Counter-Protesting May Day 2013 in New York's Union Square

May_Day_Union_Sq_Panorama.jpg
This May Day, as every May Day in New York, Union Square became the stage for all sorts of revolutionary theatrics.

The actors included communist groups demanding right to work, labor unions demanding more pay for less work, border jumpers looking for any work, occupiers who don't know what work is, and anarchist kids with slogans like "Never work."

Opposing hundreds of these protesters were two young local students who read the People's Cube. One of them sent us a picture with this little description.

May_Day_Union_Sq_Commies_arent_Cool.jpg
"Many called us assholes and Nazis, but there were some who agreed with us and had conversations. We got interviewed by a couple of college students about the opposition. Some young kids asked us why we disapprove of their march and we explained and tried to persuade them to not be like the leftists. I also spread the word of the People's Cube."
In the spirit of fairness, let's give equal time to the opposition and let them describe the same scene.

May_Day_Union_Sq_FB_Screenshot.jpg
Every New York newspaper I checked gave this May Day rally extremely sympathetic, glowing coverage, describing its angry and paranoid participants as courageous and heroic community activists. They were in the majority, enjoying full support of the media - and yet they felt the need to attack and threaten a couple of counter-protesters who, in contrast, maintained composed and calm demeanor.

Aggression is part of the leftist nature; they wouldn't hesitate to suppress free speech once they have the political power, especially when they know that they are wrong and that the other side knows it too.

So who exactly here thinks like a fascist and who is being courageous? Don't ask the New York media; they wouldn't have the slightest clue.

Dear Comrade Commander of the Peoples Cube, we have bursting pride in your participation in such a Peoples event. To prove I am not a slacker, here is evidentiary proof of your loyal Fraulein's participation in the Show Your Support For Hussein Obama Mary Day Protest.

peoplesprotest.jpg
*please make note your loyal Frau is taking accurate photo and so, not precisely IN the accurate, evidentiary photo.

"The People's Communist for Obama" bumper stick will be available in the Gulag Bar and Sundry at 1:00 pm by the week from next Tuesday!

Dear Fraulein Frankenfeinstein -

Is that you leading the crowd of brave protesters? I hope they never find out that you kept all the money while they kept marching all day out of the sheer love of progress.

Occupy_Old_Lady_Leader.jpg

Red Square wrote:Dear Fraulein Frankenfeinstein -

Is that you leading the crowd of brave protesters? I hope they never find out that you kept all the money while they kept marching all day out of the sheer love of progress.

Most loyal Comrade Commander dear leader, they won't find out unless... umm, someone tells them. I am thinking this is betwixt me and myself... and of course, the Cube, whereupon I will redistribute my vast fortune!!

And yes, that is myself, looking most jolly. Is notprotesting... celebrating glorious!?

My 93-year-old grandmother used to live right near there in the late 1930's. When we visited NYC in the early 1990's we went to Union Square so she could have a look around and she said, "When I lived here in 1939, the commies used to stand in the square on a soap box and tell everyone how bad America was." Nice to see that more than 80 years later, not much has changed. Except instead of a soap box they have Professional looking staging, tents and Twitter. But the message is just as stupid as it was in 1939. The more things change.......... O yea, but I bet they most likely smell just as bad. I wonder what Red Squares Grandparents were doing in 1939. I bet they would have killed someone to live in NYC with the rights and privileges to bitch about how bad things were....

Meanwhile, at the same Union Square rally (via Mediaite):

Local NBC Reporter Hilariously Denies Soviet Flags Present At May Day Rally: ‘What Do They Represent?'

May_Day_Union_Square_Red_Flag.jpg
While covering a May Day rally in Manhattan's Union Square on Wednesday, NBC New York reporter Ida Siegal was cornered and asked if her network planned to show the communist imagery the protesters were displaying. Hilarity ensued when Siegal immediately became defensive, denying she had seen any communist imagery and asking of the “Hammer-and-Sickle” flags: “What do they represent?”
Is this NBC reporter too ignorant or is she too clever?

Suppose those Hammer-and-Sickle emblems were swastikas - after all, the Nazis celebrated May Day as well. Would the dialogue be the same?

Siegal immediately became defensive, denying she had seen any Nazi imagery and asking of the "swastika" flags: “What do they represent?”

To me, both emblems are equally evil. Not so for the leftist media, including reporters like Siegal, for whom some totalitarian emblems are more equal than others.

Here's another report from the same place, by our young friend Gerard, who back in the day used to come to Communists for Kerry events in Union Square.

The Marxists of May

Work_Sucks_May_Day.jpg

And another report just came out from our trusty Red Squirrel.

NY-ICE, May Day aka Commie Day- 2013

Lots of great pictures - highly recommended. Here's just one, generic image:

May_Day_Union_Square_Commies.jpg

I must admit to confusilations, comrades - one sign says "Abolish Work", another says "Grown Ups Need Good Jobs". And the SEIU was there.

It's a good thing the Current Truth is so flexible!

Look... Dear Leader™ made a showing!

my-work-sucks.jpg

Why only three fingers? Cartoon character alert...

three-fingers.jpg