Comrade Red Square, is there any truth to this?

Poster_Stalin_Komsomol.jpg
I figured you would know.

Russia retreats to autarky as poverty looms

Now, excuse me while I go look up just what the heck "autarky" means...

Autarky is a strategically located town in the Smolensk area, near the Dnieper. In the Soviet era it was known as "Cамоуправление" and was a "model town" for central planning.

The main products are beets, fodder beets, mudder beets, mangelwurzels, beet juice, borscht, beet sugar, beet fiber, beet paper, beet beer, beet vodka and citizens who have just attained their majority.

On the last Thursday of October every year, Punkie Night is celebrated in Autarky. Children carry around lanterns called "Punkies", which are hollowed-out mangelwurzels carved in the shape of Punky Brewster.

Autarky.jpg

It's twoo! It's twoo!

Blazing_Saddles_Twoo_Wabbit_Womantic.jpg
On the other hand, why ask me if we have Snopes.com?

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Because I don't trust Snopes.

[OFF]

Me neither. I USED to but then I found out that it's run by 2 people with no qualifications or backgrounds in investigative research. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have qualified people do the job that Snopes is trying to do. And I'd rather have them answerable to a larger organization, like journalists in a newspaper. There are no serious consequences if they make stuff up; they just lose some of their viewership, issue a retraction, and keep on going as normal. And then there's the liberal bias that I've read about.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Because I don't trust Snopes.
. ...it's run by 2 people with no qualifications or backgrounds ...

"did you hear something? I thought I heard--never mind, somebody must had had the "prog off" selected..."

Comrade Ivan, I hope you're not suggesting that The USSA is no more equal than Snopes.com.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:Comrade Ivan, I hope you're not suggesting that The USSA is no more equal than Snopes.com.

Prog Off.png
It's not a suggestion - it's a statement of fact.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:Comrade Ivan, I hope you're not suggesting that The USSA is no more equal than Snopes.com.

Why Comrade! I'm astonished that you would even suggest that I'd violate the sanctity of the "prog off"! I merely demonstrate that Dear Leader (PBUH) is aware of all surroundings...

<off>

Besides, people generally are interested in what Snopes has to say on an issue.

<on>

FLOORWARD!

Since we are talking about Snopes, Comrade Chedoh is too quiet recently.

Indeed, he has. Comrade Chedoh's crimes against the state are numerous and heinous, and occasionally he gets tied up with the usual suspects and even gets caught now and then. I'm sure that he'll turn up again soon...like herpes...