Government to have authority to take over all companies

Glorious news, comrades!

Comrade Obama is working hard to regulate executive pay and introduce new authority for the government to seize any institution it wants, even if they didn't receive any taxpayer money!

This may be the start of our utopia. It's just a slippery slope from here on what the government deems controllable.

Administration Seeks Increase in Oversight of Executive Pay

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration will call for increased oversight of executive pay at all banks, Wall Street firms and possibly other companies as part of a sweeping plan to overhaul financial regulation, government officials said.

The outlines of the plan are expected to be unveiled this week in preparation for President Obama's first foreign summit meeting in early April.

The new rules will cover all financial institutions, including those not now covered by any pay rules because they are not receiving federal bailout money. Officials say the rules could also be applied more broadly to publicly traded companies, which already report about some executive pay practices to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

A central aspect of the plan, which has already been announced by the administration, would give the government greater authority to take over and resolve problems at large troubled companies not now regulated by Washington, like insurance companies and hedge funds.

That proposal would, for instance, make it easier for the government to cancel bonus contracts like those given to executives at the American International Group, which have stoked a political furor. Under the proposal, the Treasury secretary would have the authority to seize and wind down a struggling institution after consulting with the president and upon the recommendation of two-thirds of the Federal Reserve board.

Comrades! I am going to start a business and then run it so far into the ground that the government will come and take it over as well, at which point I will write a book about what it is like to own a business the government took over, and then use the proceeds to start yet another business while I work on my sequel. Mmmm perhaps I could sell Bonus Insurance?

{microphone off}
So A.I.G. actually stands for Awfully Idiotic Government?

Comrades,

The government may in fact, have the ultimate business venture. What would that be?? Why selling US Treasury bonds and other securities!!! Now that's a business plan that will draw lots of investors.

I hear the government was particularly successful with the running of the Mustang Ranch. Now, if they franchise it, and create many such ranches, they would go a long way towards replenishing the government coffers.

Leninka wrote:I hear the government was particularly successful with the running of the Mustang Ranch. Now, if they franchise it, and create many such ranches, they would go a long way towards replenishing the government coffers.

You have an excellent idea. Now that the Party Pleasure Palace has fallen into disrepair, the proles need a place to recreate. Think of all of the footage we could collect on rich Wall Street capitalists, while they're practicing their debauchery.

It would also give Nancy and Hillary something to do in their spare time.

Komrade Zarkof wrote:
It would also give Nancy and Hillary something to do in their spare time.

I DENOUNCE ZARKOF! And will continue to do so, until such time as this mental image is erased from my head. (I will however withdraw my denouncement if some vodka is put in the usual place, in the empty People's Rifle(TM) crate)

I am so confused. Our gOvernemt has also declared that losses incurred by those aristocrats who invested with Madoff are treated as theft losses for tax purposes. Applied to my own proletarian existence here at the recycling collective; If I deduct the taxes I paid in the first half of the year as Ponzi scheme theft losses, not only do I not owe taxes for the rest of the year, the gOvernment owes me 27 cases of beets per week for the next 4 years.

We need complete gOvernmental control over everything in order to gloss over what might otherwise appear to be inconsitencies.

Comrades, you've heard of our heroic ACORN cadres squatting in taking over foreclosed houses?

Well, why don't we form a People's Economic Vigilance Committee and go march on Congress and take them over?

Surely they qualify as being fiscally unsound, when have they ever turned a profit? Their management routinely give themselves huge bonuses and their workers are denied Union representation and all the customary workplace protections.

Comrade Whoopie,

Congress is not meant to do the dirty P word. It exists only as a tool to ensure the equal and fair distribution of wealth.

Opiate of the People wrote:{microphone off}
So A.I.G. actually stands for Awfully Idiotic Government?
Perhaps "Authoritarian Intrusive Government"

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Comrades, you've heard of our heroic ACORN cadres squatting in taking over foreclosed houses?

Well, why don't we form a People's Economic Vigilance Committee and go march on Congress and take them over?

Surely they qualify as being fiscally unsound, when have they ever turned a profit? Their management routinely give themselves huge bonuses and their workers are denied Union representation and all the customary workplace protections.

Comrade Whoopie,

I understand your confusion about Congress, amigo. There is no need to march on them. Our Congress, under the evil watchful eye of Madame Speaker, is doing a smashingly good job of legislating the World of Next Tuesday(tm)! The masses be damned!

Please, comraade, I implore you to have a little patience. It takes careful planning, and then slow, systemic erosion of rights and laws to bear fruit for our Revolution
If possibly you are suggesting an inflitration of groups such as the ,https://912project.com/ and others, then I agree that the Party(tm) should do this.
Spys in every dissident camp! Si, I have already infiltrated two such organizations in the NY Gulag! I shall report all that I find out to the Inner Circle. This is the way to CRUSH, all dissention. There is a eminent danger in letting the proles organize these TEA parties, and this rebellion by the ungrateful proles must stop, immediately!

TO THE BARRICADES COMRADES! Join as many of these groups as possible, and help save our Revolution, lest we be defeated by these heretical, non-conforming mobs!