Happy International Women's Day! A love song...

Are you an international woman? Then this song is for you.

A love song to all the international women from the People's Cube kollektive. Hey, it worked on Mrs. Red Square on her wedding night. And then I showed up.

Ushanka tip to Comrade Betinov.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins led the way...the way to what I'm not sure.

I keep on seeing this with His Obamaness or Sherrif Joe addressing the American voter. I admit that it's scary inside my head, and as you probably guessed, I spent a lot of my childhood alone.

So, international women get a day; some groups get a month? We need a much more equal distribution of Tuesdays (since every day is Tuesday now). Perhaps taking some days from, for example the veterans, all the saints, the Easter bunny, etc. would leave more for the equally deserving.

Taking lip-synching to the next level, this video stands well on its own. And yet, some info on the 1956 recording by Screamin' Jay Hawkins makes it an even more significant achievement.

"I Put a Spell on You"

Wikipedia wrote:His most successful recording, "I Put a Spell on You" (1956), was selected as one of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. According to the AllMusic Guide to the Blues, "Hawkins originally envisioned the tune as a refined ballad."[3] The entire band was intoxicated during a recording session where "Hawkins screamed, grunted, and gurgled his way through the tune with utter drunken abandon."[3] The resulting performance was no ballad but instead a "raw, guttural track" that became his greatest commercial success and reportedly surpassed a million copies in sales,[4][5] although it failed to make the Billboard pop or R&B charts.[6][7]

The performance was mesmerizing, although Hawkins himself blacked out and was unable to remember the session.[5] Afterward he had to relearn the song from the recorded version.[5] Meanwhile the record label released a second version of the single, removing most of the grunts that had embellished the original performance; this was in response to complaints about the recording's overt sexuality.[5] Nonetheless it was banned from radio in some areas.

The entire band was intoxicated during a recording session where "Hawkins screamed, grunted, and gurgled his way through the tune with utter drunken abandon."
Ah, sweet alcohol...is there nothing it cannot do?

It sure got Commissarka Nanski in the mood.

oie_10495HfXFlpUI.gif

Red Square wrote:Taking lip-synching to the next level, this video stands well on its own. And yet, some info on the 1956 recording by Screamin' Jay Hawkins makes it an even more significant achievement.

"I Put a Spell on You"

Wikipedia wrote:His most successful recording, "I Put a Spell on You" (1956), was selected as one of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. According to the AllMusic Guide to the Blues, "Hawkins originally envisioned the tune as a refined ballad."[3] The entire band was intoxicated during a recording session where "Hawkins screamed, grunted, and gurgled his way through the tune with utter drunken abandon."[3] The resulting performance was no ballad but instead a "raw, guttural track" that became his greatest commercial success and reportedly surpassed a million copies in sales,[4][5] although it failed to make the Billboard pop or R&B charts.[6][7]

The performance was mesmerizing, although Hawkins himself blacked out and was unable to remember the session.[5] Afterward he had to relearn the song from the recorded version.[5] Meanwhile the record label released a second version of the single, removing most of the grunts that had embellished the original performance; this was in response to complaints about the recording's overt sexuality.[5] Nonetheless it was banned from radio in some areas.
Intoxicated and imbibing a little cocaine, from what I've read....

Ha! Comrades,

You ain't heard nuthin' til you hear Nina Simone sing this one!

Yeah, she put a spell on me alright. I did some of my best work as a dancer, pushed myself way beyond what I thought I could do. Thanks, Nina, I never knew I had it in me!Love ya, girl!

This was Gov. Cuomo's favorite - the theme song of Cuomosexuality.

President* Biden's theme is: "I Put a Smell On You". I'm not joking.

Aside from that grippin'-shockin' (n-screamin') Jay Hawkins – must admit: karaokewise-(near)-illiterate, t'was news for my dummkopf –, that Słonina (= 120% Polish, = fatback) guy is a kind of a genius on his own. Compelling!