Doctor Obama, I Presume...

Wow... Congratulations Neighbours to the South.

Barack Obama has just announced he'll throw his hat in the potential Presidential ring, if YOU are willing to do the work for him... hold hands with him... take a walk with him... look to the future with him... dream the impossible dream with him(sorry... couldn't resist the Man of La Mancha/Don Quixote reference)... in other words, he'll do what you do... he'll commit to what you commit to... He'll listen carefully to what you want and then he'll do that because that's how you win an election! An then, you're screwed.

Up here, we call this strategy "Playing Doctor"... I'll show mine if you show me yours.

Ooooh... yours is wrinkley and funny coloured...

But no matter what happens, dear neighbours, I promise I didn't accidentally push any buttons this time...
xoxo
SMO

From Springfield, Illinois

"With malice towards capital and charity for all....."

"that we here highly resolve that these dead shall have died in vain--that Iraq, under Sharia, shall have a new birth of despotism--and that government of the mullah, by the imam, for the jihad, shall not perish from the earth."

My prediction:

Hillary/Barack HUSSIEN

Image Rudy/Newt

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:My prediction:

Hillary/Barack HUSSIEN

Rudy/Newt
My thoughts exactly.

BTW, if Rudy were a Democrat, the media would present him as the first Italian-American candidate whose parents had experienced the oppression and discrimination, etc. - just like Kennedy was the first Irish Catholic president. He'd be just like Obama (replace African for Italian).

But it seems that with the GOP ethnicity doesn't matter that much as long as you are qualified to be an oppressive, war-mongering, knuckle-dragging corporate fascist. Which is how Rudy was described by "progressive youth" of New York when I first settled there. He was the left's official nazi punching bag, but the Dems who opposed him publicly would privately cheer his efforts to bring New York back to life after decades of Democratic rule. Nobody likes to get mugged every time you run to a corner store, even if you are a staunch liberal Democrat.

Newt won't be on any ticket (although he is most qualified and should be President). Too polarizing...unfortunately.

Who would I like to see? Guilanni/Santorum...a true conservative who could carry the torch after Rudy <sigh> I think its going to be a very long 10 years ahead...

New headline:

"Evoking Lincoln, Obama announces candidacy, plans to invade and burn the South if elected"

LOL... My father and I were talking about Lincoln all day after Barack's Hollywood production... ugh...Lincoln.

I don't know, Pravda - Newt is Rudy's man to hang on to the South and the arch conservatives (or should I say the W.A.S.P?). Rudy has to have a protestant to balance out the ticket for states like Georgia, Alabama, VA ect. ect. ect. besides, Newt would make a great insurance policy since the left hates his guts. Santorum won't work because he lost his own state and those feelings will still be lingering with the electorate... people want winners, not someone who lost (although I really like Santorum and hope the higher ups give him a position on the national committee). Hmm, what else can I rant about... oh yeah, I have a "hunch" that Newt and Rudy might be negotiating behind closed doors about a possible ticket... wouldn't surprise me and this might explain Newt's reluctance to announce he is in the running.

Hmmm..... would be mighty interesting if Al Gore would to toss his name into the mix.... mighty interesting indeed.

More than anything, it's kinda sad that we hear what should be evocative speeches that have the potential to move us to noble, even sublime thought and action, and we can't help but be cynical and suspicous. No doubt words have always been used to manipulate, but they also spurred ordinary people to do the extraordinary and strive for better - and now all we can be is suspicious of them. That's sad.

Yeah... I know that's an incredibly naive attitude, and that the grown-up world is never that accommodating to children and small animals, but it would be nice... or am I just being ridiculously sentimental?

