooligans, 'yo! those 1700's violin dudes were the Eddie Van Halen of their day...just shredding it on a violin...and plus, chicks really dug them. People don't change, style is what changes."
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00][highlight=#ffffff]

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner here![/highlight]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00][highlight=#ffffff]You may have heard some of the music from Africa and some pygmy tribes. It's friggin beautiful! The harmonies are very "advanced" and duplicated in modern music. Same goes with the Bulgarian Women's Chorus: [/highlight][/highlight][highlight=#ffffff]Le Mystere des voix Bulgares.[/highlight][highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight]
[highlight=#ffffff]There's so many more but I'll leave it to you to explore. Enjoy!
[/highlight]

Here's one from the movie Cry Freedom!

Comrade Stierlitz wrote: They're telling me that the only times in which the English language really worked for opera were Handel's "Messiah" and every Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera.

Just to be pedantic (it's my job, you know), the "Messiah" is an oratorio, not an opera. G&S, though, being operetta, is close enough to give a pass, even if they weren't so brilliant.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote: I really wanted to like Purcell's composition, listened to it a few times, but it sounds like the singers are frantically running to the powder room and having a stroke at the same time.

A most equal comment, Comrade. Now excuse me while I clean my screen and keyboard.

- SK

[OFF]

Pamalinsky wrote:
Dearest Comrade Stierlitz,

I understand your comment about what amounts to the sounds the singers are producing in this song. It does sound a bit prissy, especially in context of today's singers. but, prissy as it is, it was their way of expressing their joy at the time.

This was just one of his songs, not opera. He did write two operas, Dido and Aeneas and some incidental music to a version of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream called The Fairy Queen.

One of the many things I enjoy in life is the observation of the human expression of joy (and other things), no matter what country, no matter what century, no matter what style.

Here's what I found in Purcell's piece:

Sound the Trumpet!: Trump's bombastic style!

You make the listening shores resound!: His message is being heard, and appreciated around the world!

At least these prissy singers can both powder their noses and sing at the same time!

Please forgive me for my pedantry. I just can't help myself.

[OFF]

First, great response. I must admit that I'm not as knowledgable of Baroque as I am of other periods of orchestral music. I'm about as knowledgable of it as a morning AM talk host would be. And, like said AM talk hosts, every once in a while I like to spout off about stuff I don't know a damn thing about. Besides being great fun, it's also a great way to get good information by way of Cunningham's Law.

I did not know that that was a common way of expressing joy in music at the time, to me it sounded like a terribly strained and pajnful aria. Your being a former opera singer would obviously shine a much different light on the piece.

Besides, I'm not that much of a fan of English composers in general, and that bias definitely injected itself. I prefer Mahler and Shostakovich.

Pamalinsky wrote: Same goes with the Bulgarian Women's Chorus

Thank you so much for this. I remembered hearing those wonderful ladies when I was very young and have been searching for them ever since I had access to internet. I have finally found them.

Chief Designer wrote:
Just to be pedantic (it's my job, you know)

Oh boy! A double dose of pedantics! Aren't I a lucky boy...

Chief Designer wrote:
the "Messiah" is an oratorio, not an opera. G&S, though, being operetta, is close enough to give a pass, even if they weren't so brilliant.

Now that I consider it, I guess I should have been classing the Messiah as an oratorio. Thanks for the correction.

For the record, I have always heard Glibert and Sullivan referred to as "comic opera".

And c'mon, if you don't thoroughly enjoy a pair of witty Victorian funnymen there's something wrong with you. Or maybe there's something wrong with me, I can never seem to sort the two out...

Chief Designer wrote:
A most equal comment, Comrade. Now excuse me while I clean my screen and keyboard.

- SK

Well, since it's apparent that both you and Pammy enjoyed the roast of Stierlitz, I guess I'll go lay down on a giant dinner plate with several hundredweight of mashed potatoes as my only companion.

What an exuberant conversation all comrades in line here at The People's Beet Field Hot Mess and Rations Tent.

Thank you again PammieAlinsky.

Comrade Steirlitz, what's the difference between Purcell's singers frantically running to the powder room and having a stroke at the same time calling us to hear the TRUMPET and witty Victorian funny men? And then, what the difference in attitude if we mix in this pic of culture posted by Comrade Salarzinsky?

