Comrade Nelson finally sells vote

Glorious news Comrades,

Seems that Comrade Nelson held out for much more than Comrade Landrieu.

Sen. Ben Nelson(Neb.), the final Democratic holdout on health care, announced to hiscolleagues Saturday morning that he would support the Senate reformbill, clearing the way for final passage by Christmas of PresidentObama's top domestic policy priority.

Asked if he had secured the 60 votes needed to overcome a Republican filibuster, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) told reporters, "It seems that way."

The Senate is expected to work its way through a series ofprocedural motions over the next few days, with a vote on thelegislation scheduled the evening of Dec. 24th. A conference with theHouse to produce a final bill would likely extend into January, Senateaides said.

Original Article

Looks like Dear Leader will get his gift for Christmas.

And we get ours:

thewilson6pack.1202687280.009_a_lump_of_coal_for_xmas.jpg

Comrade RP,

This is glorious, for Dear Leader will thus be able, once again, to lead by teleprompter example by using his lump of coal to receive a carbon-offset.

As Chairman Mao once noted more or less: "a foundry in every backyard." It behooves us to dig up all coal in our own backyards to turn it over to the government for a carbon offset. Neighbors with still-private property that is geologically likely to contain coal can be enlightened with a friendly anonymous phone call to the EPA, Greenpeace, or EarthFirst!

Comrade Tovarich wrote:It behooves us to dig up all coal in our own backyards to turn it over to the government for a carbon offset.

What a wonderful idea Comrade.

I currently live in the most vile of states, Wyoming. I'm not sure if you know that about 36% of the coal used by the USSA is mined from here*. What's even a more tragedy, is they use strip mining ... where they take off the topsoil, steal the coal from Mother Earth, then replace the topsoil.

If we could just turn all coal over to Dear Leader, then it's already sequestered and in a form that won't kill us from second-hand CO2 emissions.

With that being said, we should start using the moniker of "Blood Coal" ... sort of like "blood diamonds", but showing how evil coal really is.

*Also, Wyoming has vast deposits of evil oil, evil natural gas, evil methane, and evil uranium.

This is great news comrades. I and every other American (and future generations) in every State will be proud to pay Nebraska's share of Medicare FOREVER.

A small price to pay for one slimy two timing weasel Senator's stinking cloture vote. I just hope that all this frozen Global Warming accumulation doesn't cause the Senate Office Building's roof to cave in on their treasonous heads.

This is great news comrades. I and every other American (and future generations) in every State will be proud to pay Nebraska's share of Medicare FOREVER.

I was talking with my father earlier tonight, and he mentioned that his congressman (D-SD) didn't even bargain to get ANYTHING. And his congressman is a Party Official.

Even though they're all equal, I guess some congressman are more equal.

Piker.

Raznoehintsi Pewkov wrote:

I was talking with my father earlier tonight, and he mentioned that his congressman (D-SD) didn't even bargain to get ANYTHING. And his congressman is a Party Official.

Even though they're all equal, I guess some congressman are more equal.

Piker.
* 2006, Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day, Vintage 2007, p. 604:

"Whatever else this cupcake might be up to, she was no piker. For everything the Q's ordered, she added on more of the same."

finally found my geographical sense of the usa ... Montana Is close to Wyoming

"Do it with Concrete, it stays Harder LONGER"

Comrade RP,

It warms my bleeding heart to hear you support my proposition. However, given the horrid list of evil natural resources, which would be good natural resources if owned by the State, and the fact (or at least prevailing opinion among intellectuals) that Dick Cheney is from Wyoming, I must proffer great respect at your ability to endure such oppression. Your devotion to the Cause is strong, Comrade RP!

and the fact (or at least prevailing opinion among intellectuals) that Dick Cheney is from Wyoming

This thoroughly explains why Wyoming is the least populated state, and why its highly recommended to wear blaze orange.