Cuba: Man drinking water fined while standing in food line

From Carlos Eire on the Babalublog

Wait until Michigan Governor Whitmer hears about this!

When it comes to humanitarian compassion,one can always depend on Castro, Inc. to set bright shining examples for the world to follow.

A police officer arrested and imposed a fine of 300 pesos on a young Cuban for removing his face mask to drink water after 8 hours in a queue for food.

This citizen, who was identified as Andy J. Estévez, explained on his Facebook profile that he lives in the Colón neighborhood, in the Centro Habana municipality, and organized with his family to buy some food after 20 days of quarentine at home.

Andy J. Estevez.jpg

“I left at 8 am to check the queues in the Colón neighborhood where I currently reside. After analyzing the panorama, four of us family members decided to strategically split up and stand in different queues. One for detergent in the Tao Market, another for oil in the Chantilly, one for pork in Galeano and Neptuno and another for ground beef in the Liquid House, and return home as quickly as possible and with all the necessary food for at least another 20 days of quarantine, “he said.

However, when he was queuing at the corner of Calle Concordia and Neptuno to buy the pork leg, his grandmother brought him some water from home so he wouldn't lose his place in line, so he quickly pulled away from the queue to drink some of the water.

“At the exact moment that I remove the mask from my mouth, a police patrol car stopped abruptly, as if it were in a Fast and Furious movie, and the driver gets out, starts shouting arrogantly at me for failing to comply with sanitary measures, and tells me to get into the patrol car.”

“I tried to dialogue and explain the situation to him, that I had been in the queue for 8 hours without being able to eat anything, and because of a primary need I was drinking water. His response was even worse, he pushed my grandmother aside,screaming loudly that he didn't care about any explanations from her and she should go away and go to hell.”

… Finally he arrived at the Zanja police station, where they did not listen to reasons either. “There they told me that if I was thirsty I should have gone home. So, is this rational? That I should I lose my entire day, my standing in line, and my food?”

Such enlightened procedures are being attempted more and more in the USSA as we approach the GWONT. Daniel Greenfield (aka Sultan Knish) reports his own enlightening experience in a blog post of 18 April:

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2020/04/idiocy-in-time-of-coronavirus.html

[PROG OFF:]
What I find especially alarming these days is that even many "conservative" commentators who rail against the lockdown seem to be accepting part of it as a given, using the argument that people "know enough to wear masks and maintain social distancing" without being ordered around by the government.

What? Is this Saudi Arabia now, where even men can't go outside without covering their faces, and people must keep a certain amount of distance from each other or be considered the equivalent of whores? For that matter, just as women in Saudi Arabia can't leave their homes without permission from a male relative, no one here is permitted to leave home without permission from the State. Why are people accepting this???

As for the masks and the 6-foot spaces between people, these are all ways of keeping people from communicating with each other and bonding with each other. The masks hide facial expressions and muffle voices, and the "social distancing" prevents private conversations. And, of course, people are being trained to be suspicious of each other: "Don't come near me; you'll contaminate me!" "No mask? You're going to breathe germs all over me!" Once people distrust each other, the only certainty is the State.

[PROG ON:]
Pay no attention to the above. My account was obviously hacked by Trumpists.

RedDiaperette wrote:Such enlightened procedures are being attempted more and more in the USSA as we approach the GWONT. Daniel Greenfield (aka Sultan Knish) reports his own enlightening experience in a blog post of 18 April:

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2020/04/idiocy-in-time-of-coronavirus.html

[PROG OFF:]
What I find especially alarming these days is that even many "conservative" commentators who rail against the lockdown seem to be accepting part of it as a given, using the argument that people "know enough to wear masks and maintain social distancing" without being ordered around by the government.

[PROG OFF AS WELL:]

I've only been watching politics for about a decade now, but it seems to me that the conservative movement has slowly been herded into the same basic form of statism that the left has happily espoused for at least a century. Instead of being done through radicalisation, it's been done through relief valves. The "Tea Party" movement was the first of the big release valves, and Trump is the second. You don't have to use guns to get people to lay down if they're already docile and willing to lay down when you tell them.

Further, many Trump people who ahve come to the right-wing are brand-spanking-new to the right wing, and thus haven't been schooled on the real history of America. The right wing, which used to pride itself on a strong understanding of the facts of our nation's founding, has now been diluted and rigged with progressive sleeper agents, made that way by the school system. And the ones who used to be strong have been pacified by the statist astroturf campaign known as the "Thin Blue Line" campaign.

RedDiaperette wrote:
What? Is this Saudi Arabia now, where even men can't go outside without covering their faces, and people must keep a certain amount of distance from each other or be considered the equivalent of whores? For that matter, just as women in Saudi Arabia can't leave their homes without permission from a male relative, no one here is permitted to leave home without permission from the State. Why are people accepting this???

See the school system, chiefly. And the general air of authoritarianism that has infected this country. You have to do what the weatherman tells you, you have to do what the news anchor tells you, you have to do what the teacher tells you, you have to do what the cop tells you, and finally, you have to do what the state tells you. You must bow down, you must obey, you must surrender. As Bill Hicks said "You're free - to do as we tell you!"

American culture has been transformed from freedom, liberty, and independence to collectivism and order-taking. I think that our ancestors will consider our blind order-following to be the same as the blind order-following that was condemned at the Nuremburg Trials. Only the loss of liberty will result in much more than 6 million lives being lost. It could very well go into the billions until the next Enlightenment comes around. If it comes around.

RedDiaperette wrote:
As for the masks and the 6-foot spaces between people, these are all ways of keeping people from communicating with each other and bonding with each other. The masks hide facial expressions and muffle voices, and the "social distancing" prevents private conversations. And, of course, people are being trained to be suspicious of each other: "Don't come near me; you'll contaminate me!" "No mask? You're going to breathe germs all over me!" Once people distrust each other, the only certainty is the State.

People answer their own questions more often than they realize.

They learned their lesson with the USSR, at least in the USSR people talked and knew it was a shit system, and talked about how shit it was. But now we're proudly marching behind an American flag into the pit of communism, and everybody must blindly follow the state, because they're too suspicious to talk to each-other and realize that America is being fast-tracked into that same shit system. I'd argue we're already there, all the triggers just haven't been pulled yet.

Why do you think they've stalled the economy for so long? So that they can swoop in, nationalise it, and convert it into state-directed centrally-controlled manufacturing.

Compassion without coersion is useless.

Red Square wrote:Compassion without coersion is useless.

If the State doesn't tell the little people what's good for them, how will they KNOW what's good for them?

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:

If the State doesn't tell the little people what's good for them, how will they KNOW what's good for them?

I imagine that the State has told Senior Estévez that it wasn't good for him to put that on the interwebs.

Cradle to Grave Marxist wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:

I imagine that the State has told Senior Estévez that it wasn't good for him to put that on the interwebs.

And don't forget about Granny, the instigator of this entire act of lawless compassion.