Absolutely. Nothing. The song remains the same. A song of exuberance and joy.

When 'pelipsky was first sent to The People's Battery Acid Reclamation Plant - otherwise known as the garage where 'pelipsky was grateful to paint furniture in a way that other comrades would exchange foldin' money to have grace and exhuberize their homes, TPC was a kollective where reading other people's jokes that only the prisoners could laugh at...because if the guards laughed then tyranny and oppression was kured. The mythical horned rodent wasn't goin' from endangered species, to extinct, anymore. The myth lives on...and jackalope numbers are on the rise...like polar bears.

How pedantic a thought is that, Chief Designer?

Sound the Trump! The People's Red Revolution 2020!

Awesome Comrade Stierlitz,

There was always a time when all of us knew jack about anything, including me, of course.

I also love Mahler and Shostakovich. In fact, I was privileged to perform Mahler's 2nd Symphony (The Resurrection Symphony) with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, conducted by Zubin Mehta, back in the day. The size of the orchestra was unprecedented. If my memory serves me, there were about ten timpani and the relative number of other instruments worked up from there.

There was even a backstage orchestra to provide the echo at the end of the piece. (we performers referred to them as “the backstage band”) After all these years, I still can't believe I got to be a part of this. It was wonderful!

Mahler is in my “Top Ten” favorite composers, probably #1, but I have since come to love others, after availing myself the luxury of listening to new composers.

Re: Opera: Well, frankly, in my opinion, opera was always about the singers. Sometimes the music was awesome, in fact, it had to be in order to show off the singers. But, alas, it's gonna be a bit dull if you don't have exciting, gifted singers.

I also love Shostakovich, Stravinsky, Ravel (Daphnis et Chloé), Prokofiev. Oh God, there are so many more.

Regarding English composers: I felt the same way until I heard John Taverner's piece at Princess Diana's funeral.

It started with a drone-like, sad, “alleluia” and ended, just as the coffin was departing the cathedral, with a burst of outrage that someone so young should die. It is a very moving moment.

Another Tavener piece is:

[video]“[/video]

Thank you again, Pammie Alinsky.

Poor 'pelipsky's mythical hare brained heart is so grieved for perception of callous pedantics towards beloved Comrade Stierlitz, that private explanation is not enough.

'pelipsky was so sorrowful from beginning that beloved Comrade Stierlitz could not share in Purcell's exuberant joy. 'pelipsky's mythical heart was grieved sorely. sorely.

It reminded 'pelipsky of a short animation film done by Eastern Block artist presented at an art symposium in 1990. The main character was a flat paper doll living in a bleak cheerless world of isolated work. Drudge. Drudge work. The man get's an idea and it is happiness. Birds chirp out happy music in his head and he creates something from that joy.

Then the Police State breaks down his apartment door, tears up his created joy and apartment, beats the man leaving him a wadded up piece of paper on the floor. Tentatively, the man unwads his crumpled shape and rejoins the bleak drudge reality of life.

Once again, a cheerful idea enters his captioned thoughts. The joy increases and another creation of exuberance is completed. Again, the Police State break in to his apartment in brutal violence leaving him a wadded up piece of trash. Gradually the wadded up man unfolds to rejoin the bleak drudgery of life's endless toil.

The scenario of drudge - a glimpse of joy - increased joy - creation - devastation - repeats with the man's increasing speed of recovery after crumpled state.

Then the man notices another flat character get a comment bubble of of joy, which led to creation exuberance and then Police State destruction leaves him a crumpled character on the floor of his apartment.

The first character helps the crumpled man unfold and rejoin the drudge world. Then they get a joyful idea comment bubble together and joyfully create from their shared exuberance only to have the Police State break in to devastate their shared creation leaving them both a crumpled piece of trash. The two devastated men assist each other in returning to their flat shape.

Now they are two, sharing in glimpses of joy, creation, devastation, and helping the other in regeneration.

At the end, while the Police State devastation of joy continues, together they lift each other up in shared joy as other characters in the drudge bleak world get these bubble comments of joy and happiness.

