ESPN removes Robert Lee from calling game due to his name

Trying to avoid one kind of social media backlash, ESPN has stumbled into another with Asian announcer Robert Lee no longer assigned to call the University of Virginia's home football opener in Charlottesville.

This decision came following the violence that broke out earlier this month at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, protesting plans to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

Here are two Robert Lees.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Robert_LeeX2.jpg[/img]

Will these other assorted Robert Lees also lose their jobs?

[img]/images/various_uploads/Robert_Lee_Various.jpg[/img]

Will statues and memorials of Bruce Lee be next?

Well that's just great. Now that he's not announcing an obscure college basketball game, how am I supposed to go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' non-white thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

I tremble for the future of William Jefferson Davis Clinton....

ESPN is the athletic left arm of the Democratic Party, the same party that with FDR at the helm, sent Asian Americans to internment camps. Their slogan may as well be...

ESPN: Giving Asians the shaft since 1942

And yet another fitting slogan:

[img]/images/various_uploads/ESPN_Arm_of_Democrats.jpg[/img]

Robert Lee conducting ESPN broadcast from Gettysburg..."and it's Joshua Chamberlain with the block at Little Round Top..."

[img]/images/various_uploads/Robert_Lee_Announcer.jpg[/img]

Boycott Robert E. Lee blue jeans & their hateful supremacist slogans!

Tell me if these marketing slogans are not a subliminal supremacist subversion:

1. A Lee is you
  2. A Lee never ages
  3. A city is yours
  4. Get what fits
  5. Riders of fame (this one, comrades, is the worst!)

[img]/images/various_uploads/Lee_Jeans_Boycott.jpg[/img]

Actuall-Lee I have a Stonewall in from of my Pickett fence. I'm doomed.

How many Asian people use the last name "Lee"? This is a problem. We previously had a Chinese restaurant in town called Lee's Chinese Restaurant. This is disconcerting. How were we so blind to this blatant racist association? First we must do the obvious thing and tear down the old Lee's Chinese Restaurant building. Making a stand is always the right thing to do.

Then we must consider reconstituting Executive Order 9066, the responsible Democrat solution to the Japanese threat of 1942. We can not tolerate all these Lee reminders openly walking on our streets. You may be thinking Japanese do not use the name Lee. Japanese are trying to fry under the radar by camouflaging their Lee names. They plan to escape by pronouncing it Rii. Pathetic.

lee.PNG

Now that our eyes are opened . . . Does a Hollywood Star exist for Jamie Lee Curtis? Lee Marvin? Bruce Lee? Forget wall construction - We will be too busy with deconstruction for some time.

During the mysterious events of 1939 - 1945, when American and British aggression curtailed a German plan to bring peace to the whole world, some British white men used the

leeenfield.jpg

Lee-Enfield rifle!

I'm just glad that General Hooker was on the Union side in this conflict, or else the nation's toiling sex workers they would have to change the name of their occupation from "hooker" to something less oppressive and find themselves a more progressive patron saint.

At one of the entrances to Massachusetts State House in Boston there is a statue of General Hooker next to the sign on the gate that says, "General Hooker Entrance." I stood there for an hour but didn't notice any hookers entering. I guess it was too early in the day for that. Or the term was applied metaphorically to politicians and their staff.

[img]/images/various_uploads/General_Hooker.jpg[/img]

WikiPaedia wrote:There is a popular legend that "hooker" as a slang term for a prostitute is derived from his last name because of parties and a lack of military discipline at his headquarters near the Murder Bay district of Washington, DC. Some versions of the legend claim that the band of prostitutes that followed his division were derisively referred to as "General Hooker's Army" or "Hooker's Brigade." However, the term "hooker" was used in print as early as 1845, years before Hooker was a public figure, and is likely derived from the concentration of prostitutes around the shipyards and ferry terminal of the Corlear's Hook area of Manhattan in the early to middle 19th century, who came to be referred to as "hookers". The prevalence of the Hooker legend may have been at least partly responsible for the popularity of the term. There is some evidence that an area in Washington, DC, known for prostitution during the Civil War, was referred to as "Hooker's Division".

Toppling his statue would have been a national tragedy indeed.

Minitrue wrote:During the mysterious events of 1939 - 1945, when American and British aggression curtailed a German plan to bring peace to the whole world, some British white men used the

leeenfield.jpg

Lee-Enfield rifle!
So triggered.

