Government Controlled Media: It's a Win-Win for Everybody!

[img]/images/Poster_Free_Press_Government.jpg[/img]

How sad it is that we share this nation with a minority of narrow-minded bigots who just can't bring themselves to see the good of government controlled media!

The real threat is from those angry white males who believe in outdated notions of a "free press" and "free speech" which are sooo 200 years ago. By the way, these are the same people who want to deny women access to birth control and force children into internment camps where they will be brainwashed into creationists.

But thankfully those days of limited government are over. Today we live in an Enlightened Era where a news network cuts away from a congresswoman driveling on about NSA monitoring of our daily lives to the latest on Justin Bieber. Some in an uninformed public would think the NSA story was more important while utterly failing to see the importance and cultural relevance of the Bieber story.

This is where the government comes to our rescue. With media monitors stationed in every newsroom in America, the government can assure that people are freely receiving the news they need to hear and thus "freedom" of the press is assured throughout Dear Leader's lifetime presidency.

We will get daily updates on how he has increased our sugar rations, and we can feel good about the government taking away all the stresses and uncertainties of individual decision making. It's a win-win, if you ask me. C'mon! What's not to like?

Komissar Blogunov wrote:Today we live in an Enlightened Era where a news network cuts away from a congresswoman driveling on about NSA monitoring of our daily lives to the latest on Justin Bieber.

SNIP

It's a win-win, if you ask me. C'mon! What's not to like?
What's not to like, you ask? How about... Justin Bieber?

Oh, wait a minute. Is he one of us?

The Honorable Komissar Blogunov;

As a real Investigative Reporter I offer to serve (remuneration negotiable) as a member of the first, official news director's Fairness Under Congressional Kontrol study team. I will be submitting my resume forthwith, to include samples of previous reporting from my vast portfolio of investigations.

I officially request copies of all forms, papers, rules, dictates, side deals, and amendments thereto, for purposes of my application and subsequent appointment to this important public service position.

Any assistance you are able to provide will be greatly appreciated. (really)

Sincerely,

Captain Craptek, CCCP
Defender of The People's Nuts

POWER to the Government-Controlled Media!

And thanks again to the Department of Agitprop.

Esteemed manufacturer of hockey sticks, yes, if the media tells us to be obsessed with the Bieber, then we obey. If he becomes an enemy of the people, say he converts to Christianity and starts a charity that actually does something for others, then we cast him aside like a denounced Stalin. Again, you see how easy it is to let others do the thinking?

Captain Craptek wrote:Any assistance you are able to provide will be greatly appreciated. (really)

Sincerely,

Captain Craptek, CCCP
Defender of The People's Nuts
Good Captain, I see that your party loyalty is not only not impaired by the loss of brain matter, but actually improved and better than ever.
I have some microfilm "squirreled" away in a pumpkin. You might find the information about some of our Inner Party members to be very, very interesting. In fact, it might help negotiating remuneration very much in your favor.

I'm sure the intent of the FCC was to create jobs - perhaps even saving Piers Morgan's! Call it a "bailout" if you will, government controlled media would ensure real Fair and Balanced Reporting because the Obama administration is all about fairness. They talk about it all the time.

You are korrect, Katz. You and I both see the genius of this administration in their uncanny ability to anticipate everything. For example, the ACA is daily relieving the toiling masses from the burden of work-slavery. At the same time, the FCC is creating a need for millions of government news monitors and a massive bureaucracy to implement its policies. Thus all those freed from work and other forms of capitalist oppression are now able to pursue their dreams of controlling others. Magnificent, if you ask me. Is there anything Dear Leader doesn't notice?

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
You are korrect, Katz. You and I both see the genius of this administration in their uncanny ability to anticipate everything. For example, the ACA is daily relieving the toiling masses from the burden of work-slavery. At the same time, the FCC is creating a need for millions of government news monitors and a massive bureaucracy to implement its policies. Thus all those freed from work and other forms of capitalist oppression are now able to pursue their dreams of controlling others. Magnificent, if you ask me. [highlight=#ffff00]Is there anything Dear Leader doesn't notice?[/highlight]

Ahh...let me guess...his oath of office?

Captain Craptek wrote:
Komissar Blogunov wrote:
You are korrect, Katz. You and I both see the genius of this administration in their uncanny ability to anticipate everything. For example, the ACA is daily relieving the toiling masses from the burden of work-slavery. At the same time, the FCC is creating a need for millions of government news monitors and a massive bureaucracy to implement its policies. Thus all those freed from work and other forms of capitalist oppression are now able to pursue their dreams of controlling others. Magnificent, if you ask me. [highlight=#ffff00]Is there anything Dear Leader doesn't notice?[/highlight]

Ahh...let me guess...his oath of office?

<off>

Immigration laws? The Bill of Rights? USDA daily nutritional guidelines? (Oops, thats Moochelle, nevermind). Surgeon Generals' warnings against smoking?

<on>

Nope. Dear Leader has his eyes on everything, and doesn't miss a thing.

FORWARD!

This just in: Russia follows the lead of our glorious and progressive FCC...
"The authorities of the autonomy also stressed out that the new leadership of Ukraine declare democratic values, which, among other things, involve the right to access truthful information.
"We have to state that the people of Ukraine have been deprived of the right. Therefore, if the negative media campaign continues, the Crimea will disable Ukrainian TV channels in order to protect the population from negative effects of their broadcast."

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
"The authorities of the autonomy also stressed out that the new leadership of Ukraine declare democratic values, which, among other things, involve the right to access truthful information.
"We have to state that the people of Ukraine have been deprived of the right. Therefore, if the negative media campaign continues, the Crimea will disable Ukrainian TV channels in order to protect the population from negative effects of their broadcast."

It seems our FCC operative public servant Comrade Fillet Mignon is having an impact beyond USSA borders. Now for step 2: Crimea must begin down-linking MSLSD satellite feed ASAP! No better reality smothering device is known to man or squirrel.

Captain Craptek wrote:
Komissar Blogunov wrote:

It seems our FCC operative public servant Comrade Fillet Mignon is having an impact beyond USSA borders. Now for step 2: Crimea must begin down-linking MSLSD satellite feed ASAP! No better reality smothering device is known to man or squirrel.
The Ukrainians must be made to understand the cultural relevance of Justin Bieber and the penetrating insight of that towering intellectual, Rachel "Blame Bush" Maddow. Putin is just the man to make them see reason.