'pelipsky apologizes with complete forelock tug for not expressing properly the illustration that the song of the human heart remains the same through out the ages. Because not being able to share in the exuberant joy of sounding the Trumpet by Purcell grieved 'pelipsky's mythical soul to the core for Comrade Stierlitz's crumpled trashed character.

big, jackalopelipsky tears. B.I.G.L.Y. to you dear Comrade Stierlitz and all the crumpled comrades out there reading our nonsense. The song remains, still! In these times that try men's souls. The SONG remains - and the song remains the SAME! Which is what 'pelipsky was so inadequately trying to remind all comrades, especially to most excellent in equality Comrade Stierlitz who is so knowledgeable for one so young in all things that bring joy to life.

forelock tug to all crumpled and trashed comrades,
Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

jackalopelipsky wrote:Thank you again, Pammie Alinsky.

Poor 'pelipsky's mythical hare brained heart is so grieved for perception of callous pedantics towards beloved Comrade Stierlitz, that private explanation is not enough.

'pelipsky was so sorrowful from beginning that beloved Comrade Stierlitz could not share in Purcell's exuberant joy. 'pelipsky's mythical heart was grieved sorely. sorely.

It reminded 'pelipsky of a short animation film done by Eastern Block artist presented at an art symposium in 1990. The main character was a flat paper doll living in a bleak cheerless world of isolated work. Drudge. Drudge work. The man get's an idea and it is happiness. Birds chirp out happy music in his head and he creates something from that joy.

Then the Police State breaks down his apartment door, tears up his created joy and apartment, beats the man leaving him a wadded up piece of paper on the floor. Tentatively, the man unwads his crumpled shape and rejoins the bleak drudge reality of life.

Once again, a cheerful idea enters his captioned thoughts. The joy increases and another creation of exuberance is completed. Again, the Police State break in to his apartment in brutal violence leaving him a wadded up piece of trash. Gradually the wadded up man unfolds to rejoin the bleak drudgery of life's endless toil.

The scenario of drudge - a glimpse of joy - increased joy - creation - devastation - repeats with the man's increasing speed of recovery after crumpled state.

Then the man notices another flat character get a comment bubble of of joy, which led to creation exuberance and then Police State destruction leaves him a crumpled character on the floor of his apartment.

The first character helps the crumpled man unfold and rejoin the drudge world. Then they get a joyful idea comment bubble together and joyfully create from their shared exuberance only to have the Police State break in to devastate their shared creation leaving them both a crumpled piece of trash. The two devastated men assist each other in returning to their flat shape.

Now they are two, sharing in glimpses of joy, creation, devastation, and helping the other in regeneration.

At the end, while the Police State devastation of joy continues, together they lift each other up in shared joy as other characters in the drudge bleak world get these bubble comments of joy and happiness.

'pelipsky apologizes with complete forelock tug for not expressing properly the illustration that the song of the human heart remains the same through out the ages. Because not being able to share in the exuberant joy of sounding the Trumpet by Purcell grieved 'pelipsky's mythical soul to the core for Comrade Stierlitz's crumpled trashed character.

big, jackalopelipsky tears. B.I.G.L.Y. to you dear Comrade Stierlitz and all the crumpled comrades out there reading our nonsense. The song remains, still! In these times that try men's souls. The SONG remains - and the song remains the SAME! Which is what 'pelipsky was so inadequately trying to remind all comrades, especially to most excellent in equality Comrade Stierlitz who is so knowledgeable for one so young in all things that bring joy to life.

forelock tug to all crumpled and trashed comrades,
Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

Wholly Sh*t Comrade pelipsky, that was one hell of a post.
Awesome!
Much admiration from Pamski
Thank you!

Thank you Pamski! It was a powerful film.'pelipsky made it all the way to 1991.

There is a whole unfenced gulag going on right now all around us consisting of comrades who have had their worthless lives turned upside down by unaccountable tax paid employees. If a comrade talks about such events they are told they had it comin' anyway because the comrade was guilty of somethin'.

After all, no one is innocent. That's just crazy talk.

When the unaccountable State is out to preserve authority of relevant compassion it is like dear California Gov Gavin Newsom gushing with prescriptive compassion to TARGET social determinants of health.

forelock tug from the mythical horned rodent,
'pelipsky