Red Square wrote:I'm just glad that General Hooker was on the Union side in this conflict, or else the nation's toiling sex workers they would have to change the name of their occupation from "hooker" to something less oppressive and find themselves a more progressive patron saint.

At one of the entrances to Massachusetts State House in Boston there is a statue of General Hooker next to the sign on the gate that says, "General Hooker Entrance." I stood there for an hour but didn't notice any hookers entering. I guess it was too early in the day for that. Or the term was applied metaphorically to politicians and their staff.

[img]/images/various_uploads/General_Hooker.jpg[/img]

WikiPaedia wrote:There is a popular legend that "hooker" as a slang term for a prostitute is derived from his last name because of parties and a lack of military discipline at his headquarters near the Murder Bay district of Washington, DC. Some versions of the legend claim that the band of prostitutes that followed his division were derisively referred to as "General Hooker's Army" or "Hooker's Brigade." However, the term "hooker" was used in print as early as 1845, years before Hooker was a public figure, and is likely derived from the concentration of prostitutes around the shipyards and ferry terminal of the Corlear's Hook area of Manhattan in the early to middle 19th century, who came to be referred to as "hookers". The prevalence of the Hooker legend may have been at least partly responsible for the popularity of the term. There is some evidence that an area in Washington, DC, known for prostitution during the Civil War, was referred to as "Hooker's Division".

Toppling his statue would have been a national tragedy indeed.
True, I'll Grant that wouldn't be anything to Bragg about.

Sorry to burst your bubble, boys, but Hooker has to go as well. Here's why.

1. Most of the people who are bent on toppling statues cannot tell the difference between Union and Confederate soldiers, so it needs to be destroyed to prevent one of these confused people from being scared by the statue of a Union soldier that they thought might be a Confederate soldier.

2. He is a white man, which in itself is a hate crime against a person of color.

3. He's a white man on a horse, proof that he is both a male supremacist and a white supremacist.

4. He's a white man who fought to preserve the Union. The Union is the United States. He is therefor a Nazi because all white Americans are Nazis.

Are we also going to ban Sara Lee desserts? Kathie Lee Gifford? Lee Majors, the Six Million Dollar Man?

And what about Forrest? Forrest Gump? He was named after Nathan Bedford Forrest. Should we ban the movie and confiscate some Oscars?

The great state of confusion over the Monumentally Racist Monuments kerfluffle, has a bright side, in my humble opinion..
If a national broadcast company is forced to commit a racist act in order to not appear racist, it means we are WINNING!

Ivan Betinov wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, boys, but Hooker has to go as well. Here's why.

1. Most of the people who are bent on toppling statues cannot tell the difference between Union and Confederate soldiers, so it needs to be destroyed to prevent one of these confused people from being scared by the statue of a Union soldier that they thought might be a Confederate soldier.

2. He is a white man, which in itself is a hate crime against a person of color.

3. He's a white man on a horse, proof that he is both a male supremacist and a white supremacist.

4. He's a white man who fought to preserve the Union. The Union is the United States. He is therefor a Nazi because all white Americans are Nazis.
The consensus is in and the history is settled. Now to punish the dissenters. Oh, chills, this reminds me of the good old days!

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
The consensus is in and the history is settled. Now to punish the dissenters. Oh, chills, this reminds me of the good old days!
Komrade! Are you saying (crushes beer can on forehead) Next Tuesday is here???

It's bad enough that I had to stop wearing Levi's because the name sounds Zionist, now I can't wear Lee's either.

Life imitates the People's Cube:

Dem Rep Jackson Lee Calls Asian Announcer Robert Lee's Removal from Game Discrimination

I wonder if she acted out of her own selfish interest, being named after both Jackson and Lee.

Queen of triple-crown weave, "She-Jac" should be purged as she is offensive to all but the voters of the 19th district of Houston, but dammit she carries the double-layered protection of victimhood by being a womyn of color...

And to think it could have been over....

As our friend Mr. Pinko has pointed out -

Funny how those offended by the name Robert Lee were cool with Hussein as president.

Will ESPN not show any teams that have Jeffersons, Jacksons, and Lees. Also, the government stopped Jeffersons from being made into currency. Alexander Hamilton should be removed from the 10 dollar bill due to buying slaves for others especially in his family.