I agree, SMO - it would be nice to take the words of our leaders and become emboldened by their idealism for a brighter future. Reagan had that ability to make everyone feel good (although I was still in diapers and spent my early childhood in the shadow oh... dum dum dum, CLINTON!). I do hope though that Rudy is the kind of leader that can make the right side of the aisle feel enthused, idealistic and hopeful again. Don't get me wrong though; I love W and the work (for the most part <cough> immigration <cough><cough>) that he is doing... but he doesn't have the "gift of gab" which everyone is clamoring for... especially the younger folks like myself. So yes, it would be nice to "dream" again... and we need Rudy for this assignment.

Something odd just struck me, looking over to the left of the posting area to the pictures of Hillar... Kerry... and the pictures of politicians on both sides that I've been looking at all day on TV, online and in the paper, from both sides of the aisle...

I'd love for Laika to be President... Damn handsome canine! Noble... Strong Visage... Cute... I even feel better when Laika's on my T-shirt... Is that silly? I just love that dark little nose... the slight whiskering - subtle yet sweet... those little comb-teeth in the front for preening... the way the little ears poke through the space cap... the intelligent eyes... A president you can respect, but that you also just want to cuddle...

Yeah... I think Laika would be a leader I could live with... and who's messes I wouldn't mind stooping to scoop...

The best line brom Bourak yesterday:

"By ourselves, this change will not happen. Divided, we are bound to fail."

Duh, WTF do you think you and your party have been doing to America since 9/11 Senator? Or are you talking about your own criminal party from within?

It sickens me that that he would choose Springfield and Lincoln to invoke.
3,000 Yankees died at Cold Harbor, VA in 3 minutes, not 4 years. Lincoln went through Pope, McClellan (twice), Burnsides, Meade, then finally Grant, who was considered a butcher, but got the job done. Sherman would make these piss ant coward Democrats faint with his theory on war. God forbid we get a C-in-C like Obama or Hillary.

OK, Osama Obama Bahama mama.

How about the Republican candidate steal from Kennedy?

From Sistah Souljah
I'd love for Laika to be President...

Today, I announce my candidacy for President of These United States of America and I'm going to shamelessly paraphrase JFK to remind these pussy-whipped, whiny, mealy-mouthed Democritters, who don't have the testicles, guts, or brains to face the real problems in the world today and prefer to stick their heads in the ground like frightened ostriches and have offered not a single solution.

“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”

I'm talking to you, Radical Islam.

“In the long history of the world only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom from its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility – I welcome it.”

Again, I'm talking to you, Radical Islam.

"Our true choice is not between tax reduction, on the one hand, and the avoidance of large Federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits… In short, it is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now."

Stick that up your twat Hillary and any other Democritter who wants to crush the middle class and reduce this country to a two class system....Welfare and Government Nannies.

Freedom or Slavery America, it's your choice in 2008!

SMO said:
Yeah... I know that's an incredibly naive attitude, and that the grown-up world is never that accommodating to children and small animals, but it would be nice... or am I just being ridiculously sentimental?
No, but you completely neglected our comrades appliances and vegetables!!

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:My prediction:

Hillary/Barack HUSSIEN

Image Rudy/Newt
Is Obama preparing to stick tounge in Hillary mouth??

Laika the Space Dog wrote:The best line brom Bourak yesterday:
"By ourselves, this change will not happen. Divided, we are bound to fail.".... OK, Osama Obama Bahama mama.

As I was typing his name yesterday, and considering the spelling it occurred to me that it appears to be derived from the Hebrew Baruch (sometimes Barak, Barek, etc. etc. in English). Many names are of Hebrew derivation, either biblically or simply as words... Baruch (pronounced in Hebrew BA-ROOCH - the CH being gutteral, means "blessing" or "to bless" depending on whether you use it as a noun or verb... there being only about 3000 root words in biblical/ancient Hebrew... it may even be older.. Aramaic... as are the male and female Hebrew root words for 'you'... but I digress, terribly...

Anyhoo... I thought to myself, he's gonna have some doozies of a nickname(s)... There's the instant and obvious Osama derivations that Laika touched on, as well as the reference to the childrens name game that always pops into my head when I hear Obama... Banana-Nana-Foe-Fana... OBama-mama-O-sama-rama.. Barack-Buck-Co-Cuck-Cuck.. Oooh Fuck...

