Great New Tax Scheme

Mass. Democrat Delahunt got a great idea to raise taxes on everyone. He's proposing a tax on all online sales. And get this (I love it) he's gonna call it the "Main Street Fairness Tax."

Yeah, I know, isn't that clever? He's gonna claim we need to tax all online sales to make it fair for all the little mom & pop stores that have lost sales due to the internet. It's so Orwellian it makes me weep with joy.

Of course we have no intention of sharing those tax revenues with a bunch of bourgeois mom & pop capitalists. Every penny collected will go into cash strapped State treasuries (with a generous cut of the loot to the Feds).

We're gonna level the playing field by making everything more expensive. Nevermind the fact that many mom & pop stores buy their inventory online, the money they save becomes their profit margin when they resell it...So we'll be destroying their profits....hehehehe.

I see all of the lobbying by the fair-tax people has finally gotten into the heads of the progs in charge. The most progressive progressives on Capitol Hill are always willing to co-opt the ideas of others to suit their needs. And what a boost to the unemployment numbers economy this will be!

It has come the time to finish off the Big Mom and Pop business. They thought they were immune, and that they would be eaten last, after we've eaten Big Oil, Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, Big Auto, and Big Insurance. Stupid bloodsuckers thought it would take a lifetime! It only took Obama 18 short months!

But first we must deal a decisive blow to Big Online Retailers!

And then we must wipe out the kulaks who run small brick and mortar stores that also sell online. The shame of hoarding business venues. We must define who may sell what, when, where and how and under what circumstances. None of this running a storefront AND a web store.

pffft... who to need online shopping when there is the good black market (and no, I not to be referring to slave trading though many of my peoples were to be of getting much of the wealth from such things) to fullfill all the needs of the peoples.

I to say we are needing more of the black market trading.

But maybe it is needing new name so Teabagging southern rednecks not to be of too much of the excitment of thinking it is returning of the slavery.

I am not convinced that this power grab was conducted right. You ought to wipe out the mom-and-pop stores, first, so that people will have no place to go. Impose onerous regulations which only big corporations can afford. Impose reporting requirements which hobble the entire administration. Have inspections come in and stop the mom-and-pop business cold for days at a time, while customers are left waiting or go somewhere else.

Then after the mom-and-pop stores are closed, and mom and pop have taken jobs in industry which they hate--this makes them surly progs--then go after the big industry.

Always start with regulation for "better customer service" and "to protect the people," and you can end with totalitarianism.

I think that Aristotle foresaw this when he said that the trappings of a government can be so completely taken over by evil people that all that is left is the appearance.

Who know that Ari would be talking about Obi?

Bill Snyder - Why it's time to tax Internet sales wrote:If you want government services, someone has to pay for them. The amount of money governments are losing due to the [internet] exemption is staggering.

Why it's time to tax Internet sales

As long as the Progressive idea of government as a provider of services is around they'll tax us till we're dry.

Hey, for a lot of reasons I want private for-profit services Delahunt so how about a Dumb Progressive Politician Tax. I propose that Progressives like Delahunt get taxed at a "Progressive" tax rate, it might convince them to move out of the country and thus spare us their stupidity - and if it doesn't convince them to get the hell out at least I'd have the satisfaction of knowing they're paying up. Soak the Left!

Commissar Theocritus wrote:I am not convinced that this power grab was conducted right. You ought to wipe out the mom-and-pop stores, first, so that people will have no place to go. Impose onerous regulations which only big corporations can afford. Impose reporting requirements which hobble the entire administration. Have inspections come in and stop the mom-and-pop business cold for days at a time, while customers are left waiting or go somewhere else.

Then after the mom-and-pop stores are closed, and mom and pop have taken jobs in industry which they hate--this makes them surly progs--then go after the big industry.

Always start with regulation for "better customer service" and "to protect the people," and you can end with totalitarianism.

I think that Aristotle foresaw this when he said that the trappings of a government can be so completely taken over by evil people that all that is left is the appearance.

Who know that Ari would be talking about Obi?
A trickle-up take over.