Fight gentrification and non-subsidized housing in Detroit!

Comrades, I bear disturbing news.

The common living arrangements of next Tuesday as shown in Detroit are endangered by White heterosexual employed persons.

Detroit_Ruins.jpg
Gentrification is whitey's clever plan to disrupt single parenthood, government dependence, and our beloved diverse and inclusive EBT lifestyle by displacing the less fortunate and building high rise luxury NON-SUBSIDIZED housing.

Detroit_Protest_Gentrification.jpg
Fight this Balkanization! Stand against this travesty, or face the indignities of neighborhood watches, homeowners association's, and stores that don't provide government cheese!

Dropping an enhanced radiation weapon on Detroit would probably qualify for historical preservation credits.

My "neutron mortgage" was patterned after a bomb of the same species... The structure remains intact, while killing the occupants.

I'm disappointed. I thought, from the headline, that this was going to be an article about the gentrification of fighting. You know, those quaint traditional ideas of fighting with honour and not kicking the b**** while she's laying in a pool of her own blood and gasping for her final breath. I didn't know this was going to be an advertisement for real estate developments and luxury downtown Detroit apartment complexes.

There's a lot of this going on in DC. Some of my friends have lived in the traditionally "ghetto" NE quadrant of the city for 3 years now. They're horrified to have only been robbed at gunpoint once. A beloved street of wig shops, hair salons, awful restaurants, and an "un-Safeway" has been ruined by the addition of trendy new bars and street car tracks. They say stop the madness, but I say it's their fault for moving in there in the first place. They were the white people that caused the tipping point toward "progress." They paved the way and are directly to blame for the influx of "bros" on the weekend, mixing muscle powders into their over-priced cocktails. The street in question isn't even metro-accessible! That's public transportation metro, not any kind of reference to sexuality... Who did they think would visit said street but people with CARS?!! The Checkers has even been driven out of business in favor of more "healthy" food. I'm disgusted... What about the poor? What about people who don't want arugula? Where will they live and eat once whitey drives them out of their homes??? There's even GRAD SCHOOL STUDENTS sharing a house 5 doors down from my friends. Not under-privileged people enjoying free school, but tuition-paying, job-working thought criminals! There goes the neighborhood...

Comrade Ivan,

Neighborhood watch? Hell no, we're just plain nosey!

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:.... You know, those quaint traditional ideas of fighting with honour and not kicking the b**** while she's laying in a pool of her own blood and gasping for her final breath. ....

Hah! High words from a comrade who stands on his own tail[1] during debates and then kicks his opponents right square in the formal dances!

Dialectic.jpg

---------------------------
[1] This is how to tell the difference between Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt and Wonder Wallaby.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Comrades, I bear disturbing news.

The common living arrangements of next Tuesday as shown in Detroit are endangered by White heterosexual employed persons.

Detroit_Ruins.jpg
Gentrification is whitey's clever plan to disrupt single parenthood, government dependence, and our beloved diverse and inclusive EBT lifestyle by displacing the less fortunate and building high rise luxury NON-SUBSIDIZED housing.

Detroit_Protest_Gentrification.jpg
Fight this Balkanization! Stand against this travesty, or face the indignities of neighborhood watches, homeowners association's, and stores that don't provide government cheese!

Comrade Ivan -

I'm doing my part to save old Detroit! Join Comrade Putout and me for dinner at my new restaurant! (bring those kittens from tractor barn #2)

Lev Termen wrote:
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:.... You know, those quaint traditional ideas of fighting with honour and not kicking the b**** while she's laying in a pool of her own blood and gasping for her final breath. ....

Hah! High words from a comrade who stands on his own tail[1] during debates and then kicks his opponents right square in the formal dances!

Dialectic.jpg

---------------------------
[1] This is how to tell the difference between Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt and Wonder Wallaby.

Politics is a contact sport, comrade. That's why I joined the high school debating team after I'd exhausted all possible advancement in the high school rugby team.

Remember, war is the continuation of high school debates by other means (and far greater fire power).

Also, the winners write the rules, so any fight one wins is automatically, and necessarily, a fair fight.

Mes cher amis,

Voici les apartements publique a la 60 years ago!

Les Tours Aillaud, Cité Pablo Picasso, Nanterre, 2014.

Indulge yourself by perusing the slide show provided. I have posted some images just to tempt you:

60 Year Old French Apartments.jpg
60-Year-Old-French Apt interior.jpg
These apartments are just waiting for occupants. They were built to gentrify France 60 years ago and, hey, if they are named after Pablo Picasso, they have to be wonderful. I mean, with a bit of a power wash, especially the one with the goo dripping down the side about 2/3 to the right, they will be fabulous!

Brutalism at its best!

Non?

Edit: Please note the tin foil hats installed on each tower, just like dish network!

Pamalinsky wrote:Mes cher amis,

Indulge yourself by perusing the slide show provided. I have posted some images just to tempt you:

The attachment 60 Year Old French Apartments.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 60-Year-Old-French Apt interior.jpg is no longer available
These apartments are just waiting for occupants. They were built to gentrify France 60 years ago and, hey, if they are named after Pablo Picasso, they have to be wonderful. I mean, with a bit of a power wash, especially the one with the goo dripping down the side about 2/3 to the right, they will be fabulous!

Brutalism at its best!

Non?

Edit: Please note the tin foil hats installed on each tower, just like dish network!

I bet the architect was inspired by Jules Vern's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. After all, Verne was of the French variety. As a kid I saw Disney's 1954 movie - one of the best SF movies ever made. The view from inside both the building and sub are mighty similar don't you think?

port-2.jpg
porthole2.jpg

Yes indeed, Comrade Craptek!
Both equally suffocating and claustrophobic!

Pamalinsky wrote:Mes cher amis,

60 Year Old French Apartments.jpg
60-Year-Old-French Apt interior.jpg

Brutalism at its best!

Non?

Ahh! Pamski! That is Art Decay, at it's finest!