Comrade Swanson and the Troll (Party Members Only)

Cone_of_Silence 5.png
For Party Members Only

Prog Off.png

Many of us recall the push for impeachment Comrade Denis Kucinich undertook toward the end of Bush's second term. I have been looking through the little book he wrote at that time entitled "The 35 Articles of Impeachment and the Case for Prosecuting George W. Bush", and discovered something I hadn't known.

220px-David_Swanson_on_RT_America.jpg
A comrade by the name of David Swanson wrote the principle introduction to Kucinich's diatribe. What's interesting is that Comrade Swanson has been a contributor to The People's Cube (albeit a troll) way back in November of 2006.

The troll Swanson first appeared as "CausalCrunch" and contributed an article entitled Do it Yourself Impeachment-No Joke. I haven't checked thoroughly, but at nearly 500 responses this thread may be a Cube record. I would recommend all of those unfamiliar with this thread to spend some time reviewing it for its laugh value alone.

Apparently, Comrade Swanson is still hard at work soliciting donations at a democrat blog site as well as other locations.

In 2006 our own Comrade Otis (in his Prog Off state) commented as follows:

"I listened to CausalCrunch being interviewed on the radio last week. His real name is David Swanson. It turns out Crunch is the proprietor of ImpeachForPeace.org. And, he's one of the "featured" bloggers at democrats.com."

"I realize Peoples Troll Crunch is old news here. The reason I'm bringing this up is something he said during the interview. When Medved asked him about how he earns his living he said that the owner of democrats.com pays him his entire salary. In other words, democrats.com is paying him a salary to do all of this impeachment stuff he's doing. The owner of democrats.com is Bob Fertik, a democratic party "consultant". Now, I've looked at democrats.com and there is no way the ads there are generating any kind of profits for anyone to live on. Someone is paying all the bills for these "grass-roots" organizers, paying them salaries to live on. My first guess is that the Democratic Party is funneling money to these people. If that's true then what we have going on is a major political party doing what it can to generate a false sense in the country that there is a growing consensus among ordinary people that the president needs to be impeached. In other words a major political party using every dirty trick it can come up with to destroy a democratically elected President of the United States. Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption, but if I'm right, this is big. And very ugly. It would be very interesting to be able to follow the money."

Getting back to Comrade Crunch (or as some were calling him back then, Capt'n Crunch) and his introduction to Kucinich's book; There is one paragraph I find particularly interesting:

Quote: "This collection of impeachable offenses should be viewed as a sampling of
the crimes and abuses of President George W. Bush and his subordinates. Bush
has had many accomplices — first and foremost Vice President Cheney. But our
Founders created a single executive precisely so that we could hold that one person
accountable for the actions of the executive branch.
It is high time we did
so, and millions of Americans will be urging their representatives to support the
effort being led by Congressman Kucinich."

I wonder if Comrade Swanson would be willing to apply this same reasoning to our current president and his accountability. Not likely. There is much, much more to be discovered about Comrade Swanson and hope some Cubist Comrades will take it upon themselves to look further into this matter.

Prog On.jpg

Dr. W. S. Palimpsest wrote:Ah, Chairman, it takes an immeasurable amount of courage to look the self-referential inconsistency--the idea that claiming there is no objective truth is in effect presuming an objective truth--in the eyes and not blink. Logic and reason are but two tools one can use to try to make sense of a senseless, orderless world and they are inherently no better than the other options at our disposal. I prefer peyote, myself.
Where have you gone, Dr. Palimpsest - our Cubists turn our lonely eyes to you - woo woo woo..."

It is truly tragical that I knew not (and naught) of The Cube in 2006...

Captain Craptek wrote:

I wonder if Comrade Swanson would be willing to apply this same reasoning to our current president and his accountability. Not likely. There is much, much more to be discovered about Comrade Swanson and hope some Cubist Comrades will take it upon themselves to look further into this matter.

After long, tedious consideration, I came to the conclusion: NO. In no way due Liberals endorse consistency nor rationality, in their pursuit to destroy their enemy: conservative principles, whomever they hid in. Hussein Obama said himself, "if HE were to become president" that HE would all that phone 'surveillance' that's presently going on. Didn't happened, won't happen. Liberal rail against Republicans/ Conservatives for what they themselves are doing, wish to do or will be doing soon.

*whistles a little tune*

I know somebody who's overdue for a Jiffy-Lobo™...

*whistles some more*

Come now , Komerades. We all know that only conservatives (spit) are to be held accountable for their actions.
And anyways, who is saying our Beloved Leader, Propeller Beanies Upon Him, has done anything wrong in encouraging the IRS and the NSA to follow proper liberal guidelines?

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
Fraulein Frankenfeinstein wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:

After long, tedious consideration, I came to the conclusion: NO. In no way due Liberals endorse consistency nor rationality, in their pursuit to destroy their enemy: conservative principles, whomever they hid in. Hussein Obama said himself, "if HE were to become president" that HE would all that phone 'surveillance' that's presently going on. Didn't happened, won't happen. Liberal rail against Republicans/ Conservatives for what they themselves are doing, wish to do or will be doing soon.

What I believe Die Fraulein MEANT to say was that -- when applying the Rule of Law, or the equal 'protection' of it EQUALLY pursuant to the auspices of the 14th Amendment -- SOME are more EQUAL than others!