Dems get *giddy* at prospect of having more STUPID VOTERS!!

Young Voters Becoming Even More Democratic?

by Jonathan Singer, Tue Jun 26, 2007 at 11:58:07 PM EST
MyDD

I've been trying to track the transformational potential of the Bush presidency -- how the tenure of George W. Bush could change the electorate for decades to come to become significantly more Democratic -- for some time. Back before the election, for instance, I pointed to the argument that once political and partisan leanings are enshrined in young voters, as they appeared to be doing last fall, they tend stay with that cohort for as long as that cohort stays in the electorate.

Exit polling from last November's elections indicated that younger voters -- those age 18 to 29 -- were more likely than any other age group to vote for Democrats, backing Democratic House candidates over GOP candidates by a whopping 60 percent to 38 percent margin (up from 55 percent to 44 percent in the 2004 House elections). Subsequent polling undertaken by Pew back in January also indicated a decidedly Democratic and progressive lean to the group they labeled as "generation next." And now a new survey (.pdf) commissioned by The New York Times, CBS News and MTV finds that younger voters look a lot more Democratic and progressive than the electorate as a whole.

Ah yes, the mythical “progressive youth” vote is making headlines again (this time without Joe Trippi gushing).

We all damn well know that these idiots have better things to do than vote. Why, they have to smoke some grass, watch some tele-tubbies, smoke some more grass, and, after an exhausting day of nothing, take their bearded girlfriends out to get that abortion they've been planning for 6 weeks.

Yes, the Dems just LOVE pretending that we youngsters come out to vote for their failed policies and irrational approach to foreign policy.

Hmm, this reminds me of a funny story:

Its primary day, I'm sick as a dog but want to vote. So, I get on a clean shirt, go in my PJ bottoms (with Snoopy on them!!), and don't bother to fix up my hair or nothing. I mean, I'm sick folks and got to' get to them damn polls to elect my boy Quayle!

Anywho, I finally show up (with mother in tow, she has to vote as well) and reach the “sign in” table where I'm asked party affiliation. I get up there and the Dem. witch sees me, I'm wearing PJs, unshaven, ruffed up hair, got my ear piercings in and I'm looking like the traditional Dem. Slacker demographic. Wow, was she discouraged when I told her I'm voting straight party ticket REPUBLICAN. My goodness, the look on her face was PRICELESS! She then waddled off like they all do to her corner as I took my ballot and merrily filled in the bubbles with the (R) by the candidates name. Poor woman, I felt so bad for her that I actually decided to talk to her for a few minutes. I asked her, “So, getting a lot of folks my age to come in and vote for your party?”, “No.” she replied. “Oh, I see.” I said, “Judging by your appearance I thought you might be a Dem. Voter” she mumbled back. “Nope, sorry, I'm a staunch conservative and like to come out and vote to defeat communism once again every chance I can get. You do realize that I missed the whole falling of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of the Soviet Union; I was after all born in 1986” I said. “Yeah, well, it's been slow all day so it's no big deal” she chirped back and then, finally, I got sick of having fun at her expense and left. I can't have to much fun licking up the tears of disgruntled Dems when I have other things to do like school work and spending copious amounts of time on the Cube. I hope you all understand that.

And that, comrades, is the difference between Dem youth and Repub youth... WE REPUBS COME OUT TO VOTE!

P.S Dem Parents - Once your kids get around me I will have them voting THE STRAIGHT REPUBLICAN PARTY TICKET. Yes, I'm a bad influence on the kids you decided not to abort, more bad than your daughters drug pushing biker boyfriend who you think is "cool" <gasp>!!! Yes! I'll take that joint right out of their little grubby hand and get them hooked on a real drug... that drug being EL RUSHBO! <double gasp!!!> You know El Rushbo is the gateway drug... before you know it they will be watching Fox News <gasp!> listening to Hannity <gasp!> and... possibly the worst of all... they will be reading... ANN COULTER BOOKS <gasp!!!!><clinches chest><gasp for air><passes out>

This article excerpt you post runs contrary to what I have read elsewhere about my generation (I am 25). Shortly before the 2004 failed revolution, I read that young people of this same age range were more KKKonservative than their parents, which was a reaction to the previous generation's party called the 1960s. It could be that professors did a better job at getting the minority progressive youth out to vote, while the KKKonservative youths did something with their lives.

This, in turn, reminds me of a quote: "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." -Winston Churchill.

The Party must not make the mistake in assuming that the fact the 2006 revolution was successful because more voters are becoming useful idiots. We have to remember that many RepubliKKKanazi voters stayed home, or had other things to do, like that dreaded four letter word- WORK!

The young people vote democrat in hopes that by the time they reach the age where they will have to be responsible for themselves, the revolution will have come and taken all of their responsibilities away. How honorable and brave of them!

Comrade Branish wrote:We have to remember that many RepubliKKKanazi voters stayed home, or had other things to do, like that dreaded four letter word- WORK!

Yes, that and of course the influx of dead voters, Undocumented-American voters, registered Animal-American voters, Multiple voters, Instituionalized-American voters and all of those wandering souls who we threw on a bus, handed out an "instruction sheet" and told them that if they vote for the Party ticket they will recieve five dollars. We mustn't forget their sacrifice on Election Day, comrades. Putting down that 40 and not hitting your girlfriend long enough to come vote the Party ticket is an awful lot of "work" if you ask me.