Extinction Rebellion Communication Head Quits

Extinction-Rebellion-Zion-Lights.jpg

Extinction Rebellion Communication Head Quits After Researching Nuclear Power

Zion Lights, who featured in WUWT last October when BBC Andrew Neil shredded her defence of Extinction Rebellion on national TV, has quit Extinction Rebellion and defected to the pro-nuclear Environmental Progress group.
Extinction Rebellion spokeswoman Zion Lights quits green movement to become lobbyist for nuclear power saying: ‘I changed my mind'

• Zion, 36, dramatically quit the group to join pro-nuclear Environmental Progress
  • Miss Lights said she felt she had been duped by anti-nuke activists around her
  • Now she believes the energy source is the future to save the planet
  • She became worried about the environment after seeing an advert as a child
By DAN SALES FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 01:11 AEST, 26 June 2020 | UPDATED: 01:23 AEST, 26 June 2020

Extinction Rebellion's spokeswoman has quit the protest group to become a nuclear power campaigner.

Zion Lights, 36, has left the climate change cause, which brought London to a standstill last year, to join pro-nuke outfit Environmental Progress.

Mother-of-two Zion said: ‘The facts didn't really change, but once I understood them I did change my mind.'
[/indentr]

Then there's this, by Michael Shellenberger:

On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare

On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It's just not the end of the world. It's not even our most serious environmental problem.

I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.

But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.

Here are some facts few people know:

• Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
  • The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”
  • Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
  • Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
  • The amount of land we use for meat — humankind's biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
  • The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
  • Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
  • Netherlands became rich not poor while adapting to life below sea level
  • We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
  • Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
  • Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels
  • Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture
I know that the above facts will sound like “climate denialism” to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism.

Komrades, don't panic!

The elders of Zion surely involved here!
The Hydrogen Bombasts zonked the daylights out of Lights, nuclearly!
It's just to distract the masses from our CHAZ|CHOPpian Revoolooshun!

Mystery item No. 1

So, we don't have 10 years until TEOTWAWKI?

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:So, we don't have 10 years until TEOTWAWKI?

Papa K, 'pelipsky was thinkin'...and this is a mythical horned rodent doing the thinkin'...but didn't Teotwawki hit last Tuesday?

Also, if a rebel against extinction, rebels, and quits; what does that mean for the rest of the Kollective?

Could we be facing Nukes?? --- in the quest of POWER?? --- that could run a fan --maybe even a hotwired clock radio, at. the. same. time. (oh, the joy) -- throughout the ENTIRE collective???

ET? GD??

There is a proven safe design for nuclear reactors. They have operated multiple units for decades and there are literally thousands of trained-for-free operators available who are disciplined and reliable. It is relatively small (165MW) but a cluster of them -- say ten -- would keep a refueling crew permanently on site. Problem is, no one will receive the huge payoff for a new design. Too bad. Here is one in operation:
        Mystery item No. 2

Komrade ET:
When you change your Mystery item No. 1 to Mystery item No. 2, it will work korrektly. (Background: there is already a Mystery No. 1 above.)

So, you do that, and the Politburo will let you go (this time).

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:Komrade ET:
When you change your Mystery item No. 1 to Mystery item No. 2, it will work korrektly. (Background: there is already a Mystery No. 1 above.)

So, you do that, and the Politburo will let you go (this time).
All this manipulating electrons and pixels is confusing. Nuclear physics is much easier. Reactor design also has negative alpha T, unlike design used to warm Pripyat so effectively.

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:All this manipulating electrons and pixels is confusing. Nuclear physics is much easier. ...
Absolutely.

That electro-pixel thing - unbearable! Checkboxes, sliders, control knobs, dropdown menus, and whatnot. Trembling, you expect any moment that perhaps even eyelashes and ostrich feathers will come into play.

While the nuclear thing, and generally: all that quantum physics, that's simple. One nice, ruby red, hemispheric button. Handy, can't miss it. Just clench fist, one hit, and TEOTWAWKI.

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:One nice, ruby red, hemispheric button. Handy, can't miss it. Just clench fist, one hit, and TEOTWAWKI.
Known as the BRB in the nuclear energy field. They love acronyms
        Mystery item No. 3

Most more equal smart comrades ET and GD,
is Comrade ET sayin' facts -- which we now know can actually change minds -- to actually do something productive that benefits others ---but that's another topic

But is Comrade ET making the Corona Connection to Nukes??

