Comrades: Help Me Celebrate Next Tuesday™ Next Friday

Best Buddies.jpg
Comrades,

Next Friday, March 14, Marx marks a fateful day - the day in 1883 when the life of our hero and people's benefactor Karl Marx passed quietly into the glorious World of Next Tuesday.™ His contributions to the worker's struggle for freedom from Kapitolist exploitation are, and will always be, unparalleled.

Although I never met the man, it's as though I have always known him. One of the few treasures to be found in this poor squirrel's hovel is the framed photo above, depicting your humble Captain stretched out thoughtfully on The Marx-Engels Forum monument in Berlin. I'll admit it - I often sit staring at this photo for hours after a long day's toil in the parched beet fields. It gives me such peace - such hope for a better tomorrow.

Karl Marx was not only a great philosopher and revolutionary economist. He actually lived the hand-to-mouth existence he so forcefully advocated, drawing most of his income in the form of handouts from his wealthy industrialist friend Friedrich Engels. He was clearly an example for us all - a prog's prog, and a man far ahead of his times.

Engles, shown standing to the left of Marx at The Marx-Engels Forum monument, was so taken by the great economist, that he left Marx's two daughters a large portion of his nearly 5 million dollar estate upon his own death.

I urge all TPC Comrades - join me next Friday in a glorious, collective tribute honoring the life and contributions of the People's Champion - Karl Marx.

A truly glorious photo my dear Comrade!

I can see that the effort that you made to ensure the photographer would capture your best features were not in vain prior to your photo shoot.

squirell camera.jpg

ONWARD TO NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!

Commodore Snoogie Woogums wrote:A truly glorious photo my dear Comrade!

I can see that the effort that you made to ensure the photographer would capture your best features were not in vain prior to your photo shoot.

ONWARD TO NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!

You don't think I may have over done it? Just a little, maybe?

Closeup.jpg

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:
squirrel.gif
Celebrate, you say?

If at first you don't suck seed, try, try again.

How about a song and dance number for the celebration?

wizardofoz13554.jpg

R.O.C.K. in the USSA was a bit too judgmental when he wrote: Celebrate, you say?

Comrade ROCK,

I think you'll agree I do much better with Comrade Putout as my focus. Yes?

Zoetrope 2.gif