District 214 Fights Michelle's Mandated Program

[img]/images/Hunger_Games_Michelle_Lunch.jpg[/img]

We have a crisis. District 214 revolted at Michelle's lunch program. We cannot let other districts know about this or else they will revolt. We must continue our Hunger Games and declare District 214 destroyed for our Dear Leader. This will prevent further revolts and a revolution.

Please do not let this message slip to the masses for it is only for the collective members. Snitches shall be punished.

Alas, there's no one to blame but FLATUS. If you roll out something revolting, you have to expect the people will in fact revolt.

Who really cares about what kids have for school lunches ? Let them eat cake !

Let's not forget about what's truly important here.........

And that is ensuring Michelle and her daily entourage have their $400 lobster lunches while discussing the next government health mandate so they can feel good about themselves afterwards.

Comrades this is a serious dangerous moment. Apparently the agitators have infiltrated at least one of our youth indoctrination centers schools. I think all children under public re-education doctrine should be compelled to express their loyalty and joy in song and gesture to honor Dear Leader. The following video exhibits approved content except for the snarky editing, a defacement by some malcontent. Ignore the ending clip of this video also. As the black and white grainy dated images suggest, there is no comparison between the sincere love and worship of Dear Leader today, and the forced brainwashing of the complicit privileged white youth of Nazi Germany in 1939. Once we clean this up, it should be looped and playing in all our liberal institutions of acquired thought schools.

Comrades!!!!!

I was browsing through the book of face and found a comment from Comrade Carpenter, "Why don't parents feed there own children?".
What a disgrace!! Parents don't own children, the government does. You should know by now that the government owns everything and not a person owns anything.

Remember Comrades, Dear Leader is always watching.

I don't know who Comrade Carpenter is but I know that parents can't be trusted with children. The Party™ does everything for The Children™. All parents do is corrupt the innocence of future workers that survive the pre-selection process. This cannot be allowed!

Krasnodar wrote:Who really cares about what kids have for school lunches ? Let them eat cake !
But Moo Cares!™

Psychologist: Minorities Are Obese Because of Racism

A study by Rutgers University – Newark claims that minorities are obese because racial microaggressions cause them to eat fast food and avoid exercise.

“When you are exposed to negative stereotypes, you may gravitate more toward unhealthy foods as opposed to healthy foods,” said Luis Rivera, the experimental social psychologist who conducted the study.

“You may have a less positive attitude toward watching your carbs or cutting back on fast food, and toward working out and exercising,” he explained.

https://www.nationalreview.com/article/ ... rine-timpf

So, Comrades we must combat this racism inherent in skinny people. Clearly Moochelle understands how racism can make people fat. It's, obviously, racism that's leading school districts, all over the country, to reject her anti-racist anti-fat lunch program. What are we to do about this?

Prog Off.png

I designed similar "studies" back in the 70's. I also conducted the statistical analysis and wrote the final publication papers. Oh, and one other thing; I applied for the grants that made it all possible.

You probably won't be surprised to learn "these studies" are often (usually) misinterpreted and/or misunderstood by journalists who tend to cherry-pick tidbits that support their preconceived notions. Personally, I'm tired of paying for copies of these "studies" only to discover poor design, biased researchers, and sloppy analysis. In most cases the studies do NOT support the claims made by the "journalist" writing the story.

If you'd care to invest in a copy of this study here's how;

Abstract

View Full Article (HTML) Enhanced Article (HTML) Get PDF (140K)

The authors draw upon social, personality, and health psychology to propose and test a self-stereotyping and psychological resource model of overweight and obesity. The model contends that self-stereotyping depletes psychological resources, namely self-esteem, that help to prevent overweight and obesity. In support of the model, mediation analysis demonstrates that adult Hispanics who highly self-stereotype had lower levels of self-esteem than those who self-stereotype less, which in turn predicted higher levels of body mass index (overweight and obesity levels). Furthermore, the model did not hold for the referent sample, White participants, and an alternative mediation model was not supported. These data are the first to theoretically and empirically link self-stereotyping and self-esteem (a psychological resource) with a strong physiological risk factor for morbidity and short life expectancy in stigmatized individuals. Thus, this research contributes to understanding ethnic-racial health disparities in the United States and beyond.
-------

How to Cite

Rivera, L. M. and Paredez, S. M. (2014), Stereotypes Can “Get Under the Skin”: Testing a Self-Stereotyping and Psychological Resource Model of Overweight and Obesity. Journal of Social Issues, 70: 226–240. doi: 10.1111/josi.12057

Author Information

1Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
2California State University, San Bernardino
*Correspondence concerning this article should be addressed to Luis M. Rivera, Department of Psychology, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07102 [e-mail: [email protected]].

This research was [highlight=#FFFF99]partially supported by a National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities grant (1P20MD002722) to Luis M. Rivera[/highlight]. We thank Elizabeth Brondolo, Donna Garcia, and two anonymous reviewers for their thoughtful comments on an earlier version of this manuscript.

Publication History
Issue published online: 11 JUN 2014
Article first published online: 11 JUN 2014

Funded by
National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities. Grant Number: 1P20MD002722

Comrade Craptek, the "journalists" are simply advancing The Party™ version of The Current Truth™. Whether or not the "studies" support the premise the "journalist" advances is irrelevant as long as the "journalist" can make them appear supportive. Even if The People™ question the premise (which The Party™ actively discourages), they're unlikely to dig deeper to discover anything other than what a "journalist" feeds them. Thus, The Party™ can continue to advance the notion that lack of personal responsibility is someone else's fault and that the individual is a victim and needs The Party™ to protect them from the faceless evil enemies of The People™. It doesn't matter how absurd the premise is, either, as long as a large number of under informed voters have their personal victimhood status reaffirmed. It's a marvelous and very effective political tactic with the added advantage of portraying the guilt free as guilty and, thus, justifying The Party™ policy of wealth confiscation.

FORWARD

I miss Comrade Pinkie's Beet of the Week awards. Clearly, the children are not in tuned to our ways.

Hammer and Loupe wrote:I miss Comrade Pinkie's Beet of the Week awards.[highlight=#ffff00] Clearly, the children are not in tuned to our ways[/highlight].
Agreed, Comrade H&L. And clearly, too, the children need to be taught not only to obey their benevolent leaders' mandates and to eat the food so compassionately forced lavished upon them, but to enjoy the food as well. ("You must not only agree that two and two are five if the State says so; you must also believe that two and two are five.")

RedDiaperette wrote:You must not only agree that two and two are five if the State says so; you must also believe that two and two are five.

Are you suggesting that this is not so, comrade RedD? I must warn you that any departure from strict adherence to Party™ directives will be considered subversive and punishable by whatever means of psychological realignment is deemed necessary by The Party™. Perhaps a cold cell listening to Rick Astley tunes and speeches from Paris Hilton (concurrently) will be sufficient to cure you of doubt of the supremacy of The Party™. The Party™ will cure you of thought...........

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
RedDiaperette wrote:You must not only agree that two and two are five if the State says so; you must also believe that two and two are five.

Are you suggesting that this is not so, comrade RedD? I must warn you that any departure from strict adherence to Party™ directives will be considered subversive and punishable by whatever means of psychological realignment is deemed necessary by The Party™. Perhaps a cold cell listening to Rick Astley tunes and speeches from Paris Hilton (concurrently) will be sufficient to cure you of doubt of the supremacy of The Party™. The Party™ will cure you of thought...........
Au contraire, Comrade Hippety-Hop. If you will reread my post, you will see that I am describing what recalcitrant students (i.e., those who dare to question Dear Leaderess's mandates) should have been taught but have obviously not been taught. The quotation is from Party directives as taught in special (re)education classes in Room 101.

RedDiaperette wrote:Au contraire, Comrade Hippety-Hop. If you will reread my post, you will see that I am describing what recalcitrant students (i.e., those who dare to question Dear Leaderess's mandates) should have been taught but have obviously not been taught. The quotation is from Party directives as taught in special (re)education classes in Room 101.

My apologies, comrade RedD. The tears in my eyes, over the atrocious level of education in this country, seems to have obscured, from my sight, the quotation marks. I must admit that I was startled to observe that such a reliable Party™ member as yourself was straying from established Party™ doctrine. I'm pleased to know I was mistaken.