In life in Corona, normal can't return until Vaccine because normal Chloroquine is well too inexpensive, and effective.

Effective Nuke Design in the Age of Corona means nukes must be redesigned because the effective design is inexpensive, and effective.

It's like that Gabriel García Márquez novel where the idea that if we stop shootin' people and throwing their bodies in the river/water supply, the cholera epidemic would end quicker, just never came up...and life was unhappy, in constant need, and relationally distant, because of Corona.

Life + Power can't happen...because Corona's out there...and there's a cheap drug to treat it, and move on, but Vaccine is for LIFE, but chemical recipe not yet invented, much less available for testing...not to mention affordability...and that whole class of warfare can of worms...and life becomes unhappy, in constant need, and relationally distant in need of POWER for The People™

Don't the actual facts change your minds about nuking the world?

Corona? Modelo tastes better!
I took Chloroquine to fend off malaria when I traveled to the mosquito coast several years ago (DDT having been outlawed by people who never had to worry about malaria). I was one of the fortunate few that didn't suffer that catastrophic heart attack I have since been told would happen if I tried that treatment again.

On a related note, I asked my doctor (located in the Warren reservation Fuqawi-land) if he could order a corona antibody test while I was getting other blood tests done. He said there was no reason for it (it was Tuesday). I was once again confused after hearing for months that we needed testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing, and more testing...

I guess there is no need for accurate information now that everyone has been programmed effectively.

jackalopelipsky wrote:... Effective Nuke Design in the Age of Corona ...
yeah, that's it! one nuke per one Covirus, aaand... aim, hit, gone!!!

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:
Ellsworth Toohey wrote:All this manipulating electrons and pixels is confusing. Nuclear physics is much easier. ...
Absolutely.

That electro-pixel thing - unbearable! Checkboxes, sliders, control knobs, dropdown menus, and whatnot. Trembling, you expect any moment that perhaps even eyelashes and ostrich feathers will come into play.

While the nuclear thing, and generally: all that quantum physics, that's simple. One nice, ruby red, hemispheric button. Handy, can't miss it. Just clench fist, one hit, and TEOTWAWKI.

All this talk of nuclear physics, and this electro-pixel thing and it's Big Red Button mystery item - where is it??

an' the mythical horned rodent is still mythical mind-blown by the concept that we now know FACTs can change opinions. Like...hit the Big Red Button and go for it, comrades.

TEOTWAWKI of effective and efficient nukes linked up in series as described, and confirmed in this very thread, comrades. Facts have the ability to change opinions! Alert the Press! An assault to incorrect facts passing as democratic opinion may have met its remedial readin' teachin' huckleberry. Recognizing FACTS and Opinions.

'pelipsky taught, sentence in current novel telling reader, "Mama didn't like letting the screen door slam" was a f.a.c.t.--- not an opinion of the character narrating the novel. Interesting discussion and opinions were changed by fact nuke.

Fact Nukes hooking up in series to produce power to The People™ like LBJ electrifying rural Texazistan...where evening milking in the shed was no longer by lantern, but hooked up to some Big Grid of incandescent light bulbs that turned darkness to light. Oh, comrades, the joy! Maybe even a radio, too...Bliss for all comrades tending their beets....ha! you didn't read secrete message there, ja? And travel mythically off to land of feathers and eyelashes...ja? jaa? jaa??

Facts can change opinions...alert the local media so they can refute in an opinion based on an incorrect understanding of the FACTS.

The TEOTWAWKI Big Red Button: FACTS can change our opinion. FACT.

Class dismissed.

jackalopelipsky wrote: FACTS can change our opinion. FACT.
Class dismissed.
always, Always use the Current Truth ™

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
jackalopelipsky wrote: FACTS can change our opinion. FACT.
Class dismissed.
always, Always use the Current Truth ™

'pelipsky doesn't get into metaphysical impossibilities like Biden does...but that's because Biden's a master - an' pelipsky is just a mythical horned rodent dealin' with reality...which is a dang hard beet tending row in Texazistan during Corona.

Current Truth Fact of Impossible Reality.

No wonder the lt. gov. of Texazistan says that young people hanging out at the local ice house are gonna fill the hospitals with Corona. Does that mean that ol' geezers hangin' out at the local ice house are Corona safe?

What about middle-aged ice house comrades? What's the legal age for Corona anyway?

And, can Facts change the opinion of Corona?