I can't remember the exact rules... there are rules to what letters you pick up and drop, but I think it comes close...

But then there's plays on his first name by itself... J just pulled a package of bourekas out of the freezer to defrost... They're called bourekas in Hebrew, but I don't know if the word is Arabic or Greek or what... or if bourekas is plural... if it is, is a bourek singular? They are a tasty snack (a meal in your hand, even)... flaky pastry filled with just about anything... potatoes and onion... sometimes cheese... spinach... though you don't often find bourekas with much meat to them... which is an interesting coincidence... Anyway... just musing... silly Sunday things... got a bit of a headache, and didn't sleep so well so that's probably got something to do with it...

Can anyone else think of some more names? We're gonna have to sooner or later...

Am quite pleased to see Laika took my desire to invest the office of the President with a canine presence seriously.... but more on that later...

For the moment, NAMES people! We needs silly and juvenile nicknames!

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:it appears to be derived from the Hebrew Baruch (sometimes Barak, Barek, etc. etc. in English).
Well, in Russian that would be Boris. Which is a Slavic name, but a lot of Soviet Jews named their boys Boris because, I assume, it was the closest approximation to Baruch. Boria for short.

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:I just pulled a package of bourekas out of the freezer to defrost... flaky pastry filled with just about anything... potatoes and onion... sometimes cheese...
Well, again, in the Motherland it's "cheburek" (stress on last syllable). Plural = "Chebureki." Which adds a nice revolutionary touch of "Che" to it. So it looks like a full name - Che Burek.

I remember them with fondness. Usually they are made with juicy ground pork, which probably explains why that variety wasn't popular in Israel. I think it originated in either Central Asia or the Caucasus (it could be made with lamb originally), but it's become a staple snak in all Soviet republics.

Laika wrote:The best line brom Bourak yesterday:
The name "Bourak" has the most sinister implications. As we remember, Bourak in the Koran was half-human and half animal, whom Mohammed rode to Jerusalem, descending on the place of Solomon Temple, on top of which Al Aqsa Memorial Mosque was later built - itself a symbol of what the whole Middle East conflict is about. So is this the same Bourak who will carry Mohammed on his back again, giving the Prophet another free ride to Israel? Bourak is also part of Ahmadinejad's grand vision of Armageddon. I wonder if the Mullas in Tehran are thinking along the same lines. What seems crazy for us, is bread and butter for them. One man's insanity is another man's political planning.

I don' know, comrades - this Barack is a pretty arti***ate guy... very cl*** and arti***ate... he has to be the veep! He has to be!

I was watching C-Span last night and some caller called in asking if Barack was Irish because of his name "Obama", as in O'Bama... I fell down laughing because it was a Dem. caller who was singing the praises of Bobby, Teddy and other Massachusetts types... ahh yes, C-Span; I never tire of their antics (or their brain dead callers). Let me see, hmmm, juvenile names... I'll have to give that some thought, nothing seems to be coming off the top of my head right now.

Obama discovers his Irish roots to get more votes? Barak O'Bama? Is there an Irish first name that sounds like Barak? Must ask General Secretary, he should know.

Red Square wrote:Obama discovers his Irish roots to get more votes? Barak O'Bama? Is there an Irish first name that sounds like Barak? Must ask General Secretary, he should know.

I told you... Potato Barack-Ass O'Bama... and his Lucky Charms!!!...

O'Brien won't get upset, will he?

I smell shillelaghs....

Upset? Me? I have no ethnic heritage, I am simply of The Party.

O'Brien

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

I still smell shillelaghs... where's the Chairman?....

Upset? Me? I have no ethnic heritage, I am simply of The Party.

Created artificially by the party as a new race of super-equals to be cloned for the rest of time in order to be the same